VeganAwake

The Illusion Of Duality!! I see a lot of confusion about duality ❤

44 posts in this topic

@VeganAwake If you say nonduality is true and duality is illusion or false, you've just made another duality. 

I think that's why people like to say that nonduality includes duality, it's a "yes" to everything, so everything is as true as it is false. Inclusion is more true than exclusion because exclusion is duality and inclusion is not. Which is why it's described that way. I just watched The Little Mermaid and in that moment and now recalling I am just as much Ariel, Ursula, and Flounder as I am Mandy. I am nothing but consciousness yet also including everything within consciousness. 

The illusion is beautiful, it creates a whole new world of possibilities through creating choice and limitation. It cannot be enjoyed properly without the knowledge of oneness and yet, that's what we came here for. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I haven’t read the thread but just from your post I can tell you it goes deeper than realising duality doesn’t exist. In fact eventually you’ll stop seeing duality as a problem and realize this ugly dual world as it is is completely perfect, and this truly is it. 

A french teacher was quoted saying everything has “infinite precious value” and that completely resonates with my experience as I go through this stage of awakening.

The self is beyond duality and beyond non duality, beyond spirituality and materially, all of these are concepts that eventually must be thrown in the fire. 

When you see this duality is no longer subtly rejected as it is even for enlightened teachers. 

Duality is embraced and you are finally completely free to live life as you truly desire, whether that’s going to start the business of your dreams with your family, or going to live in an ashram forever, you are finally free. 

To me, life only truly begins at full self realisation. 

It goes full circle, non-duality is the medicine for duality but when you are no longer sick (and self realised) you no longer need the medicine and you embrace this world As it is right now.

but of course, it’s very different to pre enlightenment duality, yet it’s the very same world.

what a paradox.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Raptorsin7  to make it easy anything that causes pain and suffering is undoubtably the mind-body.

Anything that causes happiness peace and joy is conscious awareness or Oneness...

You're doing the right thing just continue staying present in conscious space with your attention as the eyeballs of conscious awareness. The more you practice the more you will be able to stay in this Oneness state... aha moments can happen but they can slowly happen as well if that makes sense.

There is nothing other than THIS.

You are IT.

You are Enlightenment itself.

PS ..don't try to kill the ego you can't..simply see it for what it is and it will sit down with its nose in the corner by itself.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Ok, so keep attention on the eyes during meditation? I've been noticing certain patterns of attention really aggravate the sensation of the third eye and cause the massaging sensation to increase, it feels pretty good. I'm pretty sure this has been happening when awareness rests on the sensation of me looking out at the world through my eyes.

So i'm on the right track, no need to make any major changes to my meditation routine?

Also, can you recognize how close I am to awakening through my description of meditation?

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@VeganAwake Ok, so keep attention on the eyes during meditation? I've been noticing certain patterns of attention really aggravate the sensation of the third eye and cause the massaging sensation to increase, it feels pretty good. I'm pretty sure this has been happening when awareness rests on the sensation of me looking out at the world through my eyes.

So i'm on the right track, no need to make any major changes to my meditation routine?

Also, can you recognize how close I am to awakening through my description of meditation?

Sorry I did not mean to focus on the eyes during meditation.

When I meditate I just listen to the breath, allow my thoughts to arise, simply notice them and let them fall away. 

I've also had that pressure feeling in the third eye that is normal.

I would not be concerned about your progress of realization.

Continue meditating and staying in the present moment as conscious awareness within the conscious space of Oneness.

When you do a 180 and turn within ask yourself who am I over and over again and see what comes up...

Try to find where this sense of self resides within the body...

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

@VeganAwake If you say nonduality is true and duality is illusion or false, you've just made another duality. 

I think that's why people like to say that nonduality includes duality, it's a "yes" to everything, so everything is as true as it is false. Inclusion is more true than exclusion because exclusion is duality and inclusion is not. Which is why it's described that way. I just watched The Little Mermaid and in that moment and now recalling I am just as much Ariel, Ursula, and Flounder as I am Mandy. I am nothing but consciousness yet also including everything within consciousness. 

The illusion is beautiful, it creates a whole new world of possibilities through creating choice and limitation. It cannot be enjoyed properly without the knowledge of oneness and yet, that's what we came here for. 

Let's try to think about this as simply as possible.

If you are looking at the ocean from a satellite image and you counted eight million waves in the ocean you would not say wow look at these eight million individual waves apart from the ocean. 

You would understand that from a certain perspective they seem separate but they're really just the ocean, they always were the ocean, they never were separate.

The separation never occurred  it was just an illusion ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I haven’t read the thread but just from your post I can tell you it goes deeper than realising duality doesn’t exist. In fact eventually you’ll stop seeing duality as a problem and realize this ugly dual world as it is is completely perfect, and this truly is it. 

A french teacher was quoted saying everything has “infinite precious value” and that completely resonates with my experience as I go through this stage of awakening.

The self is beyond duality and beyond non duality, beyond spirituality and materially, all of these are concepts that eventually must be thrown in the fire. 

When you see this duality is no longer subtly rejected as it is even for enlightened teachers. 

Duality is embraced and you are finally completely free to live life as you truly desire, whether that’s going to start the business of your dreams with your family, or going to live in an ashram forever, you are finally free. 

To me, life only truly begins at full self realisation. 

It goes full circle, non-duality is the medicine for duality but when you are no longer sick (and self realised) you no longer need the medicine and you embrace this world As it is right now.

but of course, it’s very different to pre enlightenment duality, yet it’s the very same world.

what a paradox.

Hey bro ❤...I completely understand what you're saying about going full circle... I love it.

What I don't understand is how could one forget that Duality is an illusion.

For example I wouldn't forget that the appearance of the 10 million separate waves in the ocean are not still just the whole ocean appearing as many waves.

Now I can temporarily play the unconscious game and pretend like I forgot everything was me but that would probably just last for a short period of time.

In fact this game is called the Divine game of Lila.

I play this game every now and then and dive back into pretending like I am unconscious... but like I said it doesn't last long although it is quite fun sometimes stirring up a Ruckus just for the heck of it..

I hope I didn't sound disrespectful I'm just trying to understand your point of view it kind of sounds like its just the different way that we perceive things.❤..

When we are Awake we are no longer identified with The Masks we wear ...Our Consciousness shines through them.

I couldn't put these masks back on and forget that they were an illusion if you know what I mean ❤.

Edited by VeganAwake

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Hey bro ❤...I completely understand what you're saying about going full circle... I love it.

What I don't understand is how could one forget that Duality is an illusion.

For example I wouldn't forget that the appearance of the 10 million separate waves in the ocean are not still just the whole ocean appearing as many waves.

Now I can temporarily play the unconscious game and pretend like I forgot everything was me but that would probably just last for a short period of time.

In fact this game is called the Divine game of Lila.

I play this game every now and then and dive back into pretending like I am unconscious... but like I said it doesn't last long although it is quite fun sometimes stirring up a Ruckus just for the heck of it..

I hope I didn't sound disrespectful I'm just trying to understand your point of view it kind of sounds like its just the different way that we perceive things.❤..

When we are Awake we are no longer identified with The Masks we wear ...Our Consciousness shines through them.

I couldn't put these masks back on and forget that they were an illusion if you know what I mean ❤.

On second thought I take that back maybe I could what a trip...?

1 minute ago, VeganAwake said:

On second thought I take that back maybe I could what a trip...?

WTF mate I think I got it....this is a trip bro it is a full circle... it's like you just relax back into it and stop the seeking and resistance.

2 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

WTF mate I think I got it....this is a trip bro it is a full circle... it's like you just relax back into it and stop the seeking and resistance.

You are a true Master my friend ❤ wow LOL...? Thank you!!

Edited by VeganAwake

Pseudo Guru regurgitation I'm sure if Leo came out with a video about how the after life consists of nothing but cupcake sprinkles and then gives a terrible analogy about it there would probably be a bandwagon of pseudo grules giving out advice based on their "personal experience" they never had.

27 minutes ago, MAYA EL said:

Pseudo Guru regurgitation I'm sure if Leo came out with a video about how the after life consists of nothing but cupcake sprinkles and then gives a terrible analogy about it there would probably be a bandwagon of pseudo grules giving out advice based on their "personal experience" they never had.

Well my man there is no need to reinvent the wheel there are great Masters Among Us and those that came before us to help guide us.

The only real question to ask is have you realized the sufferer is not real.

Once the sufferer is realized to be a fictional character the suffering ends.

Has it ended for you?

8 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@WelcometoReality When thought arises and I become lost in thought, I can subtly bring myself back to present moment where I am no longer lost in thought. I can't really get to a point where I can just watch thoughts with ease as they come and go. Its usually me recognizing the thought story going once its gone on for a few seconds then i bring myself back.

Just continue with doing that. It'll get easier and easier.

8 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Of course you can but the mind is conditioned and reacts on autopilot..

That's a nice insight into the functioning of thought.

@VeganAwake yes exactly!!!!

and then when the seeking and resistance stop you can just embrace this as it is and you won’t even need to think about consciousness spirituality etc it’s all dropped and you just live! 

Once you’re fully stabilised in the absolute unless you’re actively talking about this on somewhere like here, or teaching etc, you will get on with life and do whatever you want.

after enlightenment chop wood and carry water ;) 

p.s. glad I could help you trip, you seem more and more awake every time I speak to you! This is it remember, it really can be that simple :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

You are creating a duality between duality and nonduality. That's still the mind at play.

There is absolutely no difference. There are no illusions. No tricks. There never were.

If duality is an illusion - so is oneness. So is God.

Only when there is no God - God is. Only when there is no notion of any distinction - peace is. Love is. Unity is. 

You are creating a separation by trying to expose the illusion of separation. 

I trust you had great insights. But your mind is unable to drop it and surrender to the now.

10 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Let's try to think about this as simply as possible.

If you are looking at the ocean from a satellite image and you counted eight million waves in the ocean you would not say wow look at these eight million individual waves apart from the ocean. 

You would understand that from a certain perspective they seem separate but they're really just the ocean, they always were the ocean, they never were separate.

The separation never occurred  it was just an illusion ❤

The waves on the ocean are a phenomenon created in oneness by the air (wind), the formation of the earth, the sunlight upon it (allowing it to be in water form and allowing you to see it), and of course the water itself. None of these things are separate from each other, each is happening within consciousness as you sit and simply appreciate the beauty of it all. It's magic, it's alchemy, and you are the alchemist, you are the creator and the creation. Your separateness and your limitation is freedom to be a human who can go hike up a cliff and watch the waves on the ocean. Of you can spend your life on the ocean as a fisherman. Or live and die somewhere inland and never see it. If you deny your separation, if you deny your wave like nature you also deny the perfection of the the One.

It is helpful to speak of it sometimes in that way especially to people who have always lived their life in threat of being a finite separate self. It is helpful to speak of "letting go". But at some point it is seen that because you are one, you never could have really denied or let go of anything. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@VeganAwake yes exactly!!!!

and then when the seeking and resistance stop you can just embrace this as it is and you won’t even need to think about consciousness spirituality etc it’s all dropped and you just live! 

Once you’re fully stabilised in the absolute unless you’re actively talking about this on somewhere like here, or teaching etc, you will get on with life and do whatever you want.

after enlightenment chop wood and carry water ;) 

p.s. glad I could help you trip, you seem more and more awake every time I speak to you! This is it remember, it really can be that simple :) 

Haha yeah there's no great aha moments here, my Enlightenment has been the turtle crossing the finish line with the cookie tied to his shell. By the time I get to eat the cookie it's dirty and Soggy... but I'm still grateful I guess it is still a cookie LOL...

I am still scheduled to talk to Fred Davis on Friday I will see what he has to say but yeah I totally understood what you were saying above and it hit me pretty quick. 

My enlightened friend is pretty much assuring me that I didn't get the full realization yet and that's why I'm still suffering sometimes. I completely believe him but at the same time my understanding quickly travels past the state that I am in, or about to reach and also saw the piece of ending or completing the search you describe..

I feel like my full peace and Tranquility/aha moment's/realizations are slowly crossing the Pacific Ocean in multiple waves. 

When they finally arrive I'm like oh about time what the hell were you waiting for... Haha.

I am having a slow boring vegan Enlightenment if you know what I mean

50 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

The waves on the ocean are a phenomenon created in oneness by the air (wind), the formation of the earth, the sunlight upon it (allowing it to be in water form and allowing you to see it), and of course the water itself. None of these things are separate from each other, each is happening within consciousness as you sit and simply appreciate the beauty of it all. It's magic, it's alchemy, and you are the alchemist, you are the creator and the creation. Your separateness and your limitation is freedom to be a human who can go hike up a cliff and watch the waves on the ocean. Of you can spend your life on the ocean as a fisherman. Or live and die somewhere inland and never see it. If you deny your separation, if you deny your wave like nature you also deny the perfection of the the One.

It is helpful to speak of it sometimes in that way especially to people who have always lived their life in threat of being a finite separate self. It is helpful to speak of "letting go". But at some point it is seen that because you are one, you never could have really denied or let go of anything. 

Wow that was so beautiful ❤ I want to give you a hug ?

One thing to realize is during human Evolution our egos function was to Keep Us Alive At All Cost... this evolutionary ego isn't real... and that is what is so trippy it just feels real and gives us the illusion of separation.. do you see how funny this is. It's not a mistake of the Divine it is simply an illusion that we are believing in...? 

But the problem is this survival mechanism(ego) went a little wild and overboard. This evolutionary ego mechanism took over and started claiming itself as a separate entity and causing pain and suffering.

I have to show you this video... plus the guy is pretty cute lol..

https://youtu.be/M_C5Cua9VL8

Edited by VeganAwake

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

You are creating a duality between duality and nonduality. That's still the mind at play.

There is absolutely no difference. There are no illusions. No tricks. There never were.

If duality is an illusion - so is oneness. So is God.

Only when there is no God - God is. Only when there is no notion of any distinction - peace is. Love is. Unity is. 

You are creating a separation by trying to expose the illusion of separation. 

I trust you had great insights. But your mind is unable to drop it and surrender to the now.

You cannot have separation between something that's imaginary and something that's real... the imagined duality can be taken right out of the picture and reality will still exist is that clear to you...

If you take The Mirage of the soda machine out of the desert there will be no impact... there will just be less things to confuse us...

Edited by VeganAwake