Raphael

Feeling Of Death

15 posts in this topic

Note : English is not my native language, sorry for language mistakes.

Hello everyone,

I've start meditating five month ago for 20 minutes and now I am starting to be a little more advance. It's past midnight for me, and I did my last meditation two hours ago, I don't want to go to sleep because I'm scared of what happened to me during my last meditation.

After a moment I've start to have some tingling sensations (if the expression is correct) in my right hand, my breath speed increased, I've stayed like this but my timer rang, and then I opened my eyes. I was feeling very lightweight and in a state of vertigo, in a certain way I wasn't really in my body. This sensation scared me a lot, after this I've start to do some movements, to run very quickly because I didn't wanted to die.

This was my sensation : feeling of death.

Now I'm afraid of meditate, and going to sleep. What should I do ? Is it normal ? Have you ever experienced sensations like this ? Thank you :)

The experience sounds great, why are u afraid?

I don't know it was very scary to me, I don't want to die. After I quit my public bench I felt that I could fall if I don't try to control myself.

The sense of death will come in eventually.  You don't want to die right? I was also the same.  I couldn't sleep and eat for weeks and cried in my bed thinking about me and my whole family and all of this time will eventually fade away. But later I found out that I don't exist at all. In fact, all physical and mental states are always dying. And the best part was, I found a way of escaping from death or all these cause and effect nature which are causing death. Remember no matter how much you try, you are closer to death today than yesterday. 

I didn't sleep a lot these last days, I were tired during my meditation. Does it matter ?

19 hours ago, Raphael said:

Now I'm afraid of meditate, and going to sleep. What should I do ? Is it normal ? Have you ever experienced sensations like this ?

@Raphael "is it normal ?" Normal according to whom? we are all on a journey of discovery.. Who governs the law of normal and crazy?

@Raphael this is your mind spooking you away from deepening your practice. If you can, be skeptical. Sit with this fear and look into it, dissect it, can you find where it is located in the body? Use the equanimity you have and permeate the portions of your bodymind with nonjudgemental attention. Eventually it will dissolve in the light of awareness

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

@Amir can't really talk about astral projection cause i never experienced it, but it probably fits in 'deepening your practice' category

Edited by Lorenzo Engel

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

After reading some stuff about astral projection, it seems quite similar to what I've experienced. This is not the first time that I have tingling sensations in my hands, the first time I stopped quickly. Last time I stop myself when my timer stopped, I didn't pushed it too far actually. I'm not even sure about what I'm going to say, but I think that I have a memory of a top view of my scene, but I don't remember any view my body.

@Raphael I've went through something similar, I concentrated on the mantra why is it true?

Felt like I faced my death....It was like.. I went away for a moment than I came back

Was weird as shit..I have no idea if that even happen.. I'm like in the fucking twilight zone Bro 

@Raphael Astral projection requires a specific technique and you were just meditating. I guess you experienced expansion. The thing is that you are getting closer to the truth and that`s why your mind tortures you with this immense fear. I had a similar experience, however mine was so intense that I fell off only for three days, then the true self made its thing and a lot of fear came out resulting in a huge panic.

I don`t meditate right now, but changes are happening to me gradually. I also had two more panic attacks, but they weren`t so intense as the first one. It`s like the fear of death is gradually fades out. Crying helps a lot. Your ego is crying accepting its own time limits. You need to accept that you will eventually die (your personality and the body). Actually I think it is okay to slow down, you need to trust your intuition (but not to abandon everything) and take the pace you need to gradually conquer that fear.

Also watching topic-related videos may help a lot. I posted a link to the topic I created during my panic attack, maybe it will help you somehow. There are also some helpful videos or you can search for more yourself.

And this guide is also very helpful. At least it helped me a lot.

On 20.6.2016 at 0:13 AM, Raphael said:

What should I do ? Is it normal ? Have you ever experienced sensations like this ?

It'll get way freakier my friend. :D But relax, nothing to fear here. It's normal to be freaked out by this at first. I also had times in which I was completely afraid of going to sleep or having these kind of experiences. As you go on they come more and more, at some stage you will try to create them (which you can't) at another you'll try to get rid of them (which you can't).

Over all, you'll see that mystical experiences have their fun and value but are like the candies of the whole game.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

Since this experience I don't look at myself the same way. I don't always feel that my body is really me, sometimes I have the sensation that a part of me is floating around the body.

@Raphael We commonly relate to awareness or consciousness as being localized at the body location. Usually somewhere behind the eyes. That may be a false perception.