DizIzMikey

Video Games

16 posts in this topic

Question... do any of you have wasteful hobbies that you enjoy ? Like... guilty addictions 

Video games I'm battling with a bit..tonight going to play some video games guess it was meant to be I suppose....

Oh well .. going to try to get back on track tomorrow

Edited by DizIzMikey

1 hour ago, DizIzMikey said:

Oh well .. going to try to get back on track tomorrow

Where is the problem? Have fun, man! :D

My wasteful hobbies (so that you feel a little bit better): Binging on series in the evening (right now it's Homeland), my buddy SWIM likes to go party from time to time way too to hard and smokes pot here and there, being addicted to meeting people here and there just to talk your ego off and feel good, a little bit TV before I sleep, cutting meditation minutes here and there if I have a full schedule, going to festivals and having the time of my life, being addicted to music while being in the underground or the bus, being an arrogant piece of shit for fun :D and probably 10,000 other things.

I don't really mind them, I love most of them to be honest. It's my element of unrespectable rascality - my salt. Don't beat yourself up for not living like a monk. If you want you can shift slowly in this direction - I clearly want to do that - but it takes time and effort to wash out all the shit society has implanted in you. 

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

Thank you I needed that advice

God bless you sir

I'm currently watching too many youtube videos. I sometimes waste hours.

Moderation is the key here. :P

"Time you enjoyed wasting, is not wasted at all"

@DizIzMikey Dude, I'm still really into games and cartoons, although I don't play video games that much anymore. But what you enjoy can be a means to further your purpose by reminding you of what made you feel alive in the first place before personal development. I probably wouldn't give a shit about drawing if I didn't love animation that much. And I wouldn't be spending hours of my time everyday working on an indie game as a hobbyist game developer if I didn't love video games.

Ultimately, its just about keeping awareness and mindfulness and a strategic mindset both in the short-term and the long-term to really know how to use entertainment properly. Most people simply stay stuck and get addicted to entertainment or stimulation not because of the stimulation itself but out of lack of conscious awareness. Sure, you have to make a lot of sacrifices on stimulation to cultivate conscious awareness but that doesn't mean spending some time with stimulation will always lower your personal growth.

I have quit most of the nonsense materialism but sometimes I really enjoy listening to music and I also watch Game of Chimpis once a week and then there is dark chocolate. Spending to much time on the web is probably my biggest addiction. I try to limit my time below 2 hours/day.

Hallå

i've struggled with my addiction to alcohol and coffee lol and its tough but simply giving up the "Fight" of it, its already starting to fall away. I still drink but its my weaker moments are getting less and less, and when they happen i deal with the feelings instead of beating myself up and wishing i didnt do it. :) 

@Anna lol agreed

@Extreme Z7  What game engine did you decide to go with to make your indie games? I'm probably going to go with Unity if I ever decide that is my life purpose, but more research is to be done. Thank you on the tip of lower consciousness stuff makes you less aware, too much of it is ACK! I'm thinking of taking the approach of Saturday and Sunday are days off. 

@99th_monkey I just had some alcohol last night, the kids drive me nuts, but that just tells me I need to do more personal development, but it was so good drinking 

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj lolol game of chimpis, a limitation does sound like a good idea, but I've been somewhat lawless when it comes to free time, but I'll figure something out. I do the web thing too, now I think I know why they call it the web =)

@DizIzMikey Yep, I really really recommend Unity. I might as well worship it because of how much I love using it.

I like to play video games. I have an agreement I got to live by though. I abide 100 distraction / 50 meditation rule.

I spend 30 minutes playing video games I do 15 minutes of meditation. I watch Breaking Bad which takes 48 minutes I meditate for 24 minutes. No stacking up meditation minutes, finish meditation first before the next distraction session.. 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

Yeah, can't get the thought out of my head to play this game... this urge has been going on for approximately 2-3 days I think so I'm going to play fallout  4

Edited by DizIzMikey

Having fun IS personal development!!That's why we came here on this Earth!

I do a lot of chimpery stuffs,I assure you they're not 'guillty' pleasure,hehehe.(Video games,sex/masturbation,WWE,chess,movies/series (Person of interest,walking dead,going to clubs and getting wasted etc)