VeganAwake

Higher self vs Lower self still = ME

30 posts in this topic

Watch this video at 7:30 ❤ the higher self / spiritual ego is the extra sneaky one. It's like the wolf in sheep's clothing... it's the perfect disguise because it now makes you believe you're doing good for the world...

I would imagine this is where most spiritual seekers get stuck on their journey to liberation.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I believe these videos you keep posting belong in "High Consciousness Resources" sub forum.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@VeganAwake What’d ya share that for?

I shared it to simply bring awareness to the fact that a lot of people become identified as this new higher self believing it is the absolute when in truth they are still being controlled by the spiritual ego's new found righteous self agenda. ❤

It's a very common trap for Spiritual Seekers...

On my path to Liberation this was something that I experienced... so I thought it was definitely worth a share.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, fridjonk said:

I believe these videos you keep posting belong in "High Consciousness Resources" sub forum.

That's a great idea thanks ❤ 

@VeganAwake Totally agree...but.....why do this...(if you don’t mind me askin)

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

to simply bring awareness to the fact that a lot of people become identified as this new higher self believing it is the absolute when in truth they are still being controlled by the spiritual ego's new found righteous self agenda. ❤

It's a very common trap for Spiritual Seekers...

On my path to Liberation this was something that I experienced... so I thought it was definitely worth a share.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It is far simpler really...whether it is a higher self or lower self...it is a believed "me".  As long as the "me" is believed...awakening hasn't happened yet.

There is no "me"...nothing to identify with.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@VeganAwake Totally agree...but.....why do this...(if you don’t mind me askin)

It's strange because I really don't know why... I was watching this Tony Parsons video and when I heard his message, the need to share it arouse. ❤

1 hour ago, eputkonen said:

It is far simpler really...whether it is a higher self or lower self...it is a believed "me".  As long as the "me" is believed...awakening hasn't happened yet.

Hey Eric...Yes it is radical ❤ nothing here being everything lol...

7 hours ago, eputkonen said:

Language is relative and thus limited.  Consciousness can refer to itself as Self with a capital S not meaning it is a finite individual, sentient being/entity -  but that it is Infinite Mind or Universal Consciousness - or God.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Its an empty fullness...A pregnant nothingness..

When the self fell away it was nothing as everything remaining...

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Language is relative and thus limited.  Consciousness can refer to itself as Self with a capital S not meaning it is a finite individual, sentient being/entity -  but that it is Infinite Mind or Universal Consciousness - or God.   

So you identify with that concept. 

The Self is not personal or an identification...that is just sliding a "me" back in there.  That which "refers to itself as Self" is not the Self, but a "me" trying to fake it.  The Self never says or needs to say "I am Self".

The true Self does not need to refer to itself...there is nothing else.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

39 minutes ago, eputkonen said:

So you identify with that concept. 

The Self is not personal or an identification...that is just sliding a "me" back in there.  That which "refers to itself as Self" is not the Self, but a "me" trying to fake it.  The Self never says or needs to say "I am Self".

The true Self does not need to refer to itself...there is nothing else.

No - this is a lack of understanding.  That could be the case for someone who hasn't awakened to their true nature and whose ego is deceiving them.  But there is no way you can know that from your limited perspective.   

More importantly, there are more awakenings that you can have - enlightenment isn't one and done.  You can have an awakening to your true nature.  Experiencing an awakening of no self is just one facet of awakening.

The point of self inquiry is not just to find out what you aren't - but also to find out what you are.  And what you truly are isn't personal or localized so don't misunderstand.  But they are two sides of the same coin.

"The true Self does not need to refer to itself..."

I never said you needed to, but Truth is Truth.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 , I disagree again.  Enlightenment is one and done.  There are no facets or stages...those all involve a "me". Either the illusion of duality and "me" has been completely seen through and can no longer be believed...or duality and "me" is still believed, in which case enlightenment has not happened yet.  As long as there is a "me" that can get somewhere or gain something (i.e. another facet...or make progress)...enlightenment hasn't happened yet.

1 minute ago, eputkonen said:

@Inliytened1 , I disagree again.  Enlightenment is one and done.  There are no facets or stages...those all involve a "me". Either the illusion of duality and "me" has been completely seen through and can no longer be believed...or duality and "me" is still believed, in which case enlightenment has not happened yet.  As long as there is a "me" that can get somewhere or gain something (i.e. another facet...or make progress)...enlightenment hasn't happened yet.

They don't involve a me.  Non-dual states are all consciousness becoming conscious of itself.  It can become conscious of various facets of itself all at once or during different non-dual states or samadhis.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, eputkonen said:

Either the illusion of duality and "me" has been completely seen through and can no longer be believed...or duality and "me" is still believed

That is a duality. 

@Serotoninluv , you are probably familiar with the snake and rope analogy.  Either the rope is clearly seen to be a rope (and so no fear, confusion, and suffering)...or the illusion of there being a snake is still believed and there is fear, confusion, and suffering.  Either enlightenment has happened or enlightenment has not happened yet.

You do realize that enlightenment refers to a happening to a specific body/mind.  It is like being in an orchard and saying an apple fell from a tree, but other apples have not fallen yet.  However, this does not mean there is true "otherness" or separation...it is all still Nonduality or One.  It is possible to describe characteristics of variation within a whole.  You could be in the ocean and feel warm spots and cold spots...but it is all still ocean.

Edited by eputkonen

@eputkonen Yes, I am familiar with the rope and snake analogy. It is a helpful analogy, in certain contexts, that I’ve used. 

The rope-snake analogy is a dualistic construct. It includes an imagined, nonphysical thing (a snake) and a real / physical thing (a rope).

Imagined or real is a duality.

Physical or nonphysical is a duality. 

Dual or nondual is a duality. 

”You do realize that enlightenment refers to a happening to a specific body/mind.”

This is the creation of a thing called “enlightenment”. This “enlightenment” is a happening that is not another happening. This happening thing happens to a specific thing called a “body/mind” and not to another thing that is not that body/mind thing. 

If that construct is helpful, great. 

@eputkonen Understanding vs non-understanding is a duality ? 

It seems like you have an understanding of something to be understood. If that is the case and it is helpful to you, great - I am happy for you ? 

I’m not saying you are right or wrong, or that you understand or misunderstand.