VeganAwake

Perfect Dark Night of the Soul explanation!!

28 posts in this topic

I love how well he describes everything. It's like he took a snapshot of my own experience ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

There's something that tells me he needs some more DNOS phases in his life, although he explains this beautifully.

This is so much more than simply stop identifying with the thoughts. It's a huge energetic process.  The mind needs to psychologically die to all those stored emotions and energies. That's when resistance/identification will break. Not by simply ignoring stuff. Maybe that is also what he means, but this definitely needs more emphasizing. Ego's identification through survival lenses will perish through complete ownership and feeling of the emotions/energies. 

4 hours ago, Visionary said:

There's something that tells me he needs some more DNOS phases in his life, although he explains this beautifully.

This is so much more than simply stop identifying with the thoughts. It's a huge energetic process.  The mind needs to psychologically die to all those stored emotions and energies. That's when resistance/identification will break. Not by simply ignoring stuff. Maybe that is also what he means, but this definitely needs more emphasizing. Ego's identification through survival lenses will perish through complete ownership and feeling of the emotions/energies. 

Interesting perspective...thanks

In my experience although DNOS is not something that you continue to go through over and over again, once the mechanism that creates the suffering is completely recognized and awareness is shined on how the ego functions, it deflates the ego rendering it powerless. 

Also I must completely disagree with this statement: "Ego's identification through survival lenses will perish through complete ownership and feeling of the emotions/energies"

This would almost be like re identifying with your ego and negating the work of recognizing it's an illusion.... kind of reminds me of Matt Kahn BS... who simply does not understand the mechanics of the ego.

The ego either wants you to completely love it or completely hate it but it cannot compute the idea of its unreality.

Awareness alone is Curative ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Why do you think there is any difference between awareness and my statement? Ownership and feeling into it are actually awareness and truth. 

The reason this is an energetic process is because in the end it's a physical unravelling! Because there is no one who is being aware or doing anything. After the mind wakes up, you need to physically die. So "just be aware" won't do the trick as everything is happening as awareness itself. That's like trying to make the train go faster while running in it.

@VeganAwake Great video. So clear. Not sure he got that Jesus quote right though.....? Also, curious on your take...and this is picky..but, he’s kind of implying the ego is an entity of it’s own, rather than just the believing of the thoughts, as awareness. Might just be for the sake of communication.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Visionary said:

Why do you think there is any difference between awareness and my statement? Ownership and feeling into it are actually awareness and truth. 

The reason this is an energetic process is because in the end it's a physical unravelling! Because there is no one who is being aware or doing anything. After the mind wakes up, you need to physically die. So "just be aware" won't do the trick as everything is happening as awareness itself. That's like trying to make the train go faster while running in it.

A lot of what you said I agree with... it's a tricky topic ❤

This is the part you have to watch out for:

"Ego's identification through survival lenses will perish through complete ownership and feeling of the emotions/energies"

Taking ownership of the egos emotions and energies or loving the ego will only perpetuate its existence... this is exactly what the ego wants. It will literally try everything to survive..

Explaining the ego is like explaining walking through a gateless gate... once you pass through and turn around and look back you see the whole thing was an illusion...

By taking ownership of these feelings and emotions it's like simply confirming to the ego that you believe in its existence.

It will do anything expecially turn into a spiritual ego... it will say look I'm spiritual now....I'm good... no need to get rid of me. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@VeganAwake Great video. So clear. Not sure he got that Jesus quote right though.....? Also, curious on your take...and this is picky..but, he’s kind of implying the ego is an entity of it’s own, rather than just the believing of the thoughts, as awareness. Might just for be the sake of communication.

This reminds me of a great way I heard of describing the ego's existence:

" It's real until it's not"

I also like to describe it as:

"The path that energy once took, and the tendency to take that same path over and over again"

You are exactly right... what is the definition of an entity? 

Thoughts and energy are powerful and have the ability to control... yes the issue is the identification with the ego as the self.

I love the analogy of the gateless gate when describing the Ego's existence:

After you pass through and look back you recognize it was never real to begin with... it was a misidentification the entire time...

But when one is immersed in it, it's the realest thing ever.

When the entire ego construct is seen for what it truly is for the first time it's shocking... it's incredible... I remember being shocked and laughing at the same time.

After this occurred for me there was an untangling from social conditioning process which I like to describe as snapping out of The Matrix.

The ego can still try to puff up from time to time but if the light of awareness shines bright it seems to just stay deflated for the most part...

The ego went from being a monstrous lion to a house kitten lol..?

Edited by VeganAwake

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

A lot of what you said I agree with... it's a tricky topic ❤

This is the part you have to watch out for:

"Ego's identification through survival lenses will perish through complete ownership and feeling of the emotions/energies"

Taking ownership of the egos emotions and energies or loving the ego will only perpetuate its existence... this is exactly what the ego wants. It will literally try everything to survive..

Explaining the ego is like explaining walking through a gateless gate... once you pass through and turn around and look back you see the whole thing was an illusion...

By taking ownership of these feelings and emotions it's like simply confirming to the ego that you believe in its existence.

It will do anything expecially turn into a spiritual ego... it will say look I'm spiritual now....I'm good... no need to get rid of me. 

I disagree my friend. With ownership i mean the opposite of resistance (i don't mean identification). It's actually true detachment. Its actually exactly the thing we've been avoiding all along by repressing stuff. And its part of the process. Eventually all positionalities should he abandoned, definitely. 

43 minutes ago, Visionary said:

I disagree my friend. With ownership i mean the opposite of resistance (i don't mean identification). It's actually true detachment. Its actually exactly the thing we've been avoiding all along by repressing stuff. And its part of the process. Eventually all positionalities should he abandoned, definitely. 

So you don't own it, you don't resist it and you don't identify with it... 

Perfect, we are actually on the exact same page. ❤

If you take it one step further and recognize it doesn't exist you will be spot on...?

Great video, already bookmarked it for the moment when shit will hit the fan! ;)

Why so serious?

26 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

So you don't own it, you don't resist it and you don't identify with it... 

Perfect, we are actually on the exact same page. ❤

If you take it one step further and recognize it doesn't exist you will be spot on...?

Still struggeling my brother. My mind has awakened, have had the realization some 3 years ago. But it has not yet anchored in my physicality. Haven't died yet lmao.

50 minutes ago, Visionary said:

Still struggeling my brother. My mind has awakened, have had the realization some 3 years ago. But it has not yet anchored in my physicality. Haven't died yet lmao.

There is not a you to die... you're trying to transcend something that's not even there... can you see the issue ❤

Recognize the entire idea of yourself is just a story.

Thoughts, beliefs, perceptions, ideas, words, stories... there's nothing there....where is the you?

There is no Visionary inside the body that is an illusion...

Where inside the body does the sense of you reside?

check it out for yourself but remember there is no self haha....

Simply see there is no ME....

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

There is not a you to die... you're trying to transcend something that's not even there... can you see the issue ❤...

Seeing the issue IS dying.  The direct insight is a state of samadhi.  Becoming directly conscious of it IS Pure Consciousness.  That is a mystical, non-dual state.

Knowing it conceptually is still ego.

He may not have had the direct insight yet.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Seeing the issue IS dying.  The direct insight is a state of samadhi.  Becoming directly conscious of it IS Pure Consciousness.  That is a mystical, non-dual state.

Knowing it conceptually is still ego.

He may not have had the direct insight yet.

Exactly ?

I've had what one would call a psychological death (seen through the illusion of life and death). But through a lot of transmissions my process is getting very energetic and physical now. It often feels like physically dying and purging out the old me. The uncontracting is slowly moving up the energy centers (after already having faced multiple kundalini awakenings). It feels like there eventually  will be a final release of contraction which will be the permanent death of the ego.

and whats the diference between the DNOTS and Ego backlash?

J. Krishnamurti said, “It is no measure of one’s health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” 

Identification with the egoic mind is the sickness and Samadhi is the cure. The saints, sages and awakened beings throughout history have all learned the wisdom of self-surrender. How is it possible to realize the true self? When you peer through the veil of Maya, and let go of the illusory self, what is left?

7 hours ago, Moreira said:

and whats the diference between the DNOTS and Ego backlash?

Its the same thing ?