King Merk

Meeting Leo/Awakening While Dreaming

19 posts in this topic

Oh boy. Where to start.

For context, the last couple weeks have pretty hard for me emotionally. I’ll save y’all the details but my life has been full of very high, highs and extremely low, lows of recent. 

I also lean towards insomnia and supplement with melatonin almost nightly to sleep

I was in a rough spot earlier and decided “fuck it, I just wanna get some sleep and escape all this for a bit” so I downed 10mg of melatonin (which is a lot)

I’d also like to note, I’ve just recently started having a few mystical experiences while sober, which is new for me and a total mind fuck.

I drifted to sleep... In my dream, I was at a rock climbing gym doing some bouldering (I’m big into climbing). Oddly enough Leo was there in the bouldering gym(although he didn’t have climbing shoes on - do u even boulder bro? ;)). I saw him beside me but was focused on solving this boulder problem and didn’t engage with him.

I could overhear him lecturing someone else on how “reality isn’t material and everything is groundless, etc”. I made a mental note that I’d like to chat with him, showing him gratitude for all he’s done for me before he left but I had work to do on the bouldering wall first.

Then, suddenly Leo and the friend he was with got up to leave and started to say goodbye to the small group who’d circled him. He walked up to me, shook my hand while saying goodbye and we held eye contact for a brief moment.

It was intense as fuck. I said “thank you Leo” and watched him walk away.

I ended up leaving the gym to go home and eat. After my meal I decided I wanted to go climbing again.

I travelled to a shopping mall area which my climbing gym had been transported to. I was then swarmed by hundred of cyclists, raving on their bikes towards me (it was like 1am btw). Ducking and dodging the bikers, I eventually made it to the climbing gym which I found to be closed due to the bike race.

I took a photo of the sign, saying when the gym would be back open and was bummed out. When I turned to leave, a security guard saw me and we started chatting.

When we got back to his desk, the man’s voice suddenly transformed to Leo’s and he started ranting to me about how “everything is an illusion and there is not brain - you are actually God experiencing infinity blah blah blah”.

From here I fell into what seemed like a bottomless pit featuring Leo’s voice. I really can’t describe what happened in words.

It was more intense than any psychedelic trip I’ve done (which is saying something because I’ve done N, N-DMT while peaking on LSD multiple times)

Any time I would try to interact with the ever changing environment, Leo would respond to my actions before they could manifest in real life. I was able to create my reality and eventually became completely free of the physical body.

It seriously felt like I was in this groundless void of continuous creation and destruction (featuring Leo the ever present vocal commentator of “my” actions) for an eternity. 

I woke up from my dream and was like, holy shit. I get it. I finally get that I am not my brain or my body. I get that reality is infinite and simply an ever fluid creation of God. I get that none of this is material and that there is no localized “me”. It’s not longer a belief in my head. I GET IT. 

At first when I woke up, I thought it was just another continuation of this never ending creation/destruction process I was experiencing. I lied down in this “afterglow” for a few minutes before I realize that I was back into “my body” and that the experience had all been a dream.

Odly enough, Leo’s “What is Reality” lecture was playing on my phone. I had fallen asleep to a London Real video talking about Psychedelics and not sure how it got to Leo like that.

Anyways, I already feel the insights I gained fleeting away and my consciousness being reduced back down from the flowing and fluid liquid form to a hardened and crystallized form... just like Leo told me in my dreams it would.

I’ve had an awakening experience before but this one blew it out the water. I’m curious if y’all have ever had anything like this happen in a dream before?

I’ve experienced plenty of lucid dreaming and this was a whole other level. It felt more like “Lucid Goding” tbh haha.

Anyways, thanks for reading all that <3

Hope it wasn’t too rambley(: 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Yes, I've had extremely deep and powerful awakenings inside of dreams. They are as legit as any other. The problem is they fade pretty fast and it's harder to build a bridge between them and "real life".

Still, a dream awakening is better than nothing.

Try to translate it to real life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Dreams are not mystical experiences. 

https://youtu.be/sg209CadVQM

Everything is not quite what it seems

This life is but a dream 

13 minutes ago, King Merk said:

https://youtu.be/sg209CadVQM

Everything is not quite what it seems

This life is but a dream 

That is fine,dreams can contain very interesting information , just as your daily life , but it is not mystical experience,also dreams are focused around your past experience of your so called dream. 

Edited by purerogue

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, I've had extremely deep and powerful awakenings inside of dreams. They are as legit as any other. The problem is they fade pretty fast and it's harder to build a bridge between them and "real life".

Do you think that Lucid Dreaming can be a way to see what Nonduality feels like? 

If one doesn't have access to psychedelics, can LD be used that way? (until having psychedelics)

And have you considered that your experience in your dreams was just a memory from your trips. If you had zero experience with psychedelics and no mystical experiences experienced, would awakening in your dreams still work? 

And in general, do you think that lucid dreaming can be a powerful tool to explore mind and do shadow work effectively compared to regular talk-therapy?

12 minutes ago, bazera said:

Do you think that Lucid Dreaming can be a way to see what Nonduality feels like? 

If one doesn't have access to psychedelics, can LD be used that way? (until having psychedelics)

I don't know. I haven't gotten into LD.

And have you considered that your experience in your dreams was just a memory from your trips. If you had zero experience with psychedelics and no mystical experiences experienced, would awakening in your dreams still work? 

They were definitely not memories but entirely unique mystical and nondual experiences with new genuine insights.

Of course a prior history of psychedelics and so forth helped expand my mind and therefore made such experiences more possible.

There's no reason it wouldn't work. The problem is that it's really not in your control. It's random. And it tends to fade fast because dreams aren't so clear as "real life".

And in general, do you think that lucid dreaming can be a powerful tool to explore mind and do shadow work effectively compared to regular talk-therapy?

Yes, entire books have been written about how to use LD for inner work.

It takes a lot of practice. I prefer to do my inner work during the day, but to each his own.

- - - - - 

Many years ago, before I started Actualized or knew about awakening, once in a dream I accidentally became conscious of the infinity of consciousness. But I lacked the theoretical framework to understand the significance of that experience, so I sort of forgot about it.

If you think back about your whole lifetime of dreaming, maybe you can recall a few such moments.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'd highly recommend Charlie Morley - he teaches lucid dreaming for shadow work and non duality.

5 hours ago, purerogue said:

Dreams are not mystical experiences. 

not sure about your definition of mystical. but why should a dream not be a mystical experience - it‘s much more a mystical experience than you might think. a dream might be as well a mystical creature, how would you know? or a mystical space you enter leaving your body in another dimension. you can only say it’s non mystical as long as you didn’t explore it yet, a dream is a channel for the sublime, too. even if i would start lucid dreaming, i would also want to get lost sometimes as a dream might be one of the most mystical places you have access to without manipulating your way into it.

Dreams can induce mystical experience.

In fact, I've had mystical experiences in dreams that were as deep as psychedelics.

2 minutes ago, herghly said:

Dreams can induce mystical experience.

In fact, I've had mystical experiences in dreams that were as deep as psychedelics.

but what do you experience while in the dream? i‘m not talking about a wake experience or the moment of memory. really what is a dream? if it’s not a mystical experience?

or maybe another way to point it is, that lucid dreaming is some kind of wakedreaming which is in itself mystical - how can you be wake while at the same time asleep?

also even though it goes against what i earlier said about not manipulating our ways into it, but i really think about maybe giving lucid dreaming a new shot. some years ago i already tried it but gave up after a while. if i would use melatonin i ask myself if i would start dreaming more again. also found out that clubmoss taken in the evening will enforce dreaming. if i took it, i usually took it in the morning for that reason. seriously starting to have a dream diary could also be an advantage.

@King Merk how are the highs and the insomnia connected? are the highs and lows because of things that happened or more connected to your inner rhythm? what kind of neutropics are you taking on regular basis despite the melatonin?

Edited by remember

4 hours ago, remember said:

@King Merk how are the highs and the insomnia connected? are the highs and lows because of things that happened or more connected to your inner rhythm? what kind of neutropics are you taking on regular basis despite the melatonin?

I had my first awakening experience a few month back that really catapulted me into rapid spiritual growth... 

And since then I’ve regularly experience very deep states of bliss and unobstructed presence followed by very dramatic states of depression and turmoil. Then repeat. 

How are the highs, lows, insomnia, rhythms, etc connected? I have no idea but I’m sure they are. The deeper into this path I get, the more I realized everything is preordained. Everything is flawlessly executed or “meant to be” if you will.

In regards to nootropics, I like to take huperzine a before bed because it helps with my lucid dreaming but I haven’t taken any recently as I ran out.

Other than that I don’t take nootropics often. I’m young (23) and healthy so they don’t seem to do much for me. For example, I can take 150mg of armodafinil and hardly notice a change in my mental state??‍♂️

On 1/30/2020 at 7:44 AM, Leo Gura said:

Wow holy fuck that's badass.

I had a really fuckin weird dream about u leo. You had a weird house and a weird cat. I think I'll just forget it phahahahahah

I find some of my deepest insights in comparing dreams to real life. I've been obsessed because I can't really prove how reality is any different. 

If you smoke weed for a while, then quit, your dreams become more vivid, this helps.

When you are lacking sleep, as long as you sleep on your back you'll most likely enter sleep paralysis which is scary as fuck, but you can learn so much from that too.

I feel like we just sleep to maintain this current dream (reality). Where if we didn't sleep, we start hallucinating and breaking down reality to see what it really is. I think its amazing how you can dream of someone and in the dream you know their body language, how they laugh, how they talk and their voice even if you never heard them say those words before. Obviously with non-duality everything is connected.

It's been making me wonder, is there consciousness in the other people when we are dreaming??? Why wouldn't there be if there is in real life? Dreams give me the ultimate mind fucks. Then I just came across this post on reddit extremely related:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/ewl0hj/what_is_your_scariest_paranormal_experience/fg2z1mm?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

insane! 

I too have had plenty of dreams with Leo in them, always really crazy. Had a lot of dreams of people who are passed away too. I had a couple that felt like I 100% time traveled, like watching a Jimi Hendrix live show that just felt so fucking real, even after waking. Dreams weeks and months long when i'm only sleeping for an hour, somehow still finding a way to get months of details in 1 hour. Time really doesn't exist.

The other night I had a dream where I was killing myself and coming back to life as the same person/avatar but different properties/circumstances.

When you realize you're dreaming everything up, its all bliss in the dream, you don't want it to end, I highly doubt "reality" is any different at all. 

On 1/30/2020 at 3:20 PM, King Merk said:

How are the highs, lows, insomnia, rhythms, etc connected? I have no idea but I’m sure they are. The deeper into this path I get, the more I realized everything is preordained. Everything is flawlessly executed or “meant to be” if you will.

I think everything there is, already happened, and is happening at the same time. I think it has to. I don't think there is any other way. 

I used to think I was talking to "God" as a child (laying in bed and in my head), I didn't believe in any religion, but I had this weird faith that someone was listening. I'd sit there and genuinely wish for something to happen, good things, bad things, they all always come true years later after I've forgotten about it. 

I'd assume every reincarnation you just pick whichever soul you'd like to experience, or you are a soul and you're just picking an avatar, because you wanna experience what that vessel did. Kind of like a game, who do I feel like playing today? Evil doesn't exist until you start the game so anything goes, almost like its just what you're in the mood for after playing the game over and over again there is always something new. But it already happened, you're just picking a time slot somewhere in the world of infinity and that's it. 

I really don't think reality is what people think, how it's constantly new and stuff added on at "random" or whatever. It only makes sense that it already happened and you just forget the future because you chose the soul only for 1 small unconditional/unbiased experience. 

I feel alive right now as i'm typing this, i'm watching it, you'll read it as I post it. But it wouldn't shock me if I play your vessel reading this 100 years from now, but it's happening at the same time. I don't know how this wouldn't be possible.