Phocus

Quotes, Sayings And Personal Mantras

55 posts in this topic

"Happiness doesn't depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude." - Dale Carnegie 

"successful people do things well, especially when they don't want to." - my high school chemistry teacher

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

"Human beings always act and feel and perform in accordance with what they imagine to be true about themselves and their environment" - Maltz Maxwell, Psycho-Cybernetics

My personal mantra is

Thank You

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - aristotle

Memento Mori

This single quote from the book Thoughts without a thinker (ISBN13: 9780715627112) made me stare blankly at the world all around me with wonder.

"For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I drink out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, 'Of course.' When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious."

I like this one, it reminds me that I (possibly)  just have this one go at living life, so I might as well try to make the most out of it :)

"If there is anything worth fearing in the world, it is living in such a way that gives one cause for regret in the end" - A.C. Grayling

'question everything'  - Simple yet profound. We should always question and challenge received wisdom.

Edited by Flower

'The end of fear is the beginning of all wisdom'

you better check yo' self before you wreck yo' self - Sri Ice Cube

"A man should penetrate the world as he penetrates his woman.  Not for personal gain or pleasure, but to magnify love, openness and depth."  -David Deida

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

"The fact that there is a beginning or an End is just a concept seeded into your mind from society,you are constant,continuous,infinite Energy never Ends,It transforms".

I like this quote.It goes on from the laws of conservation of Energy.and one of the videos @Leo Gura made in his channel on "how society fucks you in the ass"             :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun tzu

"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else." - Benjamin Franklin

"We build too many walls and not enough bridges." - Isaac Newton