Flowerfaeiry

Create Without Apologies

19 posts in this topic

During a beautiful two gram mushroom trip last night I felt called to draw. I'm not a big visual artist, but in the last few preceding days have felt called to put writing utensil to paper and just create. The mushrooms intensified this experience and I sat for some time drawing and just followed the call. I noticed judgement continually creep in telling me all sorts of things to stop, that I'm not good, it's not worth it, I don't know what I'm doing, that my creation is stupid. 

But I didn't give in, and continually sent myself love and just drew. During this time God kept telling me to: create without apologies. It doesn't need to be perfect, it doesn't need to be just right, I don't need to be "perfectly aligned" to make art and that the creation itself is just so important. 

I love this lesson so much. In this age when we have so much information and entertainment at our fingertips it becomes so easy to just consume, consume consume, endless amounts of content. 

Creation doesn't have to be perfect, it doesn't have to feel like it aligns with your soul or is your life purpose. Sometimes its important to just create, create without apologies. 

"You Create Magic" 

I can relate so hard. ❤

Creation is Expression. Create and Develop, Grow the Spirit 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@Angelite I was going to, thank you for the reminder: )  it contains words that relate to some of my strengths, such as appreciating beauty, creativity and curiosity. 

20191222_195049.jpg

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry ?

When it comes to visual art, I am very constrained. Free flow drawing is hard for me. My drawings are very detailed. And planned. 

4 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

@Angelite I was going to, thank you for the reminder: )  it contains words that relate to some of my strengths, such as appreciating beauty, creativity and curiosity. 

20191222_195049.jpg

@Flowerfaeiry I love that! ?

@Nahm thank you for your comment and for reading ♥️ @Angelite ? Maybe you will let yourself try it sometime 

"You Create Magic" 

Doing something badly, is better than doing nothing at all. Procrastination is a bitch and at the end of it all a half-assed attempt that takes moments to do, is better than something you never did or took too long to do. A start is a start. 

Even then, when you give yourself permission to do something badly, creativity is unstifled, so the work is likely better than your cynic mind expected.

Wonderful that you got this insight. 

On 12/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, Flowerfaeiry said:

Create without apologies. It doesn't need to be perfect, it doesn't need to be just right, I don't need to be "perfectly aligned" to make art and that the creation itself is just so important. 

Creation doesn't have to be perfect, it doesn't have to feel like it aligns with your soul. Sometimes its important to just create, create without apologies. 

This is like the opposite of my approach. I am into composition & details. In every arts or design process. (In other area too). Prior to this I am not good at free flow drawing. But i've tried some.

Edited by Angelite

No. I simply need more time & planning. The flow will appear later.

Regardless of my personal experience, 

you've learned your lesson.

Edited by Angelite

I love this.  I believe it with my whole heart but also needed the reminder. Thank you. :x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost