Elham

What is your morning routines?

11 posts in this topic

It has been a while I'm trying to build a strong morning routine. It is also suggested by Leo in "Core Practices & Techniques To Start Doing" list. Today I found a list of 127 morning rituals (the pdf is attached. I have downloaded it for free)

I was curious what are some of your morning routines that you found it so useful?

TME-127-Morning-Rituals-Guidebook.pdf

Edited by Elham

I haven't been able to follow my ideal routine, but this is what I always used to do in college.

6:30 - wake up
6:35-6:55 - 20 minute guided meditation
7:00-8:00 - Japanese studying
8:00 - shower
8:15 - light breakfast, music, go for walk
9:00 - go to class

Just replace the Japanese studying with a productive activity, ideally something that's not involving going on your phone to go on youtube, but more like listening to an audiobook or reading something specific.

5:30 to 6:00 - Wake up, washroom, shower, grooming, affirmations/hype up.

6:00 to 6:30 - Make small breakfast, eat, journal.

6:30 to 7:00 - Silent mindfulness meditation.

7:00 to 8:00 - Go to gym, rotate each day between weights and basketball/cardio.

8:00 to 9:00 - Come back home, make large breakfast, check emails, respond to texts/calls, stocks, manage investments/finances, do any pressing errands/to-do-list.

9:00 to 11:00 - Personal Development/Self-Help reading only.

11:00 to 12:00 - Brainstorming/Research for concepts and ideas.

12:00 to 1:30 - Make good lunch, chill, watch helpful/interesting videos, search for inspiration.

1:30 to 3:00 - Action time. Work on business, implementation, learning/working on skills.

3:00 to 5:00 - History, autobiography, misc reading only.

5:00 to 9:00 - Whatever the fuck I want time. Live, relax, love the girlfriend.

9:00 to 9:30 - Contemplation meditation > Reflect on day, absorb any possible lessons.

9:30 to 5:30 - Try to turn my loud ass brain off and sleep LOL.

I could probably crunch and accomplish all that in less time, but I think it's smart to give yourself permission to pace yourself through each part so you don't feel rushed and exhausted to meet your times.

Obviously if responsibilities/appointments come up I need to heavily alter the schedule. This is the general guideline for 6 days a week. It's always subject to change if I need to accomplish different goals. I take Sundays free from this schedule to have dates with my gf, do grocery shopping, clean the apartment, go hiking, have fun.

I'm working on building a life coaching practice right now similar what Leo does (or used to do I guess), but I have different interests/approaches I want to take about it. At the moment I'm gathering competence and skills to put things together and make the whole thing actual. I have the skeleton for pretty well everything, I just need to start putting the meat on it.

It's hard work! Sometimes I lapse and end up free-styling some days. For the kind of person I am I need the discipline of a well thought out schedule. I've always struggled with perfectionism and procrastination so breaking things down like this really helps my brain make is graspable and not overwhelming.

Edited by Roy

"I don't care what the people know! The world's going to end in a month or so..."

@Roy Quality post, mind sharing the rest of your schedule with us?

6 hours ago, Roy said:

I think it's smart to give yourself permission to go through each part slowly so you don't feel rushed to meet your times.

Very true!

You don't have to like everyone. You just have to love them.

This account is no longer active. New account is @Sincerity

@Cykaaaa updated for ya.

"I don't care what the people know! The world's going to end in a month or so..."

My standard weekday:

4:30am Wake up and walk dog

4:45am Wim Hof breathing and cold shower. Brush teeth/drive to work.

5:45 to 10:30am work - coaching clients 

10:30 to 11:00pm meditate

11:00 to 2pm back to work - coaching clients 

2 to 3:30pm myofascial release and/or workout then drive home. 3 days per week sauna post workout. 

4 to 5pm first meal of the day and walk dog. Relax a bit in nature with dog. 

5 to 6pm Play music (guitar/piano/singing)

6 to 7pm Second meal of the day and relaxing some more. 

7 to 8pm Walk dog. Turn off all electronics and read by candlelight in the bath

8pm Bed 

Repeat(: 

Edited by King Merk

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@Vladz0r mine is somehow similar but I can't stick to the plan everyday

This is a nice list. 

At the moment not much than 

Wake up 

Phone 

Messages and emails 

Meditation for 5 to 10 minutes 

Breakfast and shower 

Newspaper for 2 mins 

Work related calls and fixing schedules with clients if any for the week

Journaling 

Need to have a good morning routine that will be stable and more productive 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I haven't been able to cement a strong morning routine yet since I don't want it enough. But there was a week when I did an hour meditation every day before work and that had me feeling pretty great. I can see that if I kept going until now I would be even more peaceful and alive.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games