Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SerpaeTetra

Murder of Animals vs. Murder of Humans

15 posts in this topic

To try to be fair...someone could say "what is the difference of the murder of humans vs the murder of insects", and i probably wouldn't have a good answer. In my mind, that answer could be that it might be something the next several generations need to figure out after animal rights are restored.  

 

Survival, I understand to a degree.  Someone like Leo who eats animals for extra energy I also understand because he gives more back in worth to humanity than most others

Edited by SerpaeTetra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murder of human is a subcategory of murder of animal. Human is animal.

Edited by CreamCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Murder of human is a subcategory of murder of animal. Human is animal.

Yeah so true.  Was just thinking, what if there was a species half-way in between chimpanzee and humans.  Where would the cutoff be?  Like if you list had a chart with all species listed across, with a question of what is ok to eat or not to eat, what would the cutoff be?

 

                                                   Ok to murder/eat?  Yes or no and why?

Cow

Pig

Chicken

Dog

Cat

Chimpanzee

HumanChimp (fictitious)

Human

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, it's not ok to murder and eat conscious creatures. But, we tend to prefer beings that are similar to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SerpaeTetra said:

                                                Ok to murder/eat?  Yes or no and why?

Cow

Pig

Chicken

Dog

Cat

Chimpanzee

HumanChimp (fictitious)

Human

Let's say you're not okay with killing a dog, but okay with pigs being killed, this could be because:

-The pig is not a pet, it was "raised" with the purpose to be stock

-The pig does not have an emotional attachment 

-It doesn't break laws 

-It doesn't die painfully


   ^  ^
=(´ᴥ`)=
 ( )🎀( )    🎄🎄 Happy Holidays! 🎄🎄B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

What is the difference?  

Whatever you imagine it is.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tenta said:

Let's say you're not okay with killing a dog, but okay with pigs being killed, this could be because:

-The pig is not a pet, it was "raised" with the purpose to be stock

-The pig does not have an emotional attachment 

-It doesn't break laws 

-It doesn't die painfully

Not trying to pick on what you said, but many might have the same argument.  So just trying to go one-by-one....I don't know how this is relevant....Like what does "raised" with the purpose to be stock mean exactly.  Why does it matter if some human determines it is a pet or not?  I'm pretty sure the pig would want to be a pet if someone with that mentality owned him.

So if you had twin babies, and determined one boy would be the family jewel/lawyer, etc, and the other would the house cleaner, would that be ok to do that?

Edited by SerpaeTetra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Why does it matter if some human determines it is a pet or not? 

To the larger context it doesn't. An animal is animal and a pigs life is equal to dogs when you think about it logically.

But when you speak about the average human they have biases, and one of those biases is that pets>animals grown to be food. They dont have empathy for the farm animals life. Unless its your rent-horse, of course.


Mastery of emotion is achieved when one reads their self-help journal/plans 5 years from the past and does not feel like spooning their eyes out of cringe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 1:42 PM, Hansu said:

To the larger context it doesn't. An animal is animal and a pigs life is equal to dogs when you think about it logically.

But when you speak about the average human they have biases, and one of those biases is that pets>animals grown to be food. They dont have empathy for the farm animals life. Unless its your rent-horse, of course.

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Vick = Helps Set up dogfighting ring/some dogs die

Many other meat eaters="Put Vick in prison", Eat other animals with disregard of where their meat came from

Edited by SerpaeTetra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rats? bees? snakes? parasites?  don't be stupid - nature rules -  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salutations SerpaeTetra,

About "Murder of Animals vs. Murder of Humans":

On 11/17/2019 at 2:05 AM, SerpaeTetra said:

What is the difference?  

What really matters is to decide if it's worthy of an emancipated being.

 

Good day, have fun!!  B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0