Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gnosis

How do you reconcile the notion that you've never ever had someone who loved you?

24 posts in this topic

How do you reconcile the notion that you've never ever had someone who loved you unconditionally?

I'm not asking the question from a position of not knowing what Unconditional Love is.

I'm asking the question from a position of Actually Knowing what Unconditional Love is, but never having met a human being who consciously embodied it.

Practically, most human beings and indeed perhaps you will go through your whole life without having experienced being Unconditionally Loved by another human being.

This seems almost even more pronounced in a primarily stage Orange society, since almost everyone and society at large tends to look at things exclusively from a relative-value basis for the purpose of physical survival in an Orange society.

So how do you deal with this? It seems even more painful the more conscious and developed you are. Surely the solution isn't to go and spend the rest of your life on retreat, both literally and metaphorically.

Practically, what seems to be the case when you're developed, is that when you're embodying Unconditional Love yourself, this is a non-issue, but as soon as something which needs to be purified or addressed in yourself comes up, you realize no one's really there for you.

When you're developed, you don't need someone to hold space for you, since you can and will "hold space" for yourself, but nevertheless, practically speaking, how do you find a healthy balance?

Since what's the difference between dealing with all of it yourself and being on non-stop spiritual retreat? The two are virtually identical.

Do you go find a guru?

What if your guru's dead and you're certain you'll never find a better guru?

What if your guru died three life-times ago?

Along the same lines, how do you "be there" for other people?

In fact, how do you socialize and interact with human beings from an integrated and embodied place in the first place?

Because of the gap in development, wouldn't most human beings by default find you either uninteresting or strange or offering "no value" to their lives?

Do you start living in a trailer and going to hippie festivals?

Do you start living on the streets and giving gifts to children from a giant cloth bag?

Is your physical life already by default screwed when you develop to Turquoise or Coral if you're not already conveniently set-up in life?

These aren't jokes.

If we take the statement on the percentage estimate of the global population that is at stage Turquoise, which is 0.1%. Supposedly then, in a vastly oversimplified calculation, even if you met and got to know 100 new human beings a year, it would still take you 10 years just to meet 1 human being at Turquoise.

For your information, this thread is an "ego backlash". And I won't be tolerating any low quality answers.

If you're not experienced or developed enough to answer these questions genuinely, do yourself a favor and don't.

These questions are not primarily philosophical or metaphysical in nature, and I am not asking you to point me to Truth.

These are practical questions about physical survival and living life from an embodied and developed place.

If I receive only a couple of responses that of a high quality, that will be more than enough.

I stumbled upon something Nahm said and found it very helpful,

"The body is reality, and purification is always the Gift and the order of the day. A single tear will change the world."

We are a pot of water with very few bubbles, maybe one day, something will heat up the water and cause more bubble to form and eventually, turn to steam. Maybe one day, the heat will be applied properly, if there is good enough reason to. Until then, keep searching for more bubbles, and let the light that shines within fill others, even if they don’t quite know what they have come across, you might awaken something within them.

11 hours ago, Gnosis said:

How do you reconcile the notion that you've never ever had someone who loved you unconditionally?

I'm not asking the question from a position of not knowing what Unconditional Love is.

I'm asking the question from a position of Actually Knowing what Unconditional Love is, but never having met a human being who consciously embodied it.

If one is aware of unconditional love, how can anyone love unconditionally? That is putting a condition on love.

Unconditional Love has no conditions. Unconditional Love is Everything. How can another being not express love if love is unconditional? Anything they do is unconditional love, because they are unconditional love itself. 

Let's say someone tells me "You are a bastard!!" and punches me in the face.  I am being unconditionally loved. For me to interpret it otherwise, I need to add in conditions. I could say "That person doesn't love me unconditionally because he called me a bastard and punched me in the face". Yet in doing so, I've added a condition to what "unconditional love" is. I've stated that unconditional love is not calling someone a bastard and punching them. <= That is a condition. 

22 hours ago, Gnosis said:

How do you reconcile the notion

Unconditional is irreconcilable. Great for creating, if we ‘don’t knock it’ with too many conditions. Every guru reads this now, through your eyes. It’s all within you. Unseen, unheard, but felt & known.

To your request for practicality, and contemplation on turquoise, what is seen is only creation, co-creation, within cosmic creation. All of this is within you. The extent this is largely unseen by beings, is seen. To ‘connect’, is to reveal, and to create, or perhaps, reveal to oneSelf the extent one is already doing so. Beyond survival, beyond practical, yet all encompassing...creation/creating, inseparable of it’s subdivisions. Perhaps an ego backlash is none other than this. The ‘eggs of the coming omelette’. It is always Good, tense up as we may - but no further contraction is ever needed. We forget, but nonetheless, the contraction work is already Done. 

Zooming in is not satisfactory, and zooming out is not satisfactory, so we are ‘the middle way’. 

We are born by inversion, an ‘outside in’ / ‘inside out’ contraction of consciousness. It seems you are in a world, and there is much expectation, implying one should live & breathe in accommodation of practicality. But practicality does not know the thriving of one with a dream. Miracles are every day. We all un-contract in “the end”. Not everyone lives it. The backlash is a gift. :) There may be adversity in front of you, but every man who ever lived has your back. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Serotoninluv Thank you for the very clear response. I was aware of the contradictions and misperceptions in the statements of my post as I was writing them, but I wrote them nevertheless since it was an adequate expression of an experience and how I was apparently feeling.

@Nahm Thank you. I'll read through all that carefully a few more times. It should be obvious, but I very much enjoy your style of writing. I suppose I'm trying to find some bearings, while perhaps in "the end" no bearings are needed but only complete Trust.

@Spaceofawareness Can hardly wait for the day it All turns into steam and rains down again into the Ocean itself.

You're alive right now because you have trees for oxygen, society to keep your food and shelter met, an Earth that's just stable enough to not rock off course into space, all because the source (the thing you feel when you love a woman) is keeping it all together for you. 

And you've never been loved unconditionally?

@electroBeam Way too many assumptions.

Also,

22 hours ago, Gnosis said:

These questions are not primarily philosophical or metaphysical in nature

Even ignoring that, reductio ad absurdum is hardly ever helpful.

Reductio ad absurdum is generally only helpful in personal inquiry.

When you project it onto others, it comes out as pure arrogance. ;)

no I'm pointing to something which you can actually know/experience. 

Language = assumptions. There is no such thing as a statement not grounded on assumptions. 

10 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I'm pointing to something which you can actually know/experience.

That's fair. We'll leave it there.

@Gnosis

Thank you and likewise.

Might be Knowing the unconditional within, via solid & lasting direct experience, but finding some resistance in knowing the unconditional as the fabric of reality, or the ‘without’ (the world, and your life unfolding ‘in’ it).  Another way to say that might be, unconditional & pure at heart, but still ‘physical reality’ ‘real life stuff’ in perception & knowledge.

I recall a stage of ‘being done’ on the path, which was just before ‘returning to the relative’. I didn’t want that honeymoon to end. At all. Very reluctant. I wanted life on pause forever, though I knew ‘two worlds needed to collide’ sooner or later. In letting go, the body did start flushing out what felt like a ‘bones level’ of emptying, followed by a deeply beautiful series of purifications. Prior to that though, there was recognition of spiritual ego...of the intelligence facet of the unconditional feeling so good, it’d just bliss out the body in love & infinite intelligence, then go straight to my head, followed by my foot in my mouth.

I found the continuation of the expansion of the unconditional, a true infinitude of “the path”, in living it. Putting it first, above all. Uncompromising.  A much deeper purification ensued. Intuitive sensitivity went through the rough, often being a bit too much and exhausting the body. Going ‘over capacity’ in terms of visceral love. Honestly the depth of purification was shocking.   

In that ’returning to the relative’, I believe you know what I mean when I say I was basically ‘forced‘ to bring all attention & mind space back to my life. There were thoughts like, “well, parties over I guess. I’m gonna lose it, but whatever. I’ll do a retreat soon”. And I just, surrendered everything. “Jesus take the wheel” lol. Done. 

It didn’t take long at all for what I’ll just call ‘creation consciousness’ & ‘cosmic consciousness’ to settle in to the ‘space’ purification cleaned out. It was and is better than experience had ever been by far. In hindsight - what did I even think I was giving up?  It was just that I was holding apart life. “Pressure”, “responsibility”, “finances”, etc. I was so sneaky, I had divided existence from experience right under my own nose, and I did not really want to see that I had done so. But all that deeper purification came because I did look and see, because I “got real” with the unconditional in living. 

Then I was dumbfounded by a single insight - “Oooohhhh! Ok. “Dreamboard”. Eleven dry erase boards, and a 40 ft chalk paint wall for years - with a single insight I saw them for the very first time for what they were. Saw what I’d been up to in the most wonderful way, again, right under my own nose. It was like someone pulled a dam out of the way, and everything I’d written on them began to pour into my life. 

Perhaps the single greatest epiphany in that stage was how everything I’d ever experienced, made perfect sense with everything I wanted in life now. Just seeing it coming together on the board did it. I saw everything in my life, home & family, work, hobby, interests - I saw it all as one big perfect unfolding - which (and I mean this unconditionally) simply didn’t matter at all. 

It was that “inner kriya”, that “choice”, to let the ‘meta’ & ‘the spiritual’ of the past go. The experiences, the knowledge, the character, the trips & insights, the retreats, every last atom of every last memory of it all. I just let it all go for nothing. And now everything is nothing, and nothing is everything. 

TLDR: Order a dry erase board. Through expression of your entirely relative, and perfectly unique preferences & wanting, the absolute desire of creation flows through you, and everything in your life that is, rather magically recontextualizes itself. (It’s been flowing all along.) You will change, and your life will change, and that can seem scary...but the punchline is alway unconditional. Relentlessly, infallible & unconditional. It’s Good to get your hands dirty in life creation. Source has no problem washing ya clean again and again. 

@electroBeam What’a you just stay up all night spreading The Message? Shouldn’t you be sleeping. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

27 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@electroBeam Shouldn’t you be sleeping. ?

You talking to yourself mr 2:40am ;)

EDIT: I'm in AU remember where its 5:00pm !

Edited by electroBeam

On 18.03.2020 at 7:44 AM, Gnosis said:

Practically, what seems to be the case when you're developed, is that when you're embodying Unconditional Love yourself, this is a non-issue, but as soon as something which needs to be purified or addressed in yourself comes up, you realize no one's really there for you.

What would the experience of meeting an "unconditionally loving person" be, when something that needs to be purified comes up within you?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Gnosis depends of what kind of unconditionality you expect, the universe is loving you unconditionally  that’s why you exist in the first place. but karma brought you here for a reason which is neither conditional nor unconditional.

Yeah we are born by inversion?

Got unwraped as greatest gift. Just God damn. 

Yeah Rumi you and your glorious face. Can't deny anymore Rumi what have you 've done. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Nahm Thank you, I very much enjoyed reading that. Priceless descriptions of first-hand experience.

As Adyashanti says,

"It'll only get worse and worse!"

The resistance in me was never in "giving something up", since there is simply no way you could be removed of It. In fact, It'll be the one "removing" the apparent you as it burns everything and everyone from the inside out.

I practically "gave it up" in a heart-beat when I came around to 'being done''. In part, due to various life experiences which occurred at the time, I was already beyond convincing that this could ever "go", and in part due to having attained a very nuanced and complete understanding of this whole process.

At the end of the day, all it really boils down to is some semblance of self-doubt and self-pity that's still left in me. And I'm well aware it won't dissolve from sitting around, but rather from life itself moving along; it'll all go down the river sooner or later.

Jesus "took the wheel" as soon as I knew with certainty that I was done with that part of the journey ("being done"), which was a year ago, but we all know it takes a little time to get used to riding a new animal.

If Ashtavakra can do it, surely I can.

As Ashtavakra says,

"If you think you are free, You are free.
 If you think you are bound, You are bound."

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

And now everything is nothing, and nothing is everything.

I salute you. Hopefully there comes the day I can truly say the same. xD

10 hours ago, tsuki said:

What would the experience of meeting an "unconditionally loving person" be, when something that needs to be purified comes up within you?

Jesus materializes in a flash of brilliant Rainbow Light. He smiles and looks at me with Absolute Unconditional Love, and comforts me in a way which Far and Infinitely surpasses that of every biological mother and son. :)

Can replace Jesus with Neem Karoli Baba, Anandamayi Ma, Matt Kahn, Bob Ross, a really beautiful female, or Uncle Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Or an extraordinarily cute talking house cat visibly floating in the air and radiating profound presence. I'd surely question my senses, but let's be real,

that's the best part. ;)