John Iverson

Can i master Psychedelics?

17 posts in this topic

So i am going to start to master Psychedelics, i am going to try , psychedelics are fit to my LP.. But how? Can i really master it? I need an advice., what kind of skill inside the Psychedelics that i can master? Can you broaden my knowledge, .. idk.. please give me more say 

Edited by John Iverson

you need to know how to get through the experience and minamize the risk. and lots of knowledge about the experiece

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

4 minutes ago, TheSomeBody said:

you need to know how to get through the experience and minamize the risk. and lots of knowledge about the experiece

Okay! 

1 hour ago, John Iverson said:

But how? Can i really master it? 

After a few trips, you'll likely drop this need of having to become a master of psychedelics. One trip at a time. ;)

I would say there are different energetic orientations of the desire to "master".

There is an orientation of wanting to "master" psychedelics for personal development and personal gain. Here psychedelics would be a personal tool to progress along a path toward a destination. It would be like having a magic wand and asking "Can I master this wand to get where I want to in life". Or "Can I master psychedelics to heal my past traumas?".

Another orientation is using psychedelics existentially. This is transcendent to the person. Realizations of reality may be revealed that have nothing to do with my personal desires or gains. Or new abilities may be revealed that weren't asked for or desired. With this orientation, one may ask "Can I master psychedelics such that they become a higher order teacher of transformation in ways I cannot imagine?"

These orientations are not mutually exclusive, yet ime it's important to the "mastery" process. There are things to keep in mind for someone wanting to use psychedelics for personal growth and skill development toward success. For example, if this person went into "ego death" zones in which trans-personal awakenings are revealed - there may be a lot of anxiety, resistance and inner turmoil. Not just during the trip - also afterwards for days, even months. The person wants to enter another realm to get some goodies for personal gain and they enter an ego death zone showing that "you" doesn't exist. This misalignment of energetic intention and desire can be quite disruptive to a mind and body. The person may contextualize the trip as a "bad trip" that screwed me up. Or that psychedelics don't work for them. 

My experience has been they are the one to "show", regardless of how "far" a person is in there development. 

Maybe your desire to "master" is you expressing your desire to be adept at working with them.  That is honorable and noble.  

I would add that for me, adept means being able to navigate all aspects; this doesn't reflect on the emotional enjoyment, to the contrary some of my best journeys have been the scariest moments of my life... 

1 hour ago, RevoCulture said:

Maybe your desire to "master" is you expressing your desire to be adept at working with them.  That is honorable and noble.  

It hits me when you said that is honorable and noble, the number 1 value in my top 10 values is Honor... so what you said earlier really fits with me...

can you elaborate, "your desire to be adept at working with them" ? I want to understand this more to myself

my best journeys have been the scariest moments of my life.

Tell me the stories

Edited by John Iverson

@John Iverson

We could say that relationships are life, the relation between things.  

When you look to psychedelics, it is a particular relationship that holds archetypal qualities if you will, symbols.  Psychedelics represent something to the seeker and maybe your expression wades into these waters.

Maybe your desire to journey into reality and to know it, to merge, to become one with it has a particular strength & passion.  Maybe when you feel your thoughts and emotions welling up it has a power to it that got put into "Master". 

To become adept...  What I mean is within that intense feeling and symbolic meaning for the substance, the path it offers, and the visions of truth it can offer... to become adept would be to become familiar with in a way that is filled with respect and humility, appreciation and a certain degree of skill.  Skill in familiarity and the ability to navigate it successfully, like learning a path through the woods, knowing it so well that when there is a moonless night you are able to walk through it with skill.  You don't dominate it but you merge with it... 

To be adept, to be skillful.. rooted in respect, gratitude, humility, to become friends.. 

As a rule of thumb I have found that sharing my personal journey's don't deliver and end up a net negative so I refrain..   But.. Lets say death has visited me more than once... and they have been the scariest moments of my life... sheer terror..  feelings that are not desired but once completed can be profound and cherished...   It is good to have a caretaker present..   Choices can be made that seem rational in these moments that are not in your best interest or the interest of others....   This all feeds into becoming adept.. 

Blessings.. 

Edited by RevoCulture

Psychedelics are the Master of You. You can't become the Master because you are learning from the Master. From Nature, Spirit, Love...

But you could become more aware of your thoughts or behavior. Find the right breathing technique for inhaling your medicine, or become a pro at set and setting to create a special trip.

Mastery is a desire to control or have superiority over something. I think we all know who that sounds like. Ego, come out here please...  

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@John Iverson

We could say that relationships are life, the relation between things.  

When you look to psychedelics, it is a particular relationship that holds archetypal qualities if you will, symbols.  Psychedelics represent something to the seeker and maybe your expression wades into these waters.

Maybe your desire to journey into reality and to know it, to merge, to become one with it has a particular strength & passion.  Maybe when you feel your thoughts and emotions welling up it has a power to it that got put into "Master". 

To become adept...  What I mean is within that intense feeling and symbolic meaning for the substance, the path it offers, and the visions of truth it can offer... to become adept would be to become familiar with in a way that is filled with respect and humility, appreciation and a certain degree of skill.  Skill in familiarity and the ability to navigate it successfully, like learning a path through the woods, knowing it so well that when there is a moonless night you are able to walk through it with skill.  You don't dominate it but you merge with it... 

To be adept, to be skillful.. rooted in respect, gratitude, humility, to become friends.. 

As a rule of thumb I have found that sharing my personal journey's don't deliver and end up a net negative so I refrain..   But.. Lets say death has visited me more than once... and they have been the scariest moments of my life... sheer terror..  feelings that are not desired but once completed can be profound and cherished...   It is good to have a caretaker present..   Choices can be made that seem rational in these moments that are not in your best interest or the interest of others....   This all feeds into becoming adept.. 

Blessings.. 

I like what you said... i feel it and it feels like you are the color in every letter it represents in your Profile picture 

1 hour ago, Chakra Lion said:

become a pro at set and setting to create a special trip.

Hmm ? I will take this and maybe i , there is a time that i will become open to create this...

1 hour ago, Chakra Lion said:

we all know who that sounds like. Ego, come out here please...  

Hmm it is ego.. but not the low self... i want to create something and be great at something.. (High Self) in this life i need to have a concrete mastery to feed myself to survive to purse great things like my life purpose and Enlightenment... and i love to express as individual who produce something to people 

through psychedelics idk what to master to be great at something and To produce something... already Terrence Mckenna was born... Carlos Castenada too.. idk what inside the psychedelics that i could master then express it to people... as a manifestation of skill.. "Skill" SKIIIIIIIL BUILDING" that they cannot ignore me... where i can have a job because i am master of psychedelics.. 

Edited by John Iverson

9 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I would say there are different energetic orientations of the desire to "master".

There is an orientation of wanting to "master" psychedelics for personal development and personal gain. Here psychedelics would be a personal tool to progress along a path toward a destination. It would be like having a magic wand and asking "Can I master this wand to get where I want to in life". Or "Can I master psychedelics to heal my past traumas?".

Another orientation is using psychedelics existentially. This is transcendent to the person. Realizations of reality may be revealed that have nothing to do with my personal desires or gains. Or new abilities may be revealed that weren't asked for or desired. With this orientation, one may ask "Can I master psychedelics such that they become a higher order teacher of transformation in ways I cannot imagine?"

These orientations are not mutually exclusive, yet ime it's important to the "mastery" process. There are things to keep in mind for someone wanting to use psychedelics for personal growth and skill development toward success. For example, if this person went into "ego death" zones in which trans-personal awakenings are revealed - there may be a lot of anxiety, resistance and inner turmoil. Not just during the trip - also afterwards for days, even months. The person wants to enter another realm to get some goodies for personal gain and they enter an ego death zone showing that "you" doesn't exist. This misalignment of energetic intention and desire can be quite disruptive to a mind and body. The person may contextualize the trip as a "bad trip" that screwed me up. Or that psychedelics don't work for them. 

Noted 

of course you can master anything. But you gotta be extremely patient and examine your intentions for wanting to master psychedelics 

if your trying to master psychedelics for the wrong reasons your journey may come to a catastrophic collapse or end 

If I were you. I'd research psychedelics from hundreds of perspectives like a madman and trip carefully testing different doses of different psychedelics depending upon their intensity and the effect they have on the human system 

buy books. Leo has videos. Experiment with different things while in the trip.

I am not sure if you can "master" them, you can certainly master surrendering to them haha.

what you are describing to me, is becoming a shaman. To master them, you'd have to read about them and then have plenty of experiences with them. There are various kinds and they all have a different flavor to them too. I'd definitely make it a goal to have an authentic ayahuasca retreat or something.

Edited by SgtPepper

7 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

I am not sure if you can "master" them, you can certainly master surrendering to them haha.

what you are describing to me, is becoming a shaman. To master them, you'd have to read about them and then have plenty of experiences with them. There are various kinds and they all have a different flavor to them too. I'd definitely make it a goal to have an authentic ayahuasca retreat or something.

Hmmm ? I don't know really what shamans is but okay! I will buy book about shamans from the booklist of Leo, hmm? Can you say something about shamans? 

Psychedelics is important to my LP because I will be having different experience.. extraordinary experience that i will bring to people.. my LP is to see the purity and engage in actuality , To Overwhelm people from all extraordinary things that is really happening.. 

i wanna let people know what is really possible, what possible to do here in life or in existence.. what possible experience is possible.. what possible events happened from the past.. so yea isn't it Psychedelics can bring you to that kind of experience? I wanna discover "extraordinary things"... 

given what i express, Is shaman really the direction of my Path? I really don't know anything sorry..