LfcCharlie4

5 Simple Tips to Supercharge Health in 2020

34 posts in this topic

@Average Investor yes I’ll do mindful diaphragm breathing and body movement workouts centered around the breath. I’m currently not in detox mode but I’ll be jumping back to that this year as I’m striving for optimal health. I’m not a liquidarian or breatharian but I’d like to be, so empowering to let go of the attachment, plus loads of benefits of high functioning/productivity/clarity 

@DrewNows That sounds pretty cool. I just do a vegan diet with no sugar, wheat, processed foods, etc. Maybe on a rare occasion eat something a little off track from that, but almost always consistent. I was probably going to completely remove any oil from my diet too. I like it quite a bit for what I do. I do a lot of physical activity. I would like to try to be more conscious during daily activity and I think breathing would help a lot with that. I struggle with breathing with more upper body type work outs. Running it is not an issue though. What kind of breathing exercises do you do? 

@Average Investor I feel like the less you eat the more mindful breathing you’d choose to do. I don’t do any specific breathing routines outside of body movement workouts and warmup routines. Deep belly breathes/engaging the core is amazing (basically meditation), anytime I’m looking to center myself I’ll do it, doesn’t matter where I’m at or what I’m doing

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows Yeah, it does really feel awesome! I have been doing 16-18 hour fasts now everyday too and I seem to like it. I feel pretty good even jogging without eating yet. Makes the first meal much more desirable. I drink more water though if I feel hungry close to the end time of it. 

@Average Investor Intermittent Fasting is fucking awesome, especially if you want to lose weight, not sure why the norm is to eat 3-6 meals a day (bodybuilders) but IF just simplifies eating so much.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@28 cm unbuffed  I currently eat 2 as I'm 'cutting' but when I'm trying to build muscle and put on weight again I'll go up to 3, but without any snacks, or snacks with the meals, and will stick to 16:8 probably. I think as we get older 30-40+ 2 meals a day is sufficient, of course make sure the meals contain everything you need nutritionally, but this way you aren't constantly stressing your digestive system, so effectively the body can regenerate. 

And, yeah I have, I've heard it can be awesome, just isn't for me right now, have you tried it?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I really like it so far. I just get pretty hungry right before it is time to eat haha. I let myself have the extra two hours if my schedule gets messed up. 

@kellyon Smoking especially, I also picked up blue light glasses as I work on my laptop up to 12 hrs a day. 

@herghly care to Elaborate? 

I am getting deezed. Mucking 5x5 strength training sessions. I do HITT (high intensity interval training) and skipping. I fast and do keto. Come spring, I am going full blown super sayain mode. Switching from strength training to calis (dips, muscle ups, pull ups, bar work, levers, kettlebells,  gymnastic rings). There's nothing like outdoor workouts and vitamin d. I can't wait. 

@Deezeetho Cool man, 5x5 is awesome, outdoor workouts are defo something to implement into anyone's routine, not a Keto fan myself but know it has worked for many  :)