TheAvatarState

Are You Enlightened?

74 posts in this topic

"I will tell you what the definition is, from the Creator who lives in you. He lives in every one of those Humans who we just interviewed. The love of God is profound for all humanity. A Human who does not believe in God is still loved just as much as the one who is a fundamentalist. Did you know that? The grandeur of the family of Spirit is beautiful, even if you don't see it. Who is enlightened here?

"The definition of enlightenment, as Spirit gives it, is this: An enlightened Human Being is one who respects and sees the enlightenment of all. It's the one who can stand and listen to the orthodox and see God inside of him, and see that it's real and it's perfect for him or her. It's the one who can see the Muslim and understand the beauty of what he believes, and who can look at the esoteric person and understand how close they feel to Spirit, and who can look at the banker [average non-spiritual person] and see the same. That is enlightenment. An enlightened Human Being is, therefore, one who emulates the pure attributes of God, rather than any system or that of any other Human. This is also the attribute of Spirit, who will look at every single Human Being with no bias and no preset conditions, and only see family."

-- Kryon (channeled through Lee Carroll on October 6, 2015)

You see, herein lies the problem with talking of, recommending, or teaching enlightenment. The moment the title "enlightened" is placed on oneself, it separates you from the Love of God. The enlightened do not brag about their enlightenment. The enlightened do not put themselves on a pedestal. The seeker may be disappointed to find that there's nothing to search for. No specific state to reach that may unlock the secrets of the Universe. Every thing already shines the Love of God; every thing already enlightened and enlightening. The only difference is in the understanding and consciousness of your own Enlightenment. The key takeaway is that your level of consciousness is not Enlightenment itself.

An enlightened person (who is conscious of his enlightenment) does not need others around him to become enlightened. This need, if it arises, is born out of selfishness because it confirms a sense of lack in others. It doesn't honor the God/Spirit/Mind/Infinity within all. From another angle, enlightenment could also be described as unconditional Love. God's point of view.

Think before you try to judge or criticize this. How else would you "define" enlightenment? A rigid definition has already failed, for there are many many levels to "enlightenment." At what level do you draw the line? Are you so arrogant to think that any Human has ever reached the highest level? Perhaps you might say, "The point at which one is conscious of his True Nature." But you should already know that is a limited definition, a realization achieved early on in the path. That does not encapsulate what is traditionally known as enlightenment. See, you just peeled back a single layer of the Infinite Onion; it takes great wisdom to know that you were, are, and will be the Onion whether you know it or not. I hope for you to challenge what you think enlightenment is.

The message is that you are God. You are Love. The message is not that you should become enlightened. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

There is no such thing as an Enlightened person, how can a person become enlightened when all there is is The Absolute/ Natural Pure Awareness/  The Self. Awareness simply recognizes itself. 

Also, teachers/ awakened beings don't NEED people to awaken, but they can see the suffering in so-called 'others' (Themselves), and from a place of Love wish to assist others in ending their suffering. However, you can't Awaken someone, you can assist in their journey and 'help' but in reality, teachers are there to help on someone's journey.

Anyone who says they are an 'Enlightened Person' still have a LONG way to go until full realizsation. 

This video from 8 Mins in covers this so well

'We are all the light of this being, in some cases, it is veiled by our own thoughts and feelings.' 

'I see you all as The One light of being. I don't have a mission to enlighten anybody.' Rupert is amazing

'I have no sense of being an 'Enlightened Person', the nature of my being is just clear to me.' 

'In some cases, being is still veiled more or less thinly by a veneer of thoughts and feelings. Hence the need for these retreats, meditations, contemplations and conversations.' 

Everyone is The Self/ The Absolute/ God/ Love whatever you want to call it, but many just don't recognize this or know this consciously yet. 

If I was to emulate a teacher, Rupert is the perfect embodiment of this understanding. However, I feel working 1-1 with 'Students' can help them realize the light of their own being in an easier manner, as we always forget each person has a unique path, with unique questions and stumbling blocks on the path to Self-Realization and noticing their own being. 

I will always be in debt to my teacher, I remember 'getting it' and just smiling on the Skype call, realizing This is it, it was a beautiful 'experience.'

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

It's very simple. To be fully enlightened is to realize you are God and that you create the entire universe. If you're not conscious of that, you ain't really enlightened.

If there is even one hair of separation between you and God, you're not fully awake.

How you act towards others is a tangential matter. Enlightenment is not about behavior or action, it's about consciousness of what you are. You're either conscious that you are God or you're not.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hey @Leo Gura I sent you a message a few days ago, just waiting for a response. Thank you.

Edited by Zero Degrees

Awakening could be described as becoming aware of what is true.(the bottom of the bucket has fallen out and it can never hold water again... it's just a matter of time) there can still be an oscillating period...   falling back asleep and waking up over and over again.

Enlightenment or liberation could be described as living fully embodied in this Truth. The oscillation has ended and only Being remains.

I really enjoy his videos ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If there is even one hair of separation between you and God, you're not fully awake.

Even you have hair, Leo. ;)

The rabbit hole of consciousness is infinitely deep. As long as you have form, you will not be "fully enlightened." This ideal state is synonymous with the Godhead. So allow me to ask again: at what point do you draw the line? Your consciousness of the Infinite cannot be a simple binary on/off. If that were the case, then you would know all facets of Awakening in one go. Instead, the experience is like pulling back layers of an Infinite Onion, of which you haven't even scratched the surface. Are you conscious of your Unity with the universe when sleeping? When taking a shit? There's hair all over the place, Leo. 

Consider that "enlightenment" was a term created by people who weren't enlightened, to put someone else on a pedestal, or by a master to separate himself and give value. The term "enlightenment" as you mean it, is a fantasy. A trap. It's the very hair you speak of. It creates a class of "have's" and "have nots." Even the most enlightened limited human to have ever walked the earth, only peeled back a handful of layers of the Infinite Onion. So "enlightenment" as a term to describe a level of consciousness is *relative.* Today's enlightenment will be common place in a thousand years, for example. But you and I know the rabbit hole goes deeper still. 

"But enlightenment is absolute!" Is it really? That's like saying stage Blue or Orange of SD is absolute. 

Sent from my iEgo

These are just simply different definitions of the meaning of enlightenment...

One person thinks it's when you become aware of the fact that you are God.

Another beliefs it's an infinite Awakening process unfolding with no end.

Who is right maybe no one and everyone ?

They're just words pointing to something... and we all know the words are not the thing.

My definition of enlightenment is when the illusion of the separate self falls away and it's recognized the separation never occurred, it was just Maya or the self illusion, Oneness was always the case. There is a disentangling from social conditioning and a snapping out of The Matrix. Life carries on as usual but without the egoic self agenda and pathological conditioned thought patterns running the show. Before Enlightenment chop wood and carry water after Enlightenment chop wood and carry water. What has changed is the resistance to what is.

A great thing to recognize is it doesn't matter either way its just a show...? ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Yeah it won't feel that way for the individual...

But when the individual is gone you will be home ?

5 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

Consider that "enlightenment" was a term created by people who weren't enlightened, to put someone else on a pedestal, or by a master to separate himself and give value.

Just no.

It was created by people who actually seriously awoke.

There is a clear difference between those who awoke and those who have not. Stop muddling the waters by saying everyone is woke.

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just no.

There is a clear difference between those who awoke and those who have not. Stop muddling the waters by saying everyone is woke.

There is no such thing as "seriously awoke"

I have never seen one inch of seriousness in an Enlightened being :P

B R E A T H E

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just no.

There is a clear difference between those who awoke and those who have not.

Enlightenment is an illusion ;)

If you're not conscious of that, simply up your shroom dose(or meditate more).

Suffering due to not realizing youre already enlightened/realizing your true nature is a serious issue that must be dealt with. But teaching people enlightenment is real and theres a clear distinction is deeply unwise and problematic. Youre encouraging people to conceptualize and mentally masturbate over this realm called 'enlightenment', pointing them in the exact opposite direction to where they need to go. It encourages wild fox zen mentality. Youre encouraging people to chase content or an egoic structure(spiritual ego) in the name of becoming enlightened. 

@Leo Gura

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cultural-history-of-enlightenment_b_926001

So it seems that enlightenment was a translation of the Japanese word Satori, which is a transformative experience, not a title or a state of being. Notice how different your understanding of a "Satori" and "enlightenment" are. Western culture took it way too far. At the end of the article:

"I myself have had forty years to ponder Shunryu Suzuki’s comment, “Satori is not the part of Zen that needs to be stressed.” As I see it, it is a little like standing on a hilltop with a good friend at dawn, watching the sun rise and saying, “Look, the sun is rising.” It’s not really necessary to say so. It is obvious; that is why you are there. It’s best to just stick with it, watch closely and see what happens."

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not saying everyone is woke. I'm saying everyone is God, and everyone has varrying levels of consciousness of this truth. Some are completely blind, and a few understand parts of the Truth to various degrees and at various times. I'm trying to point to the fact that phrases like "seeking enlightenment" or "you are now enlightened" are misleading at best. The difference you see between woke and un-woke is an artificial distinction you imagined, and contradicts much of your latest work.

So I have a question for you. Enlightenment has obviously morphed its meaning over the years. So is enlightenment the Satori itself, a nondual mystical state of Union? Or is enlightenment the embodiment of the Satori? If it's the embodiment, then actions are not tangential. If it's the Satori, then that level of conscious is not permanent and thus wouldn't fit your description. If you think of enlightenment as a "permanent" state of consciousness, then I'll ask again, where do you draw the line? You're placing a marker on the central Dial of consciousness, and saying "anything past *this* point is enlightenment, everything below it is un-woke." This is delusion. There are many degrees in one's understanding of his true nature. For example, there's form is emptiness, distinct from emptiness is form.

There is a deeper truth being pointed to when Kryon says, "An enlightened Human Being is one who respects and sees the enlightenment of all." 

Sent from my iEgo

16 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Enlightenment is an illusion ;)

If you're not conscious of that, simply up your shroom dose(or meditate more).

Suffering due to not realizing youre already enlightened/realizing your true nature is a serious issue that must be dealt with. But teaching people enlightenment is real and theres a clear distinction is deeply unwise and problematic. Youre encouraging people to conceptualize and mentally masturbate over this realm called 'enlightenment', pointing them in the exact opposite direction to where they need to go. It encourages wild fox zen mentality. Youre encouraging people to chase content or an egoic structure(spiritual ego) in the name of becoming enlightened. 

Thank you, I almost used the "content vs. structure" analogy :D

@Leo Gura This is that deeper Truth spelled out in more plain terms. I think it's helpful to seriously consider the metaphysical pitfalls of using a term such as "enlightenment" in the way the West uses it. Enlightenment does not point to "haves" and "have nots," that should be a sure sign you are deluding yourself in some way.

Sent from my iEgo

The mindfuckery of all of this is there's no substance to anything. That's what confuses... the ego isn't real unless you're identified with it...

Life has no purpose unless you're identified with life having a purpose

Life has no meaning unless you're identified with life having a meaning

Life has no value unless you're identified with life having value

We are Freer than free as in there is no goal to achieve... this is Paradise this is heaven on Earth this is enlightenment... for fucksake don't waste it on seeking what's already here...❤

We create our own suffering in life by simply taking shit to serious, and feeling like there's something that needs to be found.. you are already perfect whole complete Perfection at hand..

Life is not serious... when the kids are screaming the wife is bitching bosses are firing territories are fighting with each other.... 

Simply be the witness in these situations...

Visualize you are sitting on a cloud with God watching the show unfold below sipping on champagne and admitting to ourselves damn we created the best show in town... the Priceless show

simply unknowable... except for us ?

Edited by VeganAwake

You guys love to play word games.

When you are fully conscious that you are God, that is enlightenment/awakening. How long it lasts is irrelevant. It could last 1 minute or 100 years. For as long as you are conscious, you are awake. As soon as you are not conscious, you are asleep.

If you are in doubt whether you're awake, you're asleep. If you have questions about what God is or means, you are asleep.

@TheAvatarState I liked your comment, on the varying levels of consciousness. I would add that everyone is The Absolute, yet many just aren't conscious of this yet.

As Rupert says 'Each of us now is essentially the light of pure being, in some cases this being is still veiled by X, Y and Z. I have no sense of being an enlightened person. Just the nature of my being is clear to me.' 

'I don't feel that I'm an enlightened person, I don't see any unenlightened people. I see all these beings, that in some cases beings is  veiled by a veneer of thoughts, feelings etc, hence why we do these contemplations, meditations and conversations.' 

From this video- 

Francis Lucille- 'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly, for there is nothing else. To be in the absolute state means to be happy, content and at peace without the slightest restriction. What is said here is to be understood experientially and not theoretically.' 

How could it be any other way? All there is, is The Absolute. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys love to play word games.

When you are fully conscious that you are God, that is enlightenment/awakening.

Attachment to words can lead to that kind of behavior. Even if target words for that attachment are "God" and "Love".

You use words enlightenment and awakening there as interchangeable, but someone else might differentiate those, for example, in a way that awakening means "realization that you are not what you thought you were" and enlightenment as "realization of what you really are". Neither of you would be any more "right" or "wrong", you just use words differently.

Your participation in that word game is as pointless as of anyone else.

Edited by ttm

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you are fully conscious that you are God, that is enlightenment/awakening.

I understand that. But please describe "fully conscious." It's a misnomer. The Dial is infinite, and your consciousness of God deepens and broadens all the time. At what point do you say, "now you're fully conscious."? I'm baffled that something you recently described as a complex set of dials has now been reduced to a binary on/off. From my experience and others, it's clear that the dial analogy is much more accurate. 

Sent from my iEgo

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you have questions about what God is or means, you are asleep.

"If you have any questions about this, you don't get it." Uh, no. If you don't have any questions, either you DON'T get it, or your "getting" is surface level. The nature of infinity is that there's always more to learn, is it not? 

Sent from my iEgo