Llight

What about the limitations of your avatar (leo for example)?

29 posts in this topic

@Nahm To be honest i am just kind of being selfish and dumb on consciously. I know how you guys think, what you like and what you don't like regardless of how true that is. I know in my mind that best case scenario you will feel a bit bad or stressed about this and of course not show it, and then carry on with your daily life, and knowing exactly this is what makes my post selfish and dumb. I guess i am writing this to make myself feel better by letting you guys know that, who cares it's your life and i shouldn't mix into that no matter how correct i am.

19 minutes ago, Llight said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise They change your brain as in can't tell the difference between reality and imagination. In fact it's all buddhas fault for being so direct and fools misunderstanding him and being just as bad as christians(they are more real though). If his teachings didn't exist none of those guys would be talking the things they talk, none of those comes from inner experience but just confirmation bias all along. 

The conceptual distinction between "reality and imagination" is nothing more than a duality of language. The psychedelic making you conscious of this has nothing to do with the appearances of nuerons firing in your brain that were changed by the psychedelic. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

2 hours ago, Llight said:

We all know that you need to feed it, be careful not to destroy it ect. But how many here who take psychedelics know of it's physical permanent changes to the brain? Just like a dentist knows more about your avatars teeth so do neurologists know more about your avatars brain structure. I am not making this a materialism vs imagination thing, this is one of the main reasons why i don't like psychedelics. I am giving you here a scientific research paper made in 2015(these things cost!) it's a professional paper used by other professionals not just some internet bs. I really would like an honest answer to this problem. 

bouso2015.pdf

You seem to be assuming that any brain alteration is a "bad" thing? The results of this article are amazingly promising for the advancement of psychedelic therapy and spiritual progress. These are very good results. 

The main finding of this work were alterations in the DMN - which is the center of self-referential thinking. Hyper-connectivity of the DMN is associated with hyper self referential thinking, depression, stress and worry. This causes suffering, as well as challenges to spiritual progress. At a physical level, this is an area that psychologists. meditators, yogis etc are trying to re-structure through years of practice. That psychedelics like Aya are able to do this is a GOOD thing. Not only did Aya uncouple hyper-connectivity of the DMN, Aya practicioners scored better on transpersonal, transcendent tests and scored lower on things like self worry. That's the whole point. . . When I read this article, I was like "YES!!! Finally, neuroscientists are starting to observe benefits of psychedelics at a physical, metaphysical, therapeutic and spiritual levels". 

And it's not just with Aya. Other studies with psylocybin therapy for people with depression and PTSD have also shown restructuring of the DMN, less self-referential thinking, less depression, less anxiety and less PTSD episodes (which is a good thing).

Of course, not all brain re-structuring is beneficial to well-being at the human level. There may be some areas in which psychedelics have undesirable effects. Knowing what these are can help the development of a new generation of psychedelic substances. For example, the article you linked showed some very promising good results with how Aya restructures the DMN. Perhaps another study might show that Aya-associated purging has undesirable effects on the autonomic nervous system. Then we could design a new form of Aya that preserves the good DMN restructuring properties and eliminates the unwanted ANS properties. 

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You seem to be assuming that any brain alteration is a "bad" thing? The results of this article are amazingly promising for the advancement of psychedelic therapy and spiritual progress. These are very good results. 

The main finding of this work were alterations in the DMN - which is the center of self-referential thinking. Hyper-connectivity of the DMN is associated with hyper self referential thinking, depression, stress and worry. This causes suffering, as well as challenges to spiritual progress. At a physical level, this is an area that psychologists. meditators, yogis etc are trying to re-structure through years of practice. That psychedelics like Aya are able to do this is a GOOD thing. Not only did Aya uncouple hyper-connectivity of the DMN, Aya practicioners scored better on transpersonal, transcendent tests and scored lower on things like self worry. That's the whole point. . . When I first read this article, I was like "YES!!! Finally, neuroscientists are starting to observe benefits of psychedelics at a physical level". Then I read your OP and was like "wtf?? this guy is saying this is a "bad" thing"?

And it's not just with Aya. Other studies with psylocybin therapy for people with depression and PTSD have also shown restructuring of the DMN, less self-referential thinking, less depression, less anxiety and less PTSD episodes (which is a good thing).

Of course, not all brain re-structuring is beneficial to well-being at the human level. There may be some areas in which psychedelics have undesirable effects. Knowing what these are can help the development of a new generation of psychedelic substances. For example, the article you linked showed some very promising good results with how Aya restructures the DMN. Perhaps another study shows that the purging of Aya has undesirable effects on the autonomic nervous system. Then we could design a new form of Aya that preserves the good DMN restructuring properties and eliminates the unwanted ANS properties. 

All excellent points, have you seen this presentation of the neurochemistry of psychedelics? Very insightful as a bridge into psychedelics for the more scientific and rationally minded individual as well. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

31 minutes ago, Llight said:

@Nahm To be honest i am just kind of being selfish and dumb on consciously. I know how you guys think, what you like and what you don't like regardless of how true that is. I know in my mind that best case scenario you will feel a bit bad or stressed about this and of course not show it, and then carry on with your daily life, and knowing exactly this is what makes my post selfish and dumb. I guess i am writing this to make myself feel better by letting you guys know that, who cares it's your life and i shouldn't mix into that no matter how correct i am.

Can’t really be ‘on conscious’ if you’re aware (conscious) of it. I actually read the report, and was wondering what you found concerning as I found it to be favorable to psych’s. Nonetheless, I believe users here would comment honestly, just to help you with any concerns. 

Aside...you actually don’t know how anyone else thinks. I get it, it seems like it, but it’s actually what you think about how people think. You also don’t know how anyone else feels, that’s still what you think about how other people feel. 

Also, I don’t find this post to be “selfish and dumb” at all. It’s good to know what the heck one is doing with ‘one’s brain’.

Feeling better is a pretty easy take away here...and also if you read the report.  

@Serotoninluv Very insightful getting your take on that info. Much appreciated. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Llight

Driving a car might be dangerous just as taking psychedelics might be dangerous.

Riding the bus might be dangerous, trying heroin might make you addicted.

People do it because they have different needs. It seems you are assuming that everyone does what is 100% safe.

As Leo said in one of his videos, I believe it's one of his earlier one on psychedelics - you can cut your arm off with a chainsaw, but a chainsaw is pretty damn useful for cutting trees and collecting wood.

You have to weigh the risk vs. reward. Obviously the rewards of using psychedelics for many is greater than the risks. With that said you should be EXTREMELY cautious while using psychedelics. You don't drive a car without learning how to drive one, without getting your license, without wearing a seatbelt (some people do). You don't just consume an unknown amount of a psychedelic substance without learning the proper precautions, without having an experienced sitter with you, without a safe environment (some people do).

Do you get the point?

5 minutes ago, steenadrianmr said:

@Llight

Do you get the point?

I think he does.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The truth is that everything is harming in excessive quantities and you will not save the avatar. For example too much sun@Llight can cause skin cancer.