Raptorsin7

How to Financial Independence

108 posts in this topic

@Nickyy I'm currently in law school, and I don't have that much free time where I can take multiple weeks off like that. I have 3 weeks off over christmas break, do you think it's possible to find a retreat center that would take me so last minute in north america?

@Raptorsin7 Maybe, you never know unless you start inquiring. Some people love to spend the holidays at retreat centres because they live alone and love the silence. I have made many friends at retreat centres and I know that there are cancellations all the time. 

How about the Easter break? 

Another way to do this is to spend a year travelling and working in as many different types of jobs you can. You may not necessarily get a feel for what you want to do, but you will get a feel for what you don't want to do. Then you can spend time in solitude really relaxing into nothingness and see what comes up. 

I hear you about the online business thing. 

26 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nickyy I'm not trying to be a multi millionaire, just enough money that I can fund my life style indefinitely then I can pursue my true purpose to my hearts content.

I seriously think you can be both. :)  Think of society in general. At the current state, society in general is at orange. Yes, your life purpose will be above orange. But, the hard question is, what can you do so that society can still relate to what you're doing, but you can still blend in profound stuff in it that expresses love and will take society to the next level? The stuff that society can relate to will be your foundation. That's what you will do to survive as well as help society.

@Key Elements So you think it's better to go all in on life purpose, rather than pursue financial freedom first? I feel like i can learn to make money through online business' like SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which will give me space to breathe and more freedom because these business can be managed and can generate income passively with little involvement once I put in the initial groundwork. My life purpose, whatever it is, will not generate money right away it's going to take time to actually figure out wtf I'm meant to do. Thoughts? What do you do for work or a living? 

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Key Elements So you think it's better to go all in on life purpose, rather than pursue financial freedom first? I feel like i can learn to make money through online business' like SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which will give me space to breathe and more freedom because these business can be managed and can generate income passively with little involvement once I put in the initial groundwork. My life purpose, whatever it is, will not generate money right away it's going to take time to actually figure out wtf I'm meant to do. Thoughts? What do you do for work or a living? 

I said in my post that a person would need to do both. Gandhi was a lawyer before he became Gandhi. If you want to do SEO, go for it. I'm saying that there is a way to incorporate life purpose and any profound wisdom that you've discovered along with what you do for money and survival.

@Raptorsin7 ok cool. I love life purpose topics, and love seeing ppl succeed in them. I'm learning a lot as I go through this journey. Life purpose is not just about posting profound video clips on YouTube or writing a book about your awakenings. It's about the combination of different/important aspects of life.

@Raptorsin7

Question:

Imagine you have visited your doctor and your doctor has given you three days to live.

What are you going to do with your time?

If the future was was taken away from you today, what would you do with that kind of freedom?

I feel more alive just thinking hypothetically about this ?

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nickyy I would do a bunch of DMT and LSD and get to the highest truth.

So THAT is your life purpose? 

That's what you need to do today to feel like you're living and will die complete?

No, I don't think so.

What's YOUR truth? Not a concept, but YOUR life purpose? 

@Nickyy I honestly don't really know. I'm more concerned about my own happiness and satisfaction right now. I want to find happiness and stop seeking, then I will decide on a life purpose once i'm free.

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Nickyy I honestly don't really know. I'm more concerned about my own happiness and satisfaction right now. I want to find happiness and stop seeking, then I will decide on a life purpose once i'm free.

LMAO

The question is what must you do today in order for you to feel like you die happy.

@Nickyy I don't know what i could do today that would make me happy if i died. There's an entire range of experiences i haven't even sampled yet, i'm not enlightened. 

Happiness isn't anywhere but right here, i just need to access it consistently. 

@Nickyy I don't know what i could do today that would make me happy if i died. There's an entire range of experiences i haven't even sampled yet, i'm not enlightened. 

LMAO...

Exactly.

If TIME was removed for you by your doctor today, what would your impulse be from living in the moment?

FEEL your death approaching. This hypothetical, but you actually have to imagine you're about to die 

What is the thing you need to do? 

That's your purpose.

Edited by Nickyy

@Raptorsin7 Your life purpose can only be discovered right at this moment with the removal of the illusion of time.

It's a LIVED experience

@Nickyy I'll think about it and get back to you. Right now nothing comes to mind.

Lol,

No, you don't have to tell me, you just have to live from that place...

You could potentially do anything you feel moved to do. It's completely open and even non verbal 

Edited by Nickyy

12 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Just an idea that popped up. . .

You say that happiness isn't anywhere but right here. Would you say that happiness is something that appears and disappears right here? Or is happiness always right here?  

@Serotoninluv I have no idea. I just know it can't be anywhere other than direct experience because that's all that ever exists. I've been happier in my life before but it's all been based on external events. I've never just sat and been happy for no reason. That's what i'm going for now.