Kubia

Shutting Down Interpretation = Non-Dual Perception

11 posts in this topic

Yesterday night I had a really profound experience, and only from realizing one single phrase in a video i was watching. 

The fun thing is that the video was not about spirituality, i'm talking about "Why all People Seems Crazy" on the Actualized.org  YT channel. 

The phrase was like: "People have different models to interpret reality, so when others act differently they seems crazy [...]"

Then the video continued to flow, but I had remained fixed on a single concept... "People have different models to interpret reality"..."People have models to interpret reality".

What the...

ONLY realizing that, occurred a serious shift in my perception, but not intentionally. The most accurate way of describing it was like my "Interpreting" program that was running on my mind has crashed only realizing its existence.

Immediately, everything i was perceiving had not sense at all. It was like the hands that was holding the phone (on which i was watching the video..) wasn't "mine", but just happening to be in my field of view. Everything i was watching was amazing and scary at the same time. I no longer feel i was a person, only a perceiver that happened to be able to control a body in some way. What the fuck I am? What the fuck are those things that surrounds me?

That wasn't some philosophising on non-duality. I wasn't thinking that. It was REAL.

I don't know if it's some samadhi or shit, i wasn't high or in a meditation state. But something has shifted only by putting my attention on it, and the thing was "interpretation".

Since like we were born we interpret reality, situation, object. Our brains put things in order, give meaning, and project future based on our models.

But if this whole "thing" is removed? There are no more borders from one thing to one other, and then the duality is the hard thing to see, not the opposite.

I don't know if this is something you realize on retreats or psychedelics help you to shut down your "interpretation" program, but now i can clearly see that. I know there are way more facets of awakening, but i think this one is really important, despite being very basic.

So, thanks @Leo Gura for the realization, despite it wasn't the main focus of that video ;)

My final question is, do you think that interpretation itself is one of the main obstacles of awakening?

Edited by Kubia

Interpretation can definitely be an obstacle especially if your always seeing life against you or all people are out for themselves or life’s pointless, etc. 

sounds like on some level your mind realized that it’s views aren’t solid truth and that there are lots of views out there. And it let go to some degree and effected perception. 

one of the biggest realisation this one, well done, the rest will start to crumble.

imagine that all the things that exist, have only been "made" by others deluded, interpretator.

most things are bullshit, cause even what you hold is probably cloud of bullshit.

I was in Paris waiting another bus for home and the realisation stuck another time, I entered a non dual state where all thoughts seamed pointless to talk about what is around me.

like if I was a character entering reality with a new breath.

Reality of everyone is so far out from mine/I/us,

everyone is like another planet.

Everyone is a star

Edited by Aeris

Nice insight. You looked under the hood of human conditioning and personal filters. 

I wouldn’t say that interpretation itself is a hindrance to awakenings, yet more the attachment and identification to that interpretation. For example, my mind could interpret a bird chirp as different than a dog bark. There is no problem with that. Yesterday I created concepts about how athletes get into individual flow states within collective flow states. Fun stuff. Yet there is no “owner” that is attached to these concepts. They are like bird chirps and dog barks floating around. In contrast, I could create a construct of “enlightenment” as the real deal. I could become attached to that construct and believe it is objective, universal and true. I could spend years seeking this idea of enlightenment and consider myself a seeker on a path. I could find teachers to validate and encourage my interpretation. I could find books supporting my idea and judge other peoples’ ideas as being wrong, as not true “enlightenment”. This is a contracted, static mind. .  . It’s not so much the interpretation, it’s the attachment/identification to the interpretation.

On 14/10/2019 at 5:38 AM, Mu_ said:

Interpretation can definitely be an obstacle especially if your always seeing life against you or all people are out for themselves or life’s pointless, etc. 

sounds like on some level your mind realized that it’s views aren’t solid truth and that there are lots of views out there. And it let go to some degree and effected perception. 

@Mu_  It's not that i realized that there are different views. I already know that.

It's that every view is deeply flawed, even the most "accurate" one. Every perceiver will filter raw data of reality in a different mode and extract different meaning, but really there is no meaning. It's just raw data.

On 15/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Nice insight. You looked under the hood of human conditioning and personal filters. 

I wouldn’t say that interpretation itself is a hindrance to awakenings, yet more the attachment and identification to that interpretation. For example, my mind could interpret a bird chirp as different than a dog bark. There is no problem with that. Yesterday I created concepts about how athletes get into individual flow states within collective flow states. Fun stuff. Yet there is no “owner” that is attached to these concepts. They are like bird chirps and dog barks floating around. In contrast, I could create a construct of “enlightenment” as the real deal. I could become attached to that construct and believe it is objective, universal and true. I could spend years seeking this idea of enlightenment and consider myself a seeker on a path. I could find teachers to validate and encourage my interpretation. I could find books supporting my idea and judge other peoples’ ideas as being wrong, as not true “enlightenment”. This is a contracted, static mind. .  . It’s not so much the interpretation, it’s the attachment/identification to the interpretation.

@Serotoninluv Yeah, that's the soft-core way to look at it. And it's probably the most healthy way to incorporate that in one's life, because living beings can't be in that constant non-dual state and be really functional.

It's like i saw part of the "matrix", but not the objects that i would interpret automatically. That shift fused everything.

Anyway yes, your example of awakening is on point. Im personally not that obsessed to being enlightened (not an hardcore seeker, but just curios) but i think its very core essence is very simple, and most people over-think about it. Maybe i'm wrong.

Thanks everyone for replying!

Edited by Kubia

Shutting Down Interpretation = no thoughts/story about situation

simply whatever is perceived by your senses is sensed. no labels added. no subtitles. simply what is. where then is YOU and OTHER if no labels or thoughts are present :)

so yes. non-dual

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

6 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

Shutting Down Interpretation = no thoughts/story about situation

simply whatever is perceived by your senses is sensed. no labels added. no subtitles. simply what is. where then is YOU and OTHER if no labels or thoughts are present :)

so yes. non-dual

Every non-dual experience has to be putted down in dual-language i suppose. But I got your point.

Anyway, I said that only shutted down interpretation, not my sense doors. That's a subtle but meaningful difference. My sense were not altered at all.

@Kubia oh yes! sense doors are not to be shut down , nor do they shut-down for a non-dual state

there is only ever senses

just the MY drops... so it goes from MY SENSES to just SENSES

whose senses? before any thought or interpretation, it is just SENSES :)

sensing, hearing, touching, tasting, feeling

as Paul Hedderman says :)

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei I understand what are you saying, but for commodity i use the term "my" experience.

I know the difference is illusory. But the whole experience of one-ness is always limited to one point of view. Don't you agree?

I can't sense every point of view possible in the universe. I can't see what you are seeing right now, still we are the same thing. 

Edited by Kubia

5 hours ago, Kubia said:

@Mu_  It's not that i realized that there are different views. I already know that.

It's that every view is deeply flawed, even the most "accurate" one. Every perceiver will filter raw data of reality in a different mode and extract different meaning, but really there is no meaning. It's just raw data.

@Serotoninluv Yeah, that's the soft-core way to look at it. And it's probably the most healthy way to incorporate that in one's life, because living beings can't be in that constant non-dual state and be really functional.

It's like i saw part of the "matrix", but not the objects that i would interpret automatically. That shift fused everything.

Anyway yes, your example of awakening is on point. Im personally not that obsessed to being enlightened (not an hardcore seeker, but just curios) but i think its very core essence is very simple, and most people over-think about it. Maybe i'm wrong.

Thanks everyone for replying!

Isn't "Its just the interpretation raw data belief" itself a meaning applied?  Imagine dropping that as well......

Edited by Mu_

3 hours ago, Kubia said:

But the whole experience of one-ness is always limited to one point of view.

No.

Not always.

People have reported having various types of awakenings in which they were omnipresent, 360° views, infinte prespective

Reality is never ever limited to "always"

The only always it has is that it will always be without limitations

Love Is The Answer