Average Investor

Make Some Extra Money While In Lockdown

50 posts in this topic

I have found it interesting to see how well I am able to stay up and running with selling online. Granted sales are not explosive, but I think they will do fairly well. I want to share how to make some money while you are inside. 

So I primarily sell things on eBay and I imagine with spring cleaning here that you probably have some excess stuff to sell. You can schedule a pick up order from door from USPS, Fedex, Or UPS. I have orders going out this morning and they are saying that they all intend to stay open during this time. 

Some hot items right now are board games, video games, media, but you could list whatever you like. Those are just a few that have been selling well for me right now and I sell a big variety of stuff. 

I would be happy to help you with any questions you might have about selling some this stuff or listing it right. From how to get prices or how to ship specific items. I think this could help anyone who might be struggling right now to make ends meet. This could be a real boost in revenue for you while you wait to see what happens. 

If you do not have any shipping supplies, then there is free supplies you can order from usps. I can walk you through what boxes would be good for the items you want to sell on there as well. You can make some out of old product boxes, paper grocery bags, etc too. 

Also, if you have some other ways for others to make some money right now feel free to post them in this thread. 

Edited by Average Investor

Cool that you are offering this man! I’m sure you can bring much value to those willing to listen and invest some effort!

Just want to say that making money in these circumstances seems to be a lot about perspective. 
Granted, there is a lot of change. But with change comes opportunity. Life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

There is a whole new domain of needs people have, to where there is no infrastructure to cater for right now. Ask yourself; What demands do people have rn? How can I fulfill these demands with my strengths and resources?

You might find yourself stumbling into a profitable business!

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity Thank you. I have been doing this for a bit and can guide someone well for sure.

I've been really nerding out on stocks right now. I think investing in those over the next several months is going to be really good for me in the future. I have been wanting to buy stocks, but thought they have been too expensive for quite awhile. I think there is some big opportunities there. I need to keep my income flow doing well to contribute to that more though. 

I have to admit I sold an emergency water storage for almost $180 today. It is not an item prohibited from being marked up and that was the going rate (some actually sold for $250). Trying to stay away from most of that stuff though. But if someone has other survival gear like a swiss army knife for example is selling well right now. I don't want to be the guy taking stuff from people in dire need or anything like that. I actually had the water thing before this was a big deal and forgot to list it. It just goes into someones tub and holds 100 gallons. 

I will put it more in perspective of the customer though of what they may want and see what else I can do. I honestly have so much crap to sell at this rate I need to do that mostly lol. 

Ooops accidentally posted here instead of journal. 

@Average Investor

That's the right spirit!;)

I would like to know something.

What is it you are selling? Is it a side hustle? How much money do you earn?

I sold items on ebay when I was in financial troubles and I realized that I'm very good in communicating with certain people. I sold a wide range of items and it made a lot of fun as well. Without this hustle I would have not survived financially. Would be cool to reestablish that:)

@supremeyingyang I make a living doing it. I sell locally too, but not doing any of that right now. The income will vary really. How much I am listing, time of year, etc. I do it as a main thing, but only spend a few days a week on it right now. 

I don't earn any crazy amounts of income. Enough to live though. If I just did this, then I would make much more. But that does not bother me too much. 

I sell everything really. I specialize in things like video games, electronics, collectibles, Dvds, and music CDs. I sell really everything though. 

If you want any help, then I would be happy to help. I know quite a bit around the whole thing. I would like to expand onto more platforms soon. Aiming mostly to hit 1000 listings within the next month. 

9 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

I sell everything really.

If you can get it delivered, with all this going on, good for you. I ordered on Amazon prime yesterday, just something for my phone. My 2 day prime delivery is now a month!!! LolxD

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 Yeah, I have fedex and usps pick it up right off the porch! I am very lucky that I can still do this currently. 

Since you are in the medical field I imagine things are crazy? 

8 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

Yeah, I have fedex and usps pick it up right off the porch! I am very lucky that I can still do this currently. 

Sweet, good deal!

8 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

Since you are in the medical field I imagine things are crazy? 

Yep, ppl calling daily putting services on-hold, even though they have wounds and IV's. 

We can't get supplies. All on back order. A couple ladies in the office were making fabric face masks today. Hint: that won't protect against droplet transmission. 

But, oddly, I'm personally not afraid at all. If I get it, then I get it. ?‍♂️ 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 Yeah, I think the media has had a big problem with getting people scared about it. Not that it is not a serious issue, but more in the fact that they just get people to panic. People do a lot riskier and unhealthy things all the time. Granted the elder population I can understand being more concerned. I am coming more to terms with just dying whenever I do and if I decide I like it or not it will happen. So I am just going on about my business. Of course still being mindful of the danger of it. 

Good for you on not being scared of it. I would not want to be around the rush of it all if it got super busy. I think we really lucked out in the US in regards to the rate of spreading. My town literally has 3 cases. 

13 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

So I am just going on about my business. Of course still being mindful of the danger of it. 

This ^^^ ?

13 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

I think we really lucked out in the US in regards to the rate of spreading. My town literally has 3 cases. 

I guess Ohio has 704 cases now and 10 deaths. But, I find fear and panic worse then numbers.

I'm not an asshole about it though, I protect myself and others, as much as possible, while still having to work closely around people.

I had to go grocery shopping yesterday. What a shock. They keep saying food trucks are coming in...well, by the looks of it they aren't coming fast enough, many isles and or shelves were bare. I had to replan my meals as I went along, since there wasn't much meat left, except some hamburger and expensive steak. 

The good news, plenty of chips...lol. the whole isle was stocked up.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I sell camping material 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

I sell camping material 

I never woulda guessed... cool

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 Yeah, a lot of it is way overblown. I was pretty lucky on a few items. I eat quinoa for dinner every day. So I am not sure what I am going to do when I run out and there might not be any lol. I am going to probably just start cooking some more beans with it and cut my use. I have maybe a month or so. 

I drink a smoothie everyday and don't have much issues getting the ingredients. I have just been doing house delivery on items now. I put all the fruits and veggies through apple cider vinegar, then wash off with water. I add a bit of the apple cider vinegar to the smoothie as well. No issues so far, but who knows really. I figure they are not going to run out of organic stuff because it would go bad too fast lol. 

@Preety_India I bet your sales are doing well on that stuff right now! Especially more "emergency" geared kind of stuff. 

I have been listing mostly music cds and dvds right now. Mostly because I have a bunch to get through that I already pulled. Most are long tail kind of items. But I do find dvds worth $30-40 sometimes and I have found a few $50 music cds. Trying to get over the 1000 listings while they have the free ones for a month. At 770 right now and listed 70 over the last 3 days. Workout dvds are doing well right now. 

Going to be doing larger items next week though. Have some big electronics etc. 

@Average Investor  the sales are doing well. 

But my issue now is food. The grocery stores near me have ran out of food. 

I'm just surviving on soup packs. I'm barely getting by. My refrigerator is empty. 

Just about everything is out of stock. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Average Investor Good luck to you with your food stuff. This was the first time I grocery shopped in many months,  since I started ordering online and doing pick-up, but since they are out of so much, they weren't doing it. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Preety_India  I am sorry to hear that. That's pretty rough. I am a strict eater and that would drive me nuts. I am lucky that I have as much as I do. If I aim to buy more expensive items, then they are usually in stock. But that is not ideal.