StarStruck

Voice recording during trip

11 posts in this topic

Going to pop 200 ug soon. I was thinking about recording my voice. I’m afraid I will lose my insights if I don’t. What do you guys think?  I couldn’t find anything on this subject on this forum. 

Edited by StarStruck

Many things could happen. There's a decent chance that you won't even remember that you had this intention when tripping, so a tip is to write it down to remind yourself of doing it. I'm not sure how much you would get out of doing this, because the insights are usually not translated very well into words. If you do it, which you might as well for the sake of the experiment, I sure would be interested in hearing how it turns out. Oh, and there is almost a guarantee that you'll lose your insights, as they don't belong to anyone. Grasping the insights has in "my" experience only led to frustration and confusion, ego backlash I think they call it. Insights are gifts for no one. 

17 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Excellent Idea! I do it too, I talk to myself.

I've had some amazing Satsangs with myself. Sometimes you just need to "speak it out" as Mooji says.

Been thinking about the same thing. Intending to do it in the near future.
if I can read or talk, or at least understand what the device is for.

Have a great time and tell us how it goes :)

5 hours ago, Yog said:

Been thinking about the same thing. Intending to do it in the near future.
if I can read or talk, or at least understand what the device is for.

Have a great time and tell us how it goes :)

I did a recording last year of my 15gr truffel trip. It was a pain in the ass to listen back to 3 hour recording. I never talked like that because I’m not a talker but I literally talked for 3 hours. A lot of things I said was repetition but that gave me the ability to auto correct my thoughts. It was a bad trip and talking gave me relief. Biggest downside was to having to listen back to 3 hours of mostly gibberish, to get the lessons out of it. Mind you: this was one of my first psychedelics trips so that is a factor too. 

7 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I did a recording last year of my 15gr truffel trip. It was a pain in the ass to listen back to 3 hour recording. I never talked like that because I’m not a talker but I literally talked for 3 hours. A lot of things I said was repetition but that gave me the ability to auto correct my thoughts. It was a bad trip and talking gave me relief. Biggest downside was to having to listen back to 3 hours of mostly gibberish, to get the lessons out of it. Mind you: this was one of my first psychedelics trips so that is a factor too. 

Maybe it is best to just have a premade list of questions that  you want to elaborate on, answer them at some point while tripping and than stop the recording. That can ease up things a lot. That is part of my plan.

wow I never thought about that! the idea is not bad but most of the time I listen to music from my speakers so would be hard to record

Chris bache had a great idea to not forget your insights and I love it. What you do is the day after your trip you sit down and listen to the exact same music that you listened to on your trip and write everything down that comes to your mind. I get a lot out of this!

wow, i literally had this idea today. except i was gona try it with a short 20 minute dmt trip...you'll need some good recording equipment to record for 6-12 hours lol