JKG

Finding Yellow Friends, A Yellow Job, Yellow Resources

25 posts in this topic

I think I have reached the stage yellow in the last couple of months.

I see how I am genuinely not interested in any of my school friends conversations. These are just monkey conversations about monkey stuff. Almost everybody around me is just like that. Everybody is blue or orange, while I am green and yellow.

I also think a lot about what I could do in my future. I want to help the world somehow, but all normal jobs are orange or green. I dont want to have a green job, because I can see how yellow stuff will influence the minds of the people in a much more positive way.

And I also want to find more yellow resources to learn.

So do you know how to find more green or yellow friends, or how I could build myself a yellow career / find a yellow job? And can you recommend some yellow resources, for example books or films?

Oo, you've reached Yellow? High 5! Good work :) Good for you

Could you describe what your perspective is, and how it changed from Green?

Thanks!

If you believe you have reached the yellow stage than try this. Explore that stage and I mean explore and learn everything there is to learn about it. It's okay if you have to go back to green, because I'm sure there are some juicy missing things from green that you just haven't touched yet or mastered. Remember, you cannot skip step or colors. When one has fully mastered each section they will know when to move up and how/where to find the necessary resources to learn about the new stage. 

At the second tier "friends" are no longer a desire or a need, more of a by-product/side effect...If you want a yellow career you will probably have to create it yourself :) or make one of those dreaded orange careers better by coloring it yellow

Move to China

harhar

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

14 hours ago, JustinS said:

If you believe you have reached the yellow stage than try this. Explore that stage and I mean explore and learn everything there is to learn about it. It's okay if you have to go back to green, because I'm sure there are some juicy missing things from green that you just haven't touched yet or mastered. Remember, you cannot skip step or colors. When one has fully mastered each section they will know when to move up and how/where to find the necessary resources to learn about the new stage. 

@JustinS Are you in Yellow? :)

19 hours ago, Vishal said:

Oo, you've reached Yellow? High 5! Good work :) Good for you

Could you describe what your perspective is, and how it changed from Green?

Thanks!

I see that my opinions are not the only and best ones. There is so much out there in the world, that I cannot possibly have all the right views onto the world.

I also see how there are all the other stages. I am fascinated by all the stuff you can do...

Everything in the world makes sense and I slowly judge the current systems of the world less and less.

5 hours ago, quantum said:

I see that my opinions are not the only and best ones. There is so much out there in the world, that I cannot possibly have all the right views onto the world.

I also see how there are all the other stages. I am fascinated by all the stuff you can do...

Everything in the world makes sense and I slowly judge the current systems of the world less and less.

@quantum Wow, lovely!

I'm fascinated by the spiral dynamics model and the idea of evolving your psychology in such a way.

Thanks for your perspective! I think I'm 70 - 80% Orange and 20 - 30% Green. Got any tips for transitioning more into Green and Yellow?

Edited by Vishal

Create an educational startup online and try to grow it. That's yellow stage on the surface. Your choice. Best of luck.

@quantum Yellow career is covered by the life purpose course.

Green or yellow friends you can find it university, meditation/consciousness retreats, seminars/workshops, etc. Yellow people tend to be intellectual.

Don't be afraid to start an Orange/Green job. You can convert it into Yellow with time. You're not likely to just start with a Yellow job. Yellow is something YOU gotta bring to the table. Don't expect others to bring it to you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Agreed.

Yellow/Green work tends to revolve around contribution, and I think Yellow particularly revolves around providing education.

Leo, have you yet progressed to Turquoise?

And how does one go about determining on being of such a level/color for onself?

@ArabiaNytes

Hi there, 

For anybody serious about this, here is the web-page to apply for Suzanne Cook-Greuter's  "MAP" Sentence Completion Test.  

It's very pricey, but it's in my opinion one of the best ways to assess where one currently is on their developmental journey.  2nd tier cognition is an incredibly complex stage of development, and cannot be understood from any of the 1st tier perspectives (hence the need for the test, in my opinion)  

http://www.cook-greuter.com/SCTi-MAPForm.htm

-Mal

@Mal@Mal

Thanks for sharing.

Well, for a $1000, I suppose it must be damn insightful. 

As a psych student, even I speculate over such assessments of abstract human characteristics.

Have you taken it, then?

@ArabiaNytes

You're welcome.  :)

28 minutes ago, ArabiaNytes said:

As a psych student, even I speculate over such assessments of abstract human characteristics.

I'm not sure I understand this sentence - you said you speculate over such assessments.  So I assume you have an opinion to share with us about your hypotheses?

I have not taking the test myself, yet!

I'm hoping the PDF will be waiting for me on Christmas morning 2016.

Oh wait, isn't that blue thinking?...

@Mal @Mal

While results based off such tests are founded upon the correlation typicallity rate of one compared to the average, it seems a bit far fetched to be defined by a mechanical method. It feels like taking an advanced horoscope reading. 

Haha, again, about the color thing. Is it simply based off the chakra chart? And how does one truly know where they fall on the color spectrum that defines their level of being?