Eu Sint

The Silence

14 posts in this topic

We cannot be seated in consciousness and we cannot free ourselves from the apparent reality unless we dont know how to listen the silence. People practice the fasting, but without the fasting of the mind (abstaining from external and internal speech) no results are released from the mind cage. In the center of your being you have the answer: you know who you are and you know what you want but there you come not through a mind-filling technique, which anchors you in the mind, but through emptying, through silence, through awareness.Silence is the Ultimate Reality, the ground reality, which supports everything that exists, the screen where thoughts, images, music are projected ...To admire is to remain without thoughts, without words, without voice, that is to say, to be silent. Only when we are silent can we be attentive, aware, we can meditate, move beyond thoughts and reach true knowledge.

“In order to understand the importance of silence, we must understand what happens when we speak and use language. Language deceives us [substitutes Reality and keeps us captive in a reality of illusion]: when we speak, we no longer perceive, so seeing the difference between language and Reality, we blindly take the image constructed through the concepts conveyed by language as an expression adequate of Reality. What we hear are words and sounds ... to their misfortune people imagine that these words and sounds ,they can grasp the reality of things, which is a mistake. But they do not realize this, because when I perceive, I do not speak, and when I speak, I do not perceive "(Chuang-Tzu)

“Few things under heaven are as instructive as the lessons of Silence. Or as beneficial as the fruits of Wu Wei(Non -Action). “( Lao Tzu)

"Silence is a fence around wisdom” (german saying)

“To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders". (Lao Tzu )

“Nothing in all creation is so like God as silence." ( Meister Eckhart)

Your inner-most sense of self, of who you are,is inseparable from stillness. This is the “I Am “that is deeper than name and form.”(Eckhart Tolle)

“ Without silence there would be no language or music. Without silence there would be no definition to our words, no rhythm to our music, no rest. Silence is the very ingredient that makes our life make sense.”(Thomas Carlyle)

“Silence is the ocean from which all that is born . Each word is born of silence and then vanish again in silence, like waves in an ocean "(Mirahorian)

“Silence is gold. Speech is silver"(universal saying)

Without silence, there is no access to the state of the conscious presence ,which the Buddha said ,that is the path which leads to awakening, liberation , self-love and immortality.

8 minutes ago, Eu Sint said:

Only when we are silent can we be attentive, aware, we can meditate, move beyond thoughts and reach true knowledge.

10 minutes ago, Eu Sint said:

Your inner-most sense of self, of who you are,is inseparable from stillness. This is the “I Am “that is deeper than name and form.”(Eckhart Tolle)

When the self is silent the One is being. Being the true self, the silent formless nothing. I can recall this weeks insight into my wife. I watched her eyes and saw, the what at the moment shot up in my mind - "the puppet master". The puppet master has no attributes, but it controls the being. It is God and the Devil at the same time.

Mahadev

Such a key point, just be aware not t demonize thoughts. 

Investigate and question thoughts, arrive at the silence, rest in the absolute and once awareness becomes the base of your experience thoughts are no longer a problem as there's no sticky 'me' at the center, then the mind is simply used as the tool it is, and you're no longer a slave- which is of course fucking amazing. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 06.12.2019 at 3:16 PM, LfcCharlie4 said:

Such a key point, just be aware not t demonize thoughts. 

Investigate and question thoughts, arrive at the silence, rest in the absolute and once awareness becomes the base of your experience thoughts are no longer a problem as there's no sticky 'me' at the center, then the mind is simply used as the tool it is, and you're no longer a slave- which is of course fucking amazing. 

I dont know where did you get that ,“be aware not t demonize thoughts.” The simply reason was this:

“ Q:   You sometimes say the Self  is silence. Why is this?

A: For those who live in Self as the beauty devoid of thought, there is nothing which should be thought of. That which should be adhered to is only the experience  of silence, because in that supreme state nothing exists to  be attained other than oneself. “( Ramana Maharishi-Be as you are ).

@Eu Sint You'll have no mind and do not need thoughts to function, you could go days without thoughts. 

However, Ramana's situation will be different to yours, remember he lived in a diaper in India, if you have a 'thinking' job or need to plan something you will want to use thoughts as a tool. There is nothing wrong with that, as once the mind and I-thought has dissolved, thoughts are no longer a problem for you and nothing exists except the Self. 

Thoughts are still The Self, as ALL is the Self as are thoughts. 

The Self/ Awarenes/ The silence is forever clear of thoughts and always will be, however thoughts will still rise when they are needed. 

I LOVEE Ramana and his teaching, but context is very important, he lived in the East in a diaper, we live in the West in the modern world, unless you plan on becoming a monk you will find yourself thinking when necessary, but as I said it's so different than before, my thoughts no longer bother me, and like a tool are put down when not needed, the silence is ALWAYS there even when thinking though. 

It's a great paradox, a fun one too. 

Have an awesome day :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I agree with what you say, but the reason for posting was that others may become aware of this silent peace, and why not, it may have a glimpse. The reason was not to “demonize thoughts”, but to pay closer attention to this quietness as a substrate. In my opinion I think it is better to stand focus to the topic of postings and make additions that will help others, not to divert the post in another direction. If we can't do that then ,The Silence is gold. .Because it is not necessary to respond and leave a comment to each post.
An extraordinary day to you.❤️

@Eu Sint Sorry for misunderstanding, I just know it's something I really struggled with thinking I now wasn't allowed to think lol. 

But, yes Silence is always and will be forever the greatest teaching, nothing can match the transmission of presence from a great master such as Ramana. If only he was still alive today, at least his teachings live on, one of the greatest masters of the last 100 years, if not the. 

Love :) 

On the grandest scale words are just as complete as silence. Even half of a word is complete because everything is infinite.

It's just the interpreter that doesn't see it so. 

Everything in THIS is perfection!!

The incorrect belief that it is not is all that requires correction ❤

I understood what you meant though Beautiful ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

19 hours ago, Nahm said:

I’ll add, every sound revealed is known to be the unchanging silence. 

AUM ?❤️?