Matt23

3 grams mushroom: barely anything...

18 posts in this topic

I just did 3 grams of mushrooms and barely had any effects.  I've also been microdosing. 

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be going on?

Could the shrooms be defective?

Could the microdosing be effecting my sensitivity?  

Any other ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks for any advice.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

13 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

I've also been microdosing

^^

Have you done 3g before? With this strain? Do you have a natural high tolerance?

Microdosing can certainly have a tolerance effect. Many people are actually minidosing and thinking they are microdosing. What is your micro dose? 

I've not done psychedelics, but some medications can block the effects of psychedelics (antidepressants, antipsychotics, etc) so would require larger dosing, but if you microdose and feel effects, then I guess that's not the problem?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I've been doing microdosing once every 3 days.  Golden Teachers (from a shrooms kit).  Dosage, I usually eyeball something around 0.10 grams.  Microdosed the day before.  I've also been taking iodine, but have stopped for at least a couple weeks now, probably more like 3/4 weeks.  Vitamin D and B12 daily.  

I took 2 grams a few weeks ago with similar little effects.

I've done shrooms years back and had a terrible trip, then also some no effect trips.  Weed brownies make me trip wayyy more than shrooms.  I had a nickle sized piece of weed chocolate the other night and tripped way more on that than the 3grams of shrooms.   LSD I also feel more effects.  I've done ayahuasca, peyote, and iboga once each.  Iboga, then peyote, then ayahuasca for effect size.  

Also, holotropic breathwork seems to even get me more high than what i got on the shrooms today.  

Mind all these different substance/techniques produce different effects so me saying "effect size" is a very general, yet I think relatively accurate, description.  

Also, a thought occurred to me of perhaps being with others may increase or alter the effects.  Any input on this last comment?

Has anyone experimented with tea or other ways of ingesting shrooms?  Differences?

2 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

Also, a thought occurred to me of perhaps being with others may increase or alter the effects.  Any input on this last comment?

this could impact limitations/freedom to express, and or, your intentions. It's not about the tool but how you work with it....imo :D

There are personally grown shrooms? Its possible they could be extremely old and lost their potency if obtained from some unknown source.

Other than that, did you eat on an empty stomach?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

If you aren’t on ssris, it sounds like you may have a naturally high tolerance. A 0.1g MD the day before would generally have a slight tolerance effect. Perhaps 20% (3g is effectively 2.5g).

I’m super sensitive too psychedelics now. I can’t imagine investing these amounts with no effect.

No I bought them.  I'm gunna ask her how old they are and if others are having effect issues.

Right in the morning.  So fairly empty yea.

I think I'm quite a 'group' and community person so yea, that aspect could be influencing it.

Hm hm hm... well, I'm gunna see what brewing them in tea is like for next time.  

@Serotoninluv  so did your tolerance diminish as you used them more?  

Thanks for your inputs!  

No ssris 

@Matt23 I started off with about average sensitivity, then became more sensitive. These days, 75ug of LSD would likely send me into a nondual reality like 150ug used to.

45 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

Has anyone experimented with tea or other ways of ingesting shrooms?  Differences?

I've taken Syrian Rue with approximately 0.5 grams of shrooms, and the potency caused an infinite ego death loop. Can't say for sure but syrian rue probably multiplied the trip by 3.

Instead of microdosing, why don't you take shrooms every 2 weeks (to wear off the tolerance) and take something like 13 grams? Then you're bound not to fail even if you are a heavy weight.

I guess I heard doing microdosing like this helps neurogenesis (growing neurons) and can help in other ways, which I think it has for me.  But a couple weeks off might be worth the experiment.  Yea, 13 grams definitely scares me haha but might be something worth working up to.

What's Syrian rue?

Yeah the tolerance is a real downer. Because of that shrooms are not that good for microdosing. Something like DMT or a non tolerance building psychedelic may be better for it. Kriya yoga doesn't develop a tolerance, and it may be interesting to try kriya yoga daily and shrooms every week (or 2 depending on tolerance).

Some portion of psilocybin  gets broken down and excreted in your body due to premature digestion, meaning not all of the psychedelic gets to your brain. Syrian Rue allegedly prevents break down, ensuring a larger portion of the chemical gets to the brain and not excreted. While this is scientifically what happens, in real life things don't quite work this way. Not only does the experience get more intense, but the experience changes from a regular shroom trip. 

Edited by electroBeam

Yea, even the little Kriya I've done as produced more effect than the shrooms.  

Hm, I have been having a grumbly tummy lately and poor sleep ( I think anxiety related).  Have you tried Syrian Rue?  How is the experience different?

DMT does sound like what I'm looking for.  Just a glimpse to see what this whole spiritual journey is about.