Strangeloop

Why exercise?

11 posts in this topic

I can't seem to find a reason to exercise, or even motivation. It seems if I had people around me that do exercise then I would too, but now that's not the case. I could say that I need to exercise to look good or too attract women easier and such but I saw fat men attract women so it's not the case at all. 

Why do you exercise? What motivates you to exercise?

Health, improving your cognitive performance, improving image (as well as self-image), improving physical endurance, improving your psychological tolerance to stretch yourself, self-nourishing

@Strangeloop Make a challenge, try to get into as good shape as possible within 2 weeks. And i promise you, you will feel FANTASTIC and in the end of it and you will want to keep going. It's actually incredible how much better you feel when you exercise and eat clean. The hardest part is starting, but you kind of eliminate that hump by making it a challenge. Highly recommend doing all of it also, cardio, weights, yoga, stretching. You'll feel loose as a goose. B|

I tried this method myself 4 weeks ago and I feel so good.

Edited by fridjonk

Your body deteriorates when it's not moving, simple as that.

Health is the ultimate reason for exercise. It's hard to actualize your purpose in life without it.

Because you feel like crap when you don't exercise and are unfit. When you feel like crap you make poor decisions, you play small, weak mindset, can't concentrate, poor sleep quality, etc.

There is little more important in life then your health. I personally don't care about material possessions, fame, luxury, status, etc. 

The only things I really care about, is my health. The health of my mind, body, and relationships. Exercise helps facilitate that of which is most important in life. Even knowledge is useless if you don't have health to apply it. 

Fundamentally, I exercise because what else is better to do. What else has as large of an impact on your life for as minimal investment as 5hrs/week at the gym? 

If you are serious about growth and personal development, you are doing a great disservice by avoiding exercise.

The body benefits from movement as the mind benefits from stillness.

B R E A T H E