TRUTHWITHCAPITALT

Audiobooks are better than Books

14 posts in this topic

I love listening to Audiobooks. It is awesome we are living in a time where almost all books are having an audio version.

Listening to the author adds an extra level of attachment and better retention which you would not get from reading a paperback book.

My only advice is to also have the ebook version to highlight key paragraphs and points.

Also I find https://www.sumnotes.net/ a great tool to summarize my annotated notes.

I have attached an article where audiobook myths are debunked!

https://thriveglobal.com/stories/why-are-audiobooks-better-than-books/

Do you guys agree with that?

@TRUTHWITHCAPITALT agreed....its the only way i read books these days  - but that is mostly due to convenience..not all books are available on audio so sometimes you will need a hard copy.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think for learning languages , Scribd is probably ace, at £9.99 a month. Audible has a better selection of books, and if you get the 24 credit book plan it works out at £4.60 a credit. Not keen on there being no folder system for audible. Better an audio-book habit, than a gaming one.

If you're reading for depth -- which you should be -- nothing beats a paperback.

But audios are good for when you're multitasking.

And some of the most important books are not available in audio at all. Would be a shame to miss those out of laziness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Comes down to cost and convenience, could always buy the book in hard copy later. Unless you're a speed reader from early on, no contest really.

I am always listening to some audiobook or something when doing minor tasks but reading with laser focus is always the best for profound insights, it engages all my being into one line at a time and i like to go back and repeat lines i find important and contemplate them. 

I don't really do any audiobooks, but my pace of reading the books is not super faster either. Usually finish a larger book every few months. I probably should invest into auido book service though. 

Edited by Average Investor

@Leo Gura  I hear you.  You are right some important books are not available through audio. 

But for people who struggled with forming reading habit  it is a good way to start. There are more than enough audiobook to advance personal development.

@Average Investor  If you think you are not superfast with book, for sure try audiobooks.  They will let you cover more ground.  Once you form the habit you won't stop.

there are plenty of free options on youtube. 

Public libraries also have free access to overdrive and RB digital media where you get most of the important books.

Librivox is also good option. It is a  is a group of worldwide volunteers who read and record public domain texts creating free public domain audiobooks for download.

44 minutes ago, TRUTHWITHCAPITALT said:

There are more than enough audiobook to advance personal development.

Yeah there are enough to last a long time...?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@TRUTHWITHCAPITALT I was thinking of paying for a service for it, but it just depends I suppose. I usually have enough good content on youtube to keep me busy audio wise. I will see what is out there though. I usually just don't prioritize the reading the book enough. It depends though sometimes I just read a few hours a day. I feel like if I read it I get the most value from it. 

Audiobooks are great for biking, running or mindless physical work.

I love hearing the voice of the author.

And reading a physical copy while listening to audiobook at the same time is a cool way of consuming books. It helps to achieve superior focus. Yet, I use it only on pop-science books or biographies as heavier lectures like the ones about non-duality require frequent stopping and contemplation.

For me, reading books in paper form is closer to me, if necessary, I make notes on a paper bookmark and can return to the bookmarks after the final reading. I like to summarize the material I have read and use the literature review assistance to get the perfect review.

Audiobooks are amazing! I find it easier to take notes with audiobooks. I open a text edit on my computer while I listen and that way I can quickly write down what jumps out to me.

Sailing on the ceiling