Bazooka Jesus

Am I ready for 5 Meo DMT?

15 posts in this topic

I know, I know, I ask a lot of really fucking stupid questions lately, lol.

The thing is that I am still on the fence about this. My deeper intuition tells me that I am ready now, that I am as ready as I'll ever be, but alas, I still feel hesitant. Dropping LSD these days feels like I am the adolescent kid who is still hanging out on the high school yard even though the time has come for him to go to college. Well, how do you bring yourself to take that leap?

One of the main things that keep holding me back is that of all the substances that I have tried so far, NN DMT has been my least favorite. I love acid, I adore mushrooms, I enjoy(ed) ketamine and weed is pretty much my cornerstone nutrient for the time being; but NN DMT pretty much just creeps me out, to be honest. What is it that creeps me out about it, you ask? Well, I have blamed lots of things for my relative dissaffection with DMT like the weird taste, the bizarre visuals, the fast acting nature of it etc; but if I am being totally honest here, the thing that truly gives me the willies about it is this acute, super sharp, flickering, buzzing, almost stinging sense of hyperreality that it ingulfs me in paired with the sheer artificial strangeness and alieness of the place which the substance takes me to. (I should however mention that I have never had a proper breakthrough experience on DMT so far.)

So naturally I am wondering... is 5 Meo similar in that regard? I mean, I am dying to try it out for myself, but there is still this lingering timidity that is holding me back. It's kind of like having a cup of strange looking and smelling medicine standing in front of you; you know that it will in all likelihood do you a world of good to simply take the cup and down it in one go, but you also know that it's going to taste like hell, at least at first!

Yeah, I have no idea what I even expect from this thread. Maybe I just want to get all of my doubts out there in the hope that it will somehow clear away my rotten indecisiveness; maybe the little insecure child in me is hoping for a forceful push in the right direction; perhaps it's just another lazy stalling technique. I really don't know.

Having said that, let me know what you guys think, alright? I'll appreciate all of your thoughts on this, no matter how random they might be.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus NN DMT is very different than 5-meo-dmt. Just because they both have the letters "DMT" in them doesn't mean they are similar. That would be like asking if carbon monoxide is similar to carbon dioxide. . . Generally, 5-meo-dmt has no visuals, or very light "visuals" which to me are more like images that are not visualized like objects. It's not like going into a movie theater of visuals.

As well, you don't need to do 30mg of 5-meo out of the gate. Try about 15mg - take a moderate trip and see how it goes. For me, 15-20mg is a smooth transcendent experience. It's very clear and lovely. For me, moderate doses are much easier to handle than moderate doses of LSD and shrooms (which have a high body load, edginess and possessiveness to me). 

37 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Bazooka Jesus NN DMT is very different than 5-meo-dmt. Just because they both have the letters "DMT" in them doesn't mean they are similar. That would be like asking if carbon monoxide is similar to carbon dioxide. . . 

That's a great analogy!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

4 hours ago, knakoo said:

@Serotoninluv So for you 15 - 20 mg of 5 meo is easier to handle than a 150-200 ug of LSD ?? 

Regarding stress to the mind and body, 5meo is gentler for me than a comparable amount of LSD. 15-20mg of 5-meo is generally very easy for me to handle. It is often blissful and what I would imagine heroine is like. Even in the 30mg range of "ego death" it's gentler than a comparable ego death on LSD. In part because 5-meo is very clear for me. Everything gets dissolved without any wacky stuff thrown in. Of about thirty 5-meo trips only about three were challenging. Yet I haven't done 5-meo for about eight months, and I don't know if the dynamics would be the same now. 

As well, this is relative to my mind, body, conditioning, state of karma / conditioning etc. It is different for different people. One thing I would suggest is not having expectations of a difficult trip. There are many stories online about how difficult 5-meo is. This can lead to a self-filling prophecy. If I have an expectation that this is going to be hellish, as soon as the self starts to lose control it's easy to have a mindset of "Omg!! Here it comes!! The hell everyone online was talking about!! There is no turning back. I'm screwed". . . It doesn't have to be a self-fulfilling prophecy like this. There are people that use 5-meo to reach blissful states similar to heroine. 

21 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Bazooka Jesus NN DMT is very different than 5-meo-dmt. Just because they both have the letters "DMT" in them doesn't mean they are similar. That would be like asking if carbon monoxide is similar to carbon dioxide. . . Generally, 5-meo-dmt has no visuals, or very light "visuals" which to me are more like images that are not visualized like objects. It's not like going into a movie theater of visuals.

As well, you don't need to do 30mg of 5-meo out of the gate. Try about 15mg - take a moderate trip and see how it goes. For me, 15-20mg is a smooth transcendent experience. It's very clear and lovely. For me, moderate doses are much easier to handle than moderate doses of LSD and shrooms (which have a high body load, edginess and possessiveness to me). 

@Serotoninluv ¿15-20mg what ROA?

I have thought for a while to give it a try but have had always posponed since the massive negative "reviews" online. I imagine is because a lot of people too do psychedelics specifically for recreation. Good to read that.

Edited by Javfly33

On 10.3.2020 at 6:11 PM, acidgoofy said:

Are you ready to die?

Thanks for condensing my overly verbose OP into a neat five word question. ^_^

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@Serotoninluv You know, whenever I take a high dose of acid, I tend to be quite nervous while waiting for the effects to kick in; but as soon as I can feel it coming on, I get really euphoric and exited and can hardly wait for the big LSD Tsunami wave to hit me. When I smoke NN DMT however, my first thought after exhaling that weird tasting smoke is usually "Oh my god, WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF?!"

It is too bad that you cannot preview your reaction to a specific substance without actually doing it, but I guess that's the nature of the game we're playing here. I gotta say though that your comments have managed to calm me down somewhat and definitely whetted my appetite, so let's see if my experience with it will be equally blissful!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

46 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@Serotoninluv ¿15-20mg what ROA?

I have thought for a while to give it a try but have had always posponed since the massive negative "reviews" online. I imagine is because a lot of people too do psychedelics specifically for recreation. Good to read that.

Plugged.

I've also vaped 5-meo with a standard dry herb vape. Here, I just sprinkle in a little bit perhaps 3mg. Vaping doesn't have the "wave-like" effect with plugging. Vaping allows more control, like an intensity dial. There are pros and cons to each roa. 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Plugged.

I've also vaped 5-meo with a standard dry herb vape. Here, I just sprinkle in a little bit perhaps 3mg. Vaping doesn't have the "wave-like" effect with plugging. Vaping allows more control, like an intensity dial. There are pros and cons to each roa. 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Plugged.

@Serotoninluv Good to know. 

Although If the active dose is so low with vaping I don't know if I'll be able to measure that accurately since I have a pretty lame scale so it could be a double edge sword in my case.

If I try plugging it should I expect nausea even in an empty stomach? Never plugged anything.

Just now, Javfly33 said:

@Serotoninluv Good to know. 

Although If the active dose is so low with vaping I don't know if I'll be able to measure that accurately since I have a pretty lame scale so it could be a double edge sword in my case.

If I try plugging it should I expect nausea even in an empty stomach? Never plugged anything.

With vaping, the precise amount is not critical because you have control over the number of breaths and how long each breath is held. For me, a moderate trip is about 4 breaths held about 5 seconds each. If I don't want to go more intense, I just stop after 2 or 3 breaths. It's not rocket science.

I experience slight nausea when plugging 5-meo on an empty stomach. It's just a bit distracting, yet something I don't have a problem letting go of. For me, the body load of shrooms or lsd is much more intense. 

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

With vaping, the precise amount is not critical because you have control over the number of breaths and how long each breath is held. For me, a moderate trip is about 4 breaths held about 5 seconds each. If I don't want to go more intense, I just stop after 2 or 3 breaths. It's not rocket science.

I experience slight nausea when plugging 5-meo on an empty stomach. It's just a bit distracting, yet something I don't have a problem letting go of. For me, the body load of shrooms or lsd is much more intense. 

Thanks, I'll take into consideration the info ;)

You're smart to be afraid of it, breakthrough doses are f. intense. You can't avoid a brief trip to hell but just be sure you can't hurt yourself on the come-up before you're too incapacitated to be able to do it anyway.