LfcCharlie4

5 Simple Tips to Supercharge Health in 2020

34 posts in this topic

Sorry for the salesy title, gotta get the practice in where I can xD

anways, here's 5 simple tips that will help you improve your health. 

1) Whole Foods Diet- This is fiarly simple, basially focus on eating Whole Foods and high quality ingredients, instead of processed and shitty foods. I'm personally Vegan but it's not about that, more about the Whole Foods themselves! If you wish to go plant based, do it, but I'm not here to push that. 

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-whole-foods-diet#1

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/plant-based-diet-guide

2) Filter your water and drink out of a copper bottle/ cup- Obvious why to filter your water, can be expensive so just google around some of the best recommendations for your area, in terms of Copper and water this is from Sadhguru and a number of scientists about plastics and BPA which is proving to be quite dangerous. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/221205.php

https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en/wisdom/article/treat-yourself-to-a-copper-detox

3) Gym and Cardio routine- Doesn't have to be extreme, can be as simple as a 3 Day Weight training programme and a daily walk. Gradually build it up and don't kill yourself on day 1. Most important thing is to enjoy it, if you don't enjoy the Gym for example, don't go, find something else. Personally I play Sport, Follow a Kinobody 3 Day Gym routine and then go swimming most days as I got quite unfit since leaving school as my exercise level dropped drastically. 

Or pick up a sport if you have one you love, whatever will help you stick to exercise, we're made to move, yet most of us sit 16 hours a day and then sleep 8, and as a result become incredibly unfit!

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/which-cardio-methods-melt-fat-the-fastest.html

https://kinobody.com/pages/programs?gclid=Cj0KCQiAgKzwBRCjARIsABBbFugUpCMGqipWg2lL59uNH4S988tOqUCEsPt3ivHNMgZ87DTgOv2VmZUaAhHWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

4) Sauna and Steam Room- This is a new one for me, after first trying to sauna on a spa break with my Gf in November, I'm now hooked. Dr Rhonda Patrick has some great articles showing the benefits of the Sauna, and LOTS more is being done on it, the Finnish have been pushing this for years. 

Even more than that, it's incredible for relaxation and meditation, if you have a local leisure centre or gym, they should have some facilities like this. 

The big headline that caught me was Men using it 4-7 times a week (20 Mins+ each time) reduced all mortality by like 40%, of course it's one study, but still exciting results. 

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/topics/sauna

5) Intermittent Fasting- If you need to lose weight do this, eat only in an 8-hour window just 2-3 meals and then fast for 16 hours (including sleep of course) and losing weight becomes easy. It's difficult for a couple days, then becomes easy not eating for a few hours after you wake up. I'd also suggest giving yourself 3 hours after your last meal and sleeping, especially if you eat meat, as you want your digestive system to not be working 24/7 and while sleeping. 

There's lots of forms of fasting, but I haven't done many others so can't comment personally. 

I'd also suggest cutting out snacking, just have them with your meal, give your digestive system a rest!

https://jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting

https://isha.sadhguru.org/us/en/wisdom/article/how-to-eat-properly

Hope these tips help you guys and please comment below your tips as I'm always looking to optimize and improve my health further and further in 2020 and beyond. 

Happy new year guys!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4

Really great informations, it requires a lot of studying to simplify the knowledge to the tips that you presented in this topic, but these are actually like on point things to do, I have to 100% admit with you here. I studied tons of materials and I will follow the same things in 2020. 

One thing I would add to the list, that I'm doing myself are breathing exercises - Wim Hof breathing every morning and cold showers. Tons of health benefits from these two as well. 

Happy new year!

@28 cm unbuffed  Forgot cold showers! 

They're awesome, been doing them for 2-3 years every morning, certainly wakes you up like nothing else, although not sure they are the miracle pill many people make them out to be. 

I gave up on Wim Hof's breathing method, is it worth pursuing?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4

About cold showers - I'm doing hot shower to cold shower thing every morning, that has some kind of "alchemical" benefits for your body as I read somewhere.

Wim Hof breathing is great, balancing your breathing helps you balance your hormones / emotions / energy in a great way, 

Ps. right now, also, when I feel stressed, exhausted after a hard day I do hot baths in the evening - same kind of benefits for your body as sauna - releases a lot of tension, highly recommend that routine.

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

@28 cm unbuffed yeah post Sauna I’ll have a cold shower as there’s no plunge at my gym, I’ve heard Ben Greenfield talk about hot/cold mix as optimum, so it is probably better! 

And, awesome I’ll probably restart it then, how many rounds do you do?

2 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@LfcCharlie4

About cold showers - I'm doing hot shower to cold shower thing every morning, that has some kind of "alchemical" benefits for your body as I read somewhere.

Wim Hof breathing is great, balancing your breathing helps you balance your hormones / emotions / energy in a great way, 

Ps. right now, also, when I feel stressed, exhausted after a hard day I do hot baths in the evening - same kind of benefits for your body as sauna - releases a lot of tension, highly recommend that routine.

The cold thermogenesis of cold showers increases blood circulation, stimulates the vagus nerve, improves your testosterone, mitochondrial health, immune system, ect. Adding in the hot/cold contrast is also great for muscle recovery and feels amazing. 

Its really good to take full deep breaths under the cold to train your nervous system to adapt better to stress. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Food Hygiene is another good and overlooked tip to add.

Chew your food slowly and mindfully to improve digestion and nutrient absorption. This takes excess stress of your gut, and prevents you from excess portion sizes. Try to have it liquify in your mouth before it goes down. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise bro you’re a legend.

Sadhguru says something about this in the Yogic tradition, supposedly they take 24 bites I’m not quite sure how, but defo something I need to improve as I used to eat stupidly fast. 

33 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise bro you’re a legend.

Sadhguru says something about this in the Yogic tradition, supposedly they take 24 bites I’m not quite sure how, but defo something I need to improve as I used to eat stupidly fast. 

I really started taking food hygiene seriously when I took this advice from this ex fitness competitor Marcus Filly about how important HOW you eat your food is compared to a lesser degree what you eat (which is obviously very important but the significance of the differential between these two concepts is a lot closer than people think)

This is an amazing podcast for training and nutrition and this episode covers this topic: 

@TrynaBeTurquoise awesome I’ll check it out later tonight.

could you summarise what he says roughly for others who may not watch it?

22 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

2) Filter your water and drink out of a copper bottle/ cup- Obvious why to filter your water, can be expensive so just google around some of the best recommendations for your area, in terms of Copper and water this is from Sadhguru and a number of scientists about plastics and BPA which is proving to be quite dangerous. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/221205.php

https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en/wisdom/article/treat-yourself-to-a-copper-detox

Do you filter or distill your water?

Happy new year ;) 

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

8 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise awesome I’ll check it out later tonight.

could you summarise what he says roughly for others who may not watch it?

Counting macros and worrying about quantity is not nearly as important (can be useful sometimes) as eating quality foods and eating them slowly and mindfully. The latter is the base of the pyramid so to speak. The macros/quantity comes after. 

Yes good stuff here! ?

here’s a short video on the power of the breath: “the more you breathe the less you need” 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows Do you follow any of the stuff she does? I am not sure I could live like that, but it sounds interesting. I do try to remember to be more conscious of my breath more often though. 

@DrewNows That's fair enough I watched some of her other stuff. Do you practice breathing and eating similar to her? I had seen you post something one time about trying a fruit diet for a retreat or something.