OBEler

cutting sleep time, has anyone archieved?

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

one of my goals for self improvement is reducing sleep time from 8 hours to 3 to 4 hours. i know a woman at my working place who just needs 2 to 3 hours. she is 60 years old but looks like she is 40. She is a strong character with a happy face. In her case it is genetic, she always just needed this time and has full power the whole day and night.

I tried many techniques, like 4,5 hours at night 1,5 hours in afternoon. It worked. But some days it doesnt work and then I feel very low energy and get headache. Therefore I cannot recommend this. 

Are there some of you who could reduce their sleep time to a  few hours? How did you do that?  Do you feel great with low sleep time?

I have a mate in our apartment we rent that wants to try this. 

I had an internet friend, who was my personal astrologer and he did that. He slept 2 hours twice every night (so 4 hours total).

He said he was super refreshed and he also looked really nice and rested.

There are like 6 ways you can practice this type of sleeping habit.

You need to research it though?? I think? So you're safe.

And pleeeeease please, avoid being in your room or staying in bed in daytime. It ruins sleep hygiene.

No coffee or chocolate after 3 pm.

Stop consuming energy drinks and similar stuff.

Yeah.

@Aquarius the difference is, this woman dont need this "sleep hygiene" and she dont need these rules like no coffe or chocolate after 3 pm.

I dont want to trick my body with such hacks, my goal is that my body really just need 3 hours sleep regardless what I do over the day

@OBEler I think anything less than 6 hours/day sleep can bring sleepiness, boredom and headache. You should sleep atleast 6-7 hours at night and you will feel adequately energised to do work.

Edited by Annoynymous

@Annoynymous sadghuru propagates that it is possible for almost everyone to drop sleep hours to just 3 to 4 hours

@OBEler i don't know about that.

In my personal experience, whenever i sleep less than 6 hours, generally i get tired and unmotivated for rest of the day.  

7 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Annoynymous sadghuru propagates that it is possible for almost everyone to drop sleep hours to just 3 to 4 hours

Maybe, when you mind/body is perfectly balanced. Trying to enforce it though is just silly.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Every human needs either 7 or 8 hours minimum every night. Studies are done on this and books have been written. 

Sleeping less will effect your body and mind.