Extreme Z7

Cults, Explained | Netflix

12 posts in this topic

This episode implied that Eckhart Tolle is a cult leader. Along with Ralph Smart. Horrible production.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

What? They didn't include us? Now I feel unloved.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

What? They didn't include us? Now I feel unloved.

Leo why arent they not even considering you. Mwan you are low ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

6 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

This episode implied that Eckhart Tolle is a cult leader. Along with Ralph Smart. Horrible production.

maybe there is no black and white here but multiple shades of cult behaviour and tendencies. we were not talking about the taste of the art. maybe that`s sometimes also a trap.

watched it and find it very informative especially in the section where eckart tolle and teal (wanted to write tilda) swan are mentioned. maybe we are a pancult. what makes it pretty difficult because we never know what exactly that might be. pancult would also already have some negative connotation as pan could easily be confused with the greek god, but i meant pan as the greek meaning of pan (in sense of you never know which cult is speaking to you at the moment exactly).

Edited by remember

i`m absolutely for starting a commentary to introduce a commentary field where people can evaluate which cult one is belonging to. then it would be out of the discussions. so we could maybe apply ego or devilry or like in this example (sorry to use you as example bro)

17 minutes ago, CultivateLove said:

@Leo Gura gotta step up your game bro...  Why haven't you tried making your own country yet? 

the bro cult. (women excluded. just for the sidenotice) it`s a reference about how thick two guys are because of their gender.

next time i will talk about the brlo cult - we also have to step up the game.

Edited by remember

9 hours ago, remember said:

maybe there is no black and white here but multiple shades of cult behaviour and tendencies. we were not talking about the taste of the art. maybe that`s sometimes also a trap.

watched it and find it very informative especially in the section where eckart tolle and teal (wanted to write tilda) swan are mentioned. maybe we are a pancult. what makes it pretty difficult because we never know what exactly that might be. pancult would also already have some negative connotation as pan could easily be confused with the greek god, but i meant pan as the greek meaning of pan (in sense of you never know which cult is speaking to you at the moment exactly).

Society is a cult. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Does Netflix have moral to talk about cults? They make millions of people addicted to series and movies. WTF?

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Society is a cult.

yours maybe, mine tries to be a culture, mostly, but let`s not split hairs over it.

although in europe are really less cults because some religious sects wouldn`t be allowed here as oficial churches so they exist but much less. we have of course some street cults but not so much in a spiritual sense like what you would call spiritual (probably).

but of course there is body cult and object cult (some are more fetish than cult) and so on.

and a lot of people like us movies and of course netflix.

but we also have a really good channel, they have some content in english (and it`s for free):

https://www.arte.tv/en/

Edited by remember

The way people in mainstream culture throw around the word "cult", they use it to disparage any POV which contradicts the ones they're comfortable with. It's often a materialist defense mechanism. But of course materialism is the biggest cult of all.

See my 2 part series on Cult Psychology to really understand how deep this issue goes.

The most amazing thing about cults is that people don't realize they're in one. But if that's true, how do you know you weren't in one since birth?

Culture

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.