Matt23

movie: Lucy --> radical open mindedness nootropic

7 posts in this topic

I just watched this movie since I saw Leo had posted it as an example on the Stage Turquoise Mega Thread.

Summary

If you're feeling stuck or closed-minded and struggling to feel a sense of wonder in life, I highly recommend watching this movie.  It helped me really open my mind to new possibilities.  Possibilities I've disregarded since childhood.  Possibilities that I've hid, which has probably severely restricted my motivation and passion for life and exploring and practicing.  I would suggest watching it after contemplating what you think you know and settling into a truthful awareness of not-knowing. 

1st Insight:  Analyze beliefs & worldviews = see you don't know = radical considerations/imaginations of what's possible

It really opened my mind.  It really got me out of my old and limited viewpoints as to what is possible and not.  It really helped me imagine what could be possible, like having God-like powers.  

I realized that, due to certainty in our own beliefs and opinions and in cultural norms, our imaginations get bogged down and restricted.  We succumb to the general consensus' views on what's real and possible, which is usually very limited.  

I realized that being able to use epistemology in observing and critically analyzing what you hold as possible or true and why you hold something to be true or possible or not is key to releasing people from their stuck and limited viewpoints since this makes you see that you really, truly, don't know.  

Therefore, not-knowing is the gateway to increased imagination and ability to think of new and extravagant possibilities.

Imagine being God and the powers and possibilities that would come from that...  

Imagine having unlimited powers...

Imagine what it would be like to be God, so much that you can feel what it's like.  Imagine like you did when you were a child.  Imagine so hard that it almost seems real.  Or, perhaps, maybe it can be real.

2nd insight:  quote "We never really die"  =  appreciating the significance

At one point in the movie, Lucy said "We never really die".  

After all the videos I've seen and books I've read on spirituality and being eternal, things I've agreed with and thought were possible and thought they came from reliable sources, the significance never really hit me until I heard Lucy say this.

If we never die, which is a possibility that many/most seemingly grounded, rational, and popular spiritual teachers out there claim is the case....  HOLY....  like, that's nucking futs...  that entirely changes everything... that creates heaven on earth... that makes everything amazing.... 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

You know what?  I am not into movies. But I happened to watch this with my cousin (which is a rare thing for me to watch a movie) years ago. And I thought this movie is great. ( though i do fall asleep at one point). But it's a good one. :D

I'm not into movies either but gonna try to watch this

@Serotoninluv Hah! I never put that together.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 I just watched it for the 3rd time right now, it's insane how accurate it is for a Hollywood movie. 

Amazing movie. Thanks for the recommendation. :x

Lucy is everywhere.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x