Patrick Lynam

Becoming more like a girl, counter-intuitive

6 posts in this topic

I leo's video on the counter-intuitive nature of reality he talks about how guys often think that to attract girls they need to become more masculine and manly, but the counter intuitive move is to actually become more like a girl to attract them. 

Can anyone elaborate on this? I believe I am sort of a feminine guy and believe that allot of my work is going to be integrating the masculine but just curious if anyone has any examples of what he means, is he directing this message more so to the already 'manly' type of guys?

@Marc Schinkel Thank you for the reply that helps allot ! :)  The stats about only 10% of men being feminine and 10% being neutral makes me think that I might actually be part of the 80%. I had been listening to Elliot Hulse earlier today who said that the majority of men have become feminine because of western culture and the rise of feminism.

So at their core most men are masculine. Would you agree that they dont embody it as a result of western culture? 

14 hours ago, Patrick Lynam said:

@Marc Schinkel Thank you for the reply that helps allot ! :)  The stats about only 10% of men being feminine and 10% being neutral makes me think that I might actually be part of the 80%. I had been listening to Elliot Hulse earlier today who said that the majority of men have become feminine because of western culture and the rise of feminism.

So at their core most men are masculine. Would you agree that they dont embody it as a result of western culture? 

Just some thoughts on this, I'd agree that you're probably in the 80% but how it seems from the outside you haven't fully embraced that masculine side. To be 'more like a woman' is a transcendence of the masculine so you embody it but then you let it go, so there's no more trying to be masculine because you no longer see yourself as only that. I think the stage you're at is the non offensive, nice guy which is what women think they want men to be and some men buy into it and think that's how they should be, this is not embracing your feminine side, it's crushing your masculine side. 

So you need to reject that and embrace your masculine, once you do that then you can transcend it and embrace the feminine within you, but it's a long journey and doesn't happen over night. Main thing is be brave and challange yourself 

embracing those two dualities together could be great. but you should swing the pendulum to the masculine part as man! 

when leo talks about it he means that with 70% of masculinity embrace 30% femininity! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Relationships are in the female domain. You must be sort of a "fa*****", so to speak, in order for women to not be repulsed and frightened of you.

Remember, masculinity leads to rape.