LfcCharlie4

Breatharians- Crazy snake oil salesman or Stage Turquoise way of eating....

38 posts in this topic

Recently come across the term breatharians, to me it seems very dangerous as it is mostly, even though I am vegan myself, the raw vegan stage Green types I notice in the comments praising this and talking about transitioning. 

Doing researched I noticed this has actually been a thing for decades with (no surprise) multiple deaths being reported by following a breatharians book who herself failed a 7 day challenge of no food/water under Doctor supervision. 

It also seems highly convenient modern day Breatharians have 10 day workshops costing $1000's to 'initiate' you into living off of the Prana (Ray Maor if you want to google him). 

There has also been reports of breatharians being seen coming out of fast food joints which is kinda funny, and most gurus have been exposed and caught nourishing their body with things other than good old Prana. 

However, there's a case of an Indian holy man who says he was touched by goddesses who told him he need not worry about food or drink anymore and supposedly hasn't eaten or drunk in years, but all he does is meditate all day. 

A lot of western breatharians consume liquid calories in the form of juices and similar things several times a week supposedly, but admit it would be impossible to live at a 'level 4 Breatharian' (supposedly your body makes its own water from your skin) in the western world. 

To me this seems like Bullshit, and taking advantage of those who have struggled with ED's in the past, or want a more 'spiritual' way of eating, however who knows like with everything there could be things to learn, as a society we consume far too much food hence the obesity crisis across the western world, but this seems like far too extreme in the other direction. 

Trying to stay open minded but to me it does seem like a fabrication of the truth, and a lot of these 'breatharians' will be consuming more calories than we are led to believe, it also screams HUGE deficiency problems to me, and more importantly the cases of people actually dying, but would love to know your guys inputs and if there's any breatharians round these parts. 

This has been debunked in a number of videos on YouTube, but who knows maybe in 200 years we will all live off of the Prana -_-

Videos from both sides:

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

In the first video notice the logic and understanding for his critique coming from the materialist paradigm, primarily stage orange, someone unable to fully understand the role of belief systems, and the magic and essence of reality as energy

@LfcCharlie4 if this doesn’t resonate with you perhaps it isn’t for you. The more spiritual one becomes, typically, the more sense this makes, intuitively. It’s not about convincing ourselves but learning and unlearning, dropping beliefs and really questioning what we believe to be true. It all starts with you and who you think you are 

@DrewNows I see your point, but saying things like 'the more spiritual you are' screams out Spiritual Ego. 

Please explain to me what diet actually has to do with realizing the absolute and realizing that this moment is truly all there is, for example Nisgadatta Maharaj smoked and sold Cigarettes, he's one of the recent enlightened masters of our times, yet since he ate and smoked cigarettes is he less self realized than you. 

To me, Diet is more of a self improvement concept than self realization. A carnivore can realize the absolute just as a raw vegan could.

Think about the most self realized teachers of our time- Rupert Spira, Francis Lucille, Ramaji, Adyashanti.....none of them are breatharians. Awakening and embodying your enlightenment doesn't seem to correlate with becoming a breatharian to me, just because you eat or even eat meat doesn't mean you can't be self realized, this has been shown time and time again...

Maybe breatharianism is great for your health and detoxifying the body, however saying this makes you 'more spiritual' seems like a clear case of spiritual ego, however I wish you the best of luck in terms of your health and really hope you don't severely damage yourself doing this. 

However just because you don't eat as much as someone else, it doesn't make you more spiritual than someone else, I'd really recommend reading some of the books on Leo's reading list such as 1000 to see the different depths to enlightenment, the guy who wrote that (Ramaji) is quite clearly a self realized being after being a seeker for 40+ years (not that that matters either) but isn't exactly the pinnacle of human health, anyways I wish you the best and truly hope you find what you're looking for on your journey whatever that is. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Can you see yourself mate? where you're coming from? Why do we do anything? this goes beyond you and me or any guru/Gura. What makes breatharianism possible, only truly knowing oneself. For someone who doesn't, they still get lost in the world, in other people's beliefs, always seeking answers outside of themselves

Not everyone has a desire to live without the experience of food or even smokes.  You think it is actually them who is doing the smoking? No, they and the smoking are one, and they know no life or death for they are the awareness of Experience. This is the time we will start to see shifts to impact the collective, as we learn what consequences arise from our actions in relation to nature. 

Let me say it again, this isn't about you or me, go inward, question, follow no one but listen to whatever resonates, it's your journey. Make your magic ;)

@DrewNows I used those examples as you said 'the more spiritual you become' so I used some of most self-realized beings on the planet as examples of that being a very strange claim to make. 

When you say lost in the world, what do you mean? I would love to know your goals of this journey and your own awakening journey. 

I am not meaning to be pushy or rude at all, but am genuinely curious why you believe this has any connection with being 'more spiritual' as if one thing could be more like God than another, when everything is God, do you see how that makes no sense? Since all is God, and since there is no other, and everything is simply the Absolute how can something be more spiritual? 

'Spiritual' is another concept/ belief, that like everything else must be dropped, if you ever wish to 'finish' on this pathless path. 

Yes, we are the awareness of this experience, but we are also everything in this experience as everything is simply a face of the absolute, this is it. There is no super spiritual realm you'll get to when you get enlightened, sure I'm sure from your fasting and practices you will have amazing 'states' you get into but at the end it all comes back to just this. This is it. 

I'm guessing you're familiar with the 10 Ox Pictures of Zen, and guess what happens in the 10th one....we return to the marketplace e.g. we return to the world (albeit self realized) to enjoy our life however we wish to, maybe that's using the Prana for energy or maybe that's eating cheeseburgers and watching seinfield re runs, but both, from an absolute sense, are as spiritual as each other;)

I genuinely hope you find what you are looking for in this breatharian journey! :) 

I see a Breathairian as the same thing as a Yogi. Maurice Nicoll hinted at this in his Psychological Commentaries.

Gurdjieff said we have 3 foods. 'Regular food', air, and impressions. 

Nicoll suggested that a person who doesn't take impressions in a negative way creates all that is needed with thier energy flow. 

I liked the reference to Yogananda in the last one. It's the only one I've watched yet.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

‘The return’ is a transformation in one’s understanding of what was once believed to be...

after this there may be several more awakenings and it’s all aimed at living one’s greatest joy beyond the relative truths 

what makes one more spiritual who understands how it is possible for there to be breatharians? They are no longer identified with their beliefs 

2 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Nicoll suggested that a person who doesn't take impressions in a negative way creates all that is needed with thier energy flow. 

Love it 

5 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I wish I was a Breatharian. I would save so much moneyxD

Sorry mate you only exist as your beliefs ;) 

Me too, @Shiva .

I can't get away from my sugar addiction. I notice my tendency toward negativity the more sugar I consume.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

4 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I can't get away from my sugar addiction. I notice my tendency toward negativity the more sugar I consume

That’s when you realize the habit is no longer serving you. This was how I ended my “caffeine addiction” yet I’m not against having a coffee every now and again. we can give away our power to anything, when it doesn’t serve us we call it an addiction xD

thoughts run the show 

Edited by DrewNows

The Return is like having your cake and eating it. You no longer have to starve yourself anymore. 

You can literally be yourself as an individual, call it transcendental individuality if you will, while simultaneously knowing you are the abolute and living from the 'big self,' knowing you are simply the absolute and believe me it is incredible while I am certainly not 'finished' yet, the peace that comes with living in a non dual level of awareness is unparalled. 

I no longer identify with my beliefs, I'm open to it being possible, but I see the term itself as quite misleading. Most breatharians still consume food, even if it's liquid it still has calories in it, and many were caught 'cheating' in the past, however I understand Yogi's could certainly do it if there whole life is sat around meditating all day, as you need hardly any energy for that. 

Even Ray Maor says this is very unlikely to be possible for someone engaged in life. 

So, from a standpoint of someone wanting to be engaged in conventional living, it seems quite unlikely this could work long term for athletes, businessman, people raising families etc, but I'm sure there will be exceptions and that it can work. 

Whether people can thrive on this diet is another matter, can I ask if Ray Maor was already practicing this beforehand why did he lose 17lbs in his 8 days without food and water? Sure you can survive, but can you thrive?

@Red-White-Light I agree and personally practice intermittent fasting, more strictly when on a cut in my training cycle. 

Apparently not, although it seems the ones eating the least are the Yogi's sitting in a cave all day, which is not my ideals in life, therefore it has little relevance to me. 

Most westerners who do this consume around 400-500 calories a day, maybe it works for them and if it does great, but it certainly doesn't make someone more spiritual, it's like me saying to my mates I'm more spiritual because I don't eat animals but you do...

Personally, it's not something I'll prescribe to! 

The secret behind all this is that we are all one. And it depends how you want to define breatharian and what purpose you have for your consumption of energy. Do we not have infinite potential? It’s a matter of aligned will/want/desire mentally, spiritually, and emotionally 

@LfcCharlie4 you are right in that if someone is consuming less to attain some idea Of themselves as being more spiritual then they are not in alignment 

Why cling to a position or belief? 

Sorry i don’t always pick my words effectively as they are context sensitive 

When we judge other we are judging ourselves, does this make judging wrong? No. It just means we have chosen A story, deception, over actuality

i guess this is my learning opportunity here along my path 

@DrewNows I am not judging you or your decisions, I am attempting to analyse this way of life as I am always open to optimising my nutrition for my own goals and motivations in life. 

And yes Natural pure awareness which we are is infinite and has no needs, however as a body/mind (doesn’t exist in actuality I know but for convenience) we of course have needs. 

I am not denying this can perhaps be minimised through spiritual practices and utilising the Prana as Some Yogis choose to do, but whether this is optimum for human health is another discussion altogether.

if this is your journey I wish you the best, just for the majority who live a highly active life I don’t honestly believe this is truly viable, maybe I’m wrong and I really could be, who knows.

and I believe there is a difference between judging and taking skilful action and most importantly thinking for yourself.

I’m enjoying a mild case of pendulum swings with personality lol

@LfcCharlie4 What do you know about biophoton levels in foods? Have you watched any John rose? He preaches what he practices, he’s 65 and was a competitive athlete when he was younger so he’s on a similar path as us as far as maximizing energy levels and performance 

@DrewNows very little, is that the raw vegan guy you posted about in another post? 

Personally, I don’t subscribe to raw veganism I imagine it can work for some, but there’s a lot of cases where it leads to deficiencies and lots of health issues when done incorrectly, the same as normal veganism, I’m 90% sure I was B12 deficient for a long time which caused dersssion and fatigue for a while. 

I saw Vegan Gains/ Gojimans videos on fully raw kristina who did a video with that guy and he says stuff about the holocaust and seems quite into conspiracy theories, but hey he looks great for 65.

by the way what diet/ way of eating do you currently subscribe to? 

@LfcCharlie4 currently in a raw food transition, it’s detox and intuition, healing the body and then rebuilding. I use iridology and Robert Morse systemic understanding of the lymphatic system to reflect on how I’m operating on the inside. I consider Robert Morse to be the  biggest detox healer since Sebi. He’s with over 40 years experience operating with what appears to be yellow/turquoise stage PD. Rare doctor with spiritual sense and even experience  of astral projection. He’s quite authentic in my eyes 

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

When we judge other we are judging ourselves, does this make judging wrong? No. It just means we have chosen A story, deception, over actuality 

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

True, to a point. Were always making judgements, even in the now. The problem arises is when we make judgements in order to uphold a sense of self . That's the ego. You can be perfectly in the now and be at one with all judgement, and that is because in that position no judgement really matters because from that place judgement doesn't harm you or others