Aeris

Where stand the joker(2019) on the political spectrum ?

56 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, tenta said:

So a no-true-scotsman fallacy, if you get kicked out of a mosque for whatever reason are you also not stage blue?

Is him killing Robert de Nero stage red? Obviously to an extend, but not fully, joker is not stage red and he tried to make his life work and makes kids laugh - he also killed him because he ignorantly embarrassed joker on TV, from his position of privilege, against some guy who is clearly disadvantaged

I think a better example of someone at orange with a fair bit of red in them is a Michelin star chef. Someone who can turn raw materials into income, can manage teams, but has a little bit of "look what I can do, aren't I a clever boy/girl?"

?

1 hour ago, Nickyy said:

That's not reality, that's just the view of a mentally ill person.

Our view of the reality is as valid perception of reality as mentally ill person's view of the reality is. In your reality there were no bad guys, in my reality the TV host was a narcissistic piece of shit. There is no way to determine which perception is delusional and which is reality, is there?

21 minutes ago, Hansu said:

Our view of the reality is as valid perception of reality as mentally ill person's view of the reality is. In your reality there were no bad guys, in my reality the TV host was a narcissistic piece of shit. There is no way to determine which perception is delusional and which is reality, is there?

Lmao 

Sorry, but life's too short.

If you're not interested in optimal mental health or knowing what's true, why are you on a pd forum?

19 hours ago, Nickyy said:

If you're not interested in optimal mental health or knowing what's true, why are you on a pd forum?

I'll tell you what Im not here to do, to raise my society acceptance score which you seem to obsess about ?

Yeah this discussion seems to go nowhere so its best we stop here. You brought put good points about The Joker tho, thanks for that!

28 minutes ago, Hansu said:

I'll tell you what Im not here to do, to raise my society acceptance score which you seem to obsess about ?

Yeah this discussion seems to go nowhere so its best we stop here. You brought put good points about The Joker tho, thanks for that!

? You're welcome to chat any time. All the best 

@Nickyy you lack a lot of perspective.

The whole movie was about how an orange society is crooked and not fair for everyone.

Joker is just the shadow of an orange society becoming green.

Hitler was a mix or red/green.

You don't live to a stage.

It's almost always 3 stages and a dominant.

And green has a lot of shadow and problems too.

To me you look like 60% blue 30% orange and 10% green

You imagine orange on how it is from a non informed perspective.

It's a mindset of 'do it'.

Doesn't imply to be even a member of any society.

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

@Nickyy you lack a lot of perspective.

To me you look like 60% blue 30% orange and 10% green

You imagine orange on how it is from a non informed perspective.

This is actually pretty accurate ☺️

Thank you ! 

@Aeris Youve made me see the film in a different way. I guess orange society is a bit marginalising. But it's not as bad as a tribal society that let the ones who couldn't contribute to society just starve. That was the only way we could survive in those times. We had to let the less able ones go. It's still the same now, only since tribal times we have developed the idea of human rights. But still, in an orange society there isn't any resources to carry the less able, because human rights is a double edged sword , isn't it? The rich have the right to be individuals and compete in a capitalist economy system.

It's not fair, but green is a little immature in its sentiment that all beings are equal and should be allowed equal status in society. 

But I think you are spot on, you had the balls to confront me and tell me how you see it. 

I appreciate that. If you want you can PM me. Id be more than willing to take feedback on what else you think about where I'm at with my cognition.

After watching the movie, it's stage yellow, and it exceeded my expectations, there is so so much conformity right now that the Joker movie was simply powerful breaks that, especially Joker's speech where he pointed out the self bias of thomas wayne and others. Sadly Joker didn't represent egolessness from what we see in the end of the movie.

I'd like to see what happens to Bruce Wayne after this in a sequel.

The movie is definitely spiral dynamics green.... if the world he was living in caring for the disenfranchised and mentally ill then joker would not have become joker.

If the movie was stage yellow, it would have offered a solution and growth from the characters, particularly the Thomas Wayne character whom was a person that was stage orange believing he is stage green and seeking office for the sake of the people of gotham city.    

Just now, Tanz said:

The movie is definitely spiral dynamics green.... if the world he was living in caring for the disenfranchised and mentally ill then joker would not have become joker.

If the movie was stage yellow, it would have offered a solution and growth from the characters, particularly the Thomas Wayne character whom was a person that was stage orange believing he is stage green and seeking office for the sake of the people of gotham city.    

A stage yellow movie will always push an exact solution? One of the reasons it's yellow is because it managed to be so popular by being non-conformist but not too much like that, so it appeals to audiences by finding that balance and so has become the highest earning comic book film, it's still not solid yellow tho.

It's successful because it pushes a new perspective in contrast to other movie perspectives, like the story writer went meta.

On 24/12/2019 at 0:15 AM, tenta said:

A stage yellow movie will always push an exact solution? One of the reasons it's yellow is because it managed to be so popular by being non-conformist but not too much like that, so it appeals to audiences by finding that balance and so has become the highest earning comic book film, it's still not solid yellow tho.

It's successful because it pushes a new perspective in contrast to other movie perspectives, like the story writer went meta.

Being able to find a disease and a cure are two very different things.  Or the what and why is just the start.  The how is a lot more complicated.  
The film is brilliant in the way it sends a message and does it not offending a lot of people in fact its the opposite, most people liked it.  However, if they did offer a solution the audience probably would not be ready to accept the answers.  

It's been twenty hours now that I left a screening of The Joker... holy fuck. I am still kind of speechless, which does not happen to me very often when it comes to movies.

In all honesty, I don't think that I am able to judge this movie "objectively" (if such a thing is possible at all); it hit way too close to home for that. During my watching of it, I felt like the screen had transformed into a huge mirror and displayed all of my deepest and ugliest insecurities for all the world to see. WOW.

If there is any justice left in Hollywood whatsoever, Joaquin Phoenix will walk home with a golden statue in his pocket in early February, no doubt about it.

Why so serious?

Just now, Bazooka Jesus said:

It's been twenty hours now that I left a screening of The Joker... holy fuck. I am still kind of speechless, which does not happen to me very often when it comes to movies.

In all honesty, I don't think that I am able to judge this movie "objectively" (if such a thing is possible at all); it hit way too close to home for that. During my watching of it, I felt like the screen had transformed into a huge mirror and displayed all of my deepest and ugliest insecurities for all the world to see. WOW.

If there is any justice left in Hollywood whatsoever, Joaquin Phoenix will walk home with a golden statue in his pocket in early February, no doubt about it.

It's surprisingly well done because of how other media try to conform but this movie doesn't, especially near the end which is the most surprising part of it and it was really good, clearly the movie of the year and what was needed in 2019

Edited by tenta

Watched the movie yesterday and loved it. It reminded me of what it was like for me to go insane during a recent trip. It was really scary to see how insane he became but simultaneously extremely accurate in his observations of the status quo. I've had this feeling while watching clips of Charles Manson too, seeing his insanity but also recognizing in him an understanding of reality that mirrors my own that most normal people aren't even close to seeing. 

The big question I want to ask is:

Is the Joker a zen-devil?

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

What a great Effing movie right? It's the best movie I have seen in a long while. It is Art.

I think that the message of the movie is yellow trying to give perspective to lower stages about mental illness.