Beginner Mind

Awareness and its qualities

54 posts in this topic

I've been resting as Awareness off and on lately, but its qualities of peace, well-being, fulfillment, etc. are not appearing lately.  Is this normal?

Are you expecting?

Well being, peace, fulfillment are expressions of awareness but awareness itself isn't those, those are an expression in being from resting in awareness. As we rest more consistently in awareness we become more acclimated to the expressions of it in being so it is less noticeable until the turmoil in life comes and then the expressions of resting in awareness reveals itself in our being.

I hope that clarifies.

7 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

I've been resting as Awareness off and on lately, but its qualities of peace, well-being, fulfillment, etc. are not appearing lately.  Is this normal?

Yes.

It usually takes 100s of hours of such awareness for those qualities to start to appear.

The monkey mind disturbs the awareness with agitation and craving. Like rain drops on a still pond.

Pacifying the monkey mind usually takes 100s or even 1000s of hours of meditation or other kinds of inner work.

Pacifying the monkey mind is actually harder than Awakening itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, joeyi99 said:

@Leo Gura Should we still pursue awakening first followed by emotional mastery? 

You're not going to acheive emotional mastery without some degree of awakening.

Emotional mastery is probably the hardest thing to achieve.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@joeyi99 @Beginner Mind Pursuing, achieving, 'mastery' even our inner work can be the mind creating restlessness and a sense of lacking or incompleteness. Resting in awareness, just being, is not 'doing' anything with our peace, fulfillment and well being soothing the restless mind will appear in contrast to it's turmoil.

Then whatever we actually 'do' in life is an expression of our well being from resting in awareness, by just being present, not what we 'do' brings us well being so it isn't dependent upon any accomplishment or as gaining something we lack. We are already complete and 'full' even as we are evolving through life.

11 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Beginner Mind what seems to be appearing instead?

It's hard to explain what resting as Awareness is like, as it's not like any usual experience, and these moments don't last very long.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes.

It usually takes 100s of hours of such awareness for those qualities to start to appear.

The monkey mind disturbs the awareness with agitation and craving. Like rain drops on a still pond.

Pacifying the monkey mind usually takes 100s or even 1000s of hours of meditation or other kinds of inner work.

Pacifying the monkey mind is actually harder than Awakening itself.

A few weeks ago when I had my first taste of Awareness, it was accompanied by the qualities of peace, fulfillment, joy, etc.  Which is why I'm finding it a bit frustrating that I can't replicate the experience.  If you're right about it taking 100's of hours, I suppose God was saying to me, "This is what's available to you eventually", a free sample if you will.

11 hours ago, SOUL said:

Are you expecting?

Well being, peace, fulfillment are expressions of awareness but awareness itself isn't those, those are an expression in being from resting in awareness. As we rest more consistently in awareness we become more acclimated to the expressions of it in being so it is less noticeable until the turmoil in life comes and then the expressions of resting in awareness reveals itself in our being.

I hope that clarifies.

Expectations may be part of the problem.

@Beginner Mind Inspection literally under-minds “the one” looking for qualities, “the one” trying to replicate an experience. That “one” doesn’t exist. It’s just thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Beginner Mind  Don't even allow expectations of any number of hours of 'work' needed to experience the expressions of awareness, it's all available in the present moment. Any amount of time spent without it is the mind setting up imaginary obstacles it's wants you to navigate to 'get' it while the whole time it's always right here now to experience in awareness.

@Beginner Mind watch Rupert Spiras guided yoga meditations they will help you deepen and expand the experience of resting in awareness. As you rest in awareness a purification process starts to begin so old emotions and resistance from the ego is gonna bubble up as this process unfolds just keep going the way your going soon you find peace starting to increase :)

Remember awakening is all about unlearning and realising THIS is it, concepts are great to help on the journey, but as always the map isn't the territory. 

Just be without expectations and paradoxically the peace and happiness will arise naturally, from abiding as what you are. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Do you experience these peaceful qualities in your normal everyday life, or just when you sit down and abide in Being?

@Beginner Mind Eventually awareness “fuses” the background and foreground and you simply abide as The Self always. Hard to put into words and that’s probably a shit description. 

Put simply, Yes, there is a peace and happiness that never leaves. But it’s not like the happiness of your sports team scoring a last minute winner, more of a subtle absolute peace and happiness that never leaves. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Nice.  Was there a go-to question for you that helped spark a deepening into Being?  Such as Rupert's "Am I aware"?

@Nahm Resting in Being is my current practice. :)

On 3/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, Beginner Mind said:

Cool. I was commenting more to the ‘not appearing lately’. In the sense, being doesn’t come & go, but appears to veil itself in it’s own activities (thinking). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE