Bazooka Jesus

Jordan Peterson vs Infinity?? Uh oh...

14 posts in this topic

Yeah okay, the actual title of this video is "Tragedy vs Evil"... but I like my own title better, so to hell with it. ^_^

As usual, good old Jordan looks and sounds like someone just euthanized his dog, but the speech is actually pretty interesting and surprisingly concise & unmeandering for JP standarts, lol. What do you guys think?

Why so serious?

Nice video, but it did leave me wanting to disagree , or rather not completely agree with some of his statements.

Like animals being unconscious, because they can't see good from bad, they do not have shame and so on, from my experience they do have capacity for all of it, they just do not have intellectual capabilities that of nowadays human, if we would rise him up on island without teaching anything , no language , no nothing, he would be not much different from regular animal. 

His explanation of evil was not bad and nice to stretch your mind,but  I think it lacked nuances that needs to be explored.

You make action with benevolent intention, but other side might not see it as evil, or action might do no evil, at the same time you can do things you think are right, but have horrendous impact on person and realize how horrible  thing you did actually was even though there was no intention at the start.

So who is evil at the end, person who for some reason wants to harm someone, or someone who believes that he is doing right thing , but does more damage, like believing that doing certain things will bring you closer to God, or that people should do this or that, pushing it on others, his children, physically , or mentally, in form of reforms ? 

Edited by purerogue

23 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Nice video, but it did leave me wanting to disagree , or rather not completely agree with some of his statements.

Like animals being unconscious, because they can't see good from bad, they do not have shame and so on, from my experience they do have capacity for all of it, they just do not have intellectual capabilities that of nowadays human, if we would rise him up on island without teaching anything , no language , no nothing, he would be not much different from regular animal. 

His explanation of evil was not bad and nice to stretch your mind,but  I think it lacked nuances that needs to be explored.

You make action with benevolent intention, but other side might not see it as evil, or action might do no evil, at the same time you can do things you think are right, but have horrendous impact on person and realize how horrible  thing you did actually was even though there was no intention at the start.

So who is evil at the end, person who for some reason wants to harm someone, or someone who believes that he is doing right thing , but does more damage, like believing that doing certain things will bring you closer to God, or that people should do this or that, pushing it on others, his children, physically , or mentally, in form of reforms ? 

Indeed, defining good vs bad is inherently survival. Plus animals know what love is. There is not a living creature that does not operate on Love. Survival is an aspect of Love. 

Can you give us the gist of it?

I don't want to listen to a man with sand in his vagina.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura "A man with sand in his vagina"? Dude, you've been snacking from the 5 Meo cookie jar this morning, haven't ya? :D

Well, in a nutshell, he speaks about the confrontation of finitude with infinity as the central dillemma of human existence, how man's unwillingness to make the necessary sacrifices in order to realize his true potential will lead to his demise, how nobody can know their capacity for doing good unless they deeply understand their own capacity for commiting acts of evil and how people use their beliefs as defenses against the sheer unfathomableness of infinity. Not a Peterson fanboy, but I thought he did make some interesting points here.

Why so serious?

Those are valid points. The only problem is that he isn't following his own advice.

@Leo Gura yo Leo why don't you sound enlightened like in your last video? what happened since? did you have an ego backlash? I just look at your last few messages and you come off as judgmental and criticizing. Like "purging the bullshitters" what happened to love haha xD

not asking this to troll or anything, I guess it's because I had a hope this experience is different than the ones you had before.

@Sizeable Oof Stop with your silly expecations and you'll see there is no problem.

Love is all around. Just look.

@Bazooka Jesus  How did nobody tell him to become a mystic yet? He prays and waits for anything that comes up.... Which is basically a state of grounded not-knowing. If he got deeper into that with meditation and more mystical, without any assumptions he would rapidly change his views, change the world, and change his audience... Can someone slip him 5 Meo DMT into his drink? (just kidding. Never slip drugs to anyone without their consent even if you think that will "enlighten them", just needed to say that)

@Endangered-EGO Radical openmindedness is the key. And he don't have it.

Fear, judgment, and closedmindedness are the only things keeping you from God.

@Leo Gura  I would love to see him have a full blown Kundalini awakening. It would heal his auto-immune illness and turn one of the most known "rational Christian philosopher" (for the lack of a better term) into a Mystic. The biggest Problem with Christians (those here in Europe, your Christians in the US are more similar to the ones we had in the middle ages) is, they believe that the Devil tries to bring them of the path by doubting the religion.

Ironically, by blindly following the bible or some deluded priests they fall into the Devils trap... I believe they first need to understand that their religion is not just a conceptualization of the truth that Jesus saw, but also a philosophical interpretation by those who wrote and taught it.  

A lot of catholic priests here in Europe are borderline mystics. They simply need the tools. Once it reaches the Vatican, Christianity WILL develop. Priests have mystical experiences (mostly Love), they just need a little push into the right direction.

@Bazooka JesusI’ve started watching this and he presents some comprehensive arguments so far, however, it would seem he is undermining the primacy of consciousness. If he so happens to include it later, then please ignore my comment. Nonetheless, I would say undermining consciousness when speaking about reality would be to undermine the very thing in which enables it be at all validated. 

Edited by Jacobsrw

24 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Leo Gura  I would love to see him have a full blown Kundalini awakening. It would heal his auto-immune illness and turn one of the most known "rational Christian philosopher" (for the lack of a better term) into a Mystic. The biggest Problem with Christians (those here in Europe, your Christians in the US are more similar to the ones we had in the middle ages) is, they believe that the Devil tries to bring them of the path by doubting the religion.

Ironically, by blindly following the bible or some deluded priests they fall into the Devils trap... I believe they first need to understand that their religion is not just a conceptualization of the truth that Jesus saw, but also a philosophical interpretation by those who wrote and taught it.  

A lot of catholic priests here in Europe are borderline mystics. They simply need the tools. Once it reaches the Vatican, Christianity WILL develop. Priests have mystical experiences (mostly Love), they just need a little push into the right direction.

You make a lot of simplistic assumptions there.

None of that works as easy as you portray.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Sizeable Oof Stop with your silly expecations and you'll see there is no problem.

Love is all around. Just look.

@Leo Gura Love is creation ;) And we all sure as hell are amazing creators. :P