LfcCharlie4

Leo's Level of Consciousness and Your Own LOC

208 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

This book is on Leo's book list and is one of my favorites and I work with Ramaji and Ananda so I'm quite biased due to how much they have helped me with the 1-1 sessions and RASA since February, genuinely feel like a different person now than I did then. I know a lot of you are skeptical about paying to work with a teacher, and spiritual transmissions in general, but all I'd say is if you have the money for it, do it. It'll do a lot more for you then just constantly spinning your wheels watching videos and reading books imo (They of course have their value!) 

Then I was a hardcore seeker, reading book after book and watching non-duality video after non-duality video (Mainly Rupert and Francis lucille lool) 

I imagine a lot of people here are in the late 500's, and aren't quite yet living in non-duality's early stages. 

The books is called '1000' and uses a 'Level of Consciousness' LOC map for 'enlightenment' and shows the different stages of awakening, and different stages of teachers. I read it about a year ago, and it opened up my eyes the difference between Sadhguru and Eckhart Tolle to give an example of 2 mainstream teachers. 

It will also help you realize where you're at and potentially find a teacher you resonate with, you DON'T have to listen to a teacher at 1000, not at all. I've attached phots that give a VERY brief  explanation of the stages in the map, but like any model it is just that a model and of course has it's limitations. 

My next question I've been wondering about is @Leo Gura's LOC, and Leo I know you've read the book, and if you have a rough idea where you at I'd love to know mate. 

Then in general I'd love for you guys to comment what you think your LOC is and why, anything over 640 means stabilised in Non-Duality, 590-640 is more like oscillating between non-duality and out of it, the biggest key is asking yourself 'Do I feel like the Doer.' It's also easy to overestimate yourself so be careful, however it's all guesswork unless you can properly do LOC's, but it could be a helpful tool to see the path, and where you are, as well as why you might be getting stuck. 

Examples of teachers and their LOC (from the updated 1000 book)

Eckhart Tolle 674 

Adyashanti 1000

Rupert Spira 1000

Sadhguru 1000

David Deida 683 

Mooji 763 (Reading the book explains a lot about his controversies...)

Osho 754 

In terms of my own journey, I don't want to say a number or anything as people might perceive that as 'you think you're more enlightened than Eckhart, lol you're so deluded!!!' All I will say is I started in the late 500's, I am not 'finished' at 1000 yet, but I definitely am living in non-duality, and it's amazing, but I stilll have a lot pf work to do, even when you 'reach' 1000 there is still work to do, this is not some quick fix solution, embodiment of reaching 1000 can take years depending on the person and how much 'shit' there is to deal with!

ANother reason I like Ramaji and Ananda is they are actually NORMAL people, they live a normal life, Ananda is a mother for example, they aren't meditating on the mountain tops or in caves. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want to do, but I personally want to go out there and live life to the fullest and completely be myself, all which they embrace, unlike many teachers! 

They also talk about topics like Sex, Relationships, Manifestation etc which are hardly spoken about in the community.

If you have any questions for me or about RASA ask away, but I highly recommend the book and doing more than just reading books and meditating as your work, also I'd look into the Enneagram to understand yourself (it explains a LOT!) 

Complete_Map_Promo-544x1024.jpg

Condensed_Map_Promo-683x1024.jpg

Edited by LfcCharlie4
Misspellings in the title.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Looking at that chart I'm probably at about 300. 

I can say that with 97% certainty.

I would consider myself at LOC 570-579. However my path begun after I a had a so called spiritual shock (ego death, cosmic self) produced by my first 3,5 gr. mushroom experience. I think the map is interesting, but doesn't take into account psychedelic experiences. Mapping somebody, who has a lot of deep psychedelic experiences doesn't seem to make sense - at least this is what I think. ;) 

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

you can reach 1000 in temporary chemically enhanced  states

and then when it wears off go back to Loc 300-399

@Gneh Onebar of course it does, a psychedelic experience, is a glimpse into the higher states say, RASA does similar, so let’s say you had a glimpse at the 600s, but as it was just an experience and you didn’t have the foundations in place, you just didn’t stabilise there, and dropped back down into the 500s. 

Once you stabilise at 640< it’s hard to drop down but before that you may oscillate a lot! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Nickyy  you’re not a seeker at all then?

@Nak Khid agreed. It’s about how you integrate those experiences, psychedelics give you great insights but you can’t stay high forever, after all this is it.

@LfcCharlie4  Okay cool, I thougt the map is only about stable states, not about temporary peak experiences. What makes 640 so special? By the way: Do you know Ramaji's view on the psychedelic path?

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

Tis a mistake to take such simplistic numeric scales seriously.

Awakening cannot be quantified or mapped on a linear scale.

Furthermore, all of this is purely hearsay and goes against the core of this work, which is direct experience.

You have no clue whether these scales are accurate. You are just taking someone's word for it, giving away your own authority.

Watch out, this can easily become a deep epistemic trap which skews your whole worldview.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@LfcCharlie4 probably not. Not going by that scale . But i do feel I'm improving in comparison to the person I was before 

Edited by Nickyy

@Leo Gura This whole map is based on your own direct and personal experiences, and your own existential experience. 

Of course it isn’t the be all and end all, but it certainly offers a great guide into understanding the different stages of non-duality.

Of course direct experience is the most important factor on this path, my direct experience of RASA and working 1-1 with a teacher has been far more beneficial than just watching Videos or reading books. 

I am certainly not giving away my power, the core of the message is that you are always your own guru, but a “teacher” can help you see that much more clearly, and help you polish the diamond say. 

Watching a satsang or explanation of certain questions are great, but it doesn’t really address the questions and blockages you have as an individual, and what path is best suited to you, everyone is so different and it isn’t as simple as just doing self-inquiry or meditation as a one size fits all teaching, it is much more complex than that. 

I just want to thank you for introducing me to this book Leo, as it opened my eyes to the depth of this work and path, it also allowed me to find a “normal” teacher who has helped me beyond words, so thank you. 

I was in a bit of a spiritual hole beforehand and honestly, I think I would’ve stayed spinning my wheels if it wasn’t for originally reading this book. 

@Gneh Onebar I know they aren’t advocates of psychedelics, as the ultimate truth is this is it. I’m sure psychedelics can help many people, and do help many people in various ways and give great insights. 

I personally am only 20 and have done LSD and MDMA (if that counts) they gave me great experiences and insights, but after all you have to come back down to yourself and you realise this is it. 

I dont want to comment too much on Psyches as I haven’t done them and since our brains develop until 25 I probably won’t go heavy on them/ don’t feel a need to with how I feel currently.

@Leo Gura also I’m surprised at you calling it simplistic, the book is almost 900 pages on Kindle, and goes into immense detail into every stage, with case studies of each teacher at each stage, as well as personal case studies. 

The one I showed is very simplistic, hence why I recommend the book. 

10 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

This whole map is based on your own direct and personal experiences, and your own existential experience. 

No, it is based on Ramaji's experience, which is hearsay/belief to you.

You guys need to be a lot more accurate about identifying when a thing is belief/hearsay vs direct experience.

Awakenings do not come with numerical values attached. Lol. This is not even Ramaji's direct experience, it is something his mind is constructing.

2 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Leo Gura also I’m surprised at you calling it simplistic, the book is almost 900 pages on Kindle, and goes into immense detail into every stage, with case studies of each teacher at each stage, as well as personal case studies. 

The one I showed is very simplistic, hence why I recommend the book. 

I am warning you about the dangers of these kinds of models.

"The better the model, the bigger the problem."

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

you can reach 1000 in temporary chemically enhanced  states

and then when it wears off go back to Loc 300-399

1000 is natural "Level". It is What you are and how God created us Really. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Leo Gura I’m not saying awakenings come with these values, but there is common characteristics of certain teachers, even you have certain characteristics of your awakenings and so do I. 

I know that since working with Ananda my direct experience of reality has deepened a LOT, to the point of actually beginning to have awakenings and embody them, instead of simply reading and listening to others stories.

The map isn’t the be all and end all, all I am saying is it can be incredibly helpful in giving you an idea where you are at, and can help you finding teachers you resonate with, like any model it is far from perfect, and your own existential experience is always what matters.

5 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I know that since working with Ananda my direct experience of reality has deepened a LOT

I am not disputing that.

Just be careful with ranking people numerically. You will think you've reached the end by reaching 1000, but you will have still missed many facets.

14 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

1000 is natural "Level". It is What you are and how God created us Really. 

Yep, self realisation, realising it all goes full circle and this moment as it is is really it, not some blissed out state, whatever moment you’re experiencing this is it. 

There’s a reason Ramana said the highest teaching is silence.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I am not disputing that.

Just be careful with ranking people numerically. You will think you've reached the end by reaching 1000, but you will have still missed many facets.

Oh no I’m fully aware, that is only the beginning of life. 

There is no magic pill, and of course there will be facets such as integrating the heart that I need to work on, and Integration work takes years to fully integrate! 

In terms of work on yourself, that never ends until we die, I was also worried that was the case when I started working with them, but I’m glad they emphasise how much work as you do is needed post awakening. 

Can I ask Leo what is your main form of spiritual practice etc right now. 

Is Psychedelics still a big part of your journey and have you ever worked with teachers one on one?