Gnostic Christian

Is spiritual thinking supposed to ignore the real world?

15 posts in this topic

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

These quotes seem to want to separate the world of mater from the spiritual world.

If you have a spiritual thinking example for me, it might help me understand it's relationship to matter and reality.

Do you have an example of spiritual thinking?

Regards

DL

29 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

“Is spiritual thinking supposed to ignore the real world?”

Thinking can not ignore. Thinking is being, not a separate self, entity, or subject, which could ignore a separate “real world”. The real is being, being is reality.  

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

...the words are being itself. There is no separate self / person, no “flesh”, which could gain, or profit. All is being. 

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

The “key” of knowledge is that knower=knowing=known (all being). Proceeding in ignorance of this, of the self, of being, begets, or, brings more, who live the same ignorance. The “lawyers” are those who are minded of the ownership of things, possessions. 

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Generations of ignorance, by one’s own ignorance... and in kind, the world becomes as such. 

These quotes seem to want to separate the world of mater from the spiritual world.

It’s a message to the opposite. 

If you have a spiritual thinking example for me, it might help me understand it's relationship to matter and reality.

Thought is dualistic, and ‘appearance of’ being, if being is unknown to itself. There is no appearance, no thought, no duality, in actuality, as being is the knowing of being, unto itself. 

Any thought which is “yours”. 

Thought is in the world, but not of the world. 

Thanks for asking questions. Big fan of bible study. ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

• Generations of ignorance, by one’s own ignorance... and in kind, the world becomes as such. 

Dare to give further insight on this. Supreme grattitude to Source for this. Extreme Thank you. 

@Nahm So gamble game is Absolutelly fundamental for Universe. There couldn't be Apparent Reality with time and space and creatures and so on without Me pretending that I am some separated self. 

Source and Everything tricking itself It's human but it causes suffering. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

In my experience, there is no distinction between physical and spiritual realities. It’s more like they are intimately connected and are always affecting one another.

So paradoxically, go deeper into the physical and you’ll see how it is interconnected to the spiritual. Don’t separate the two. They are both subjective aspects of the absolute; ultimately they are the same without distinction.

2 hours ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Regards

DL

From the book of MAYA 

EL chapter 33:24 "Remember therefore that any abd all words that have found there way into this world in the form of the written word rather it be on clay, parchment,  or digital, had made it's way into this realm by means of Man and through Man's will and desires and are no more the true words of the All Creator then the waters of the sea is dry? Or the desert Wasteland is wet?"...

Yes I just made that up but my point is to try not to stumble in your walk of understanding because you trip on the words and ideas and concepts of other men. 

@Gnostic Christian Acknowledge the material world for what it is, if you pay attention and detach from it long enough you migth trancend it altogther. ;P

Edited by Alex

@Gnostic Christian
Bishop George Berkeley. Gets rid of the whole notion of materialism, all together. "To be, is to be Perceived." However this totally destroys the whole point of Christianity, from the point of forgiveness and salvation. I do believe though it has relevance as far as egregores go. Bishop Berkeley's philosophy has been explored in the movie Cloud Atlas.

Matter exists... and that it exists as Bounded and Unbounded, in the form of telesis(teleology) or perhaps "strings". Mind = Matter. 

I figure, I might as well try and max out the meaning of language to me; depending on a person's metaphysics or lack thereof, various words have no meaning, or make no sense.

https://www.toroidalfields.com/english/metaphysics/egregores/
http://ctmucommunity.org/wiki/Telesis

Edited by RichardY

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:30 PM, Pure Imagination said:

In my experience, there is no distinction between physical and spiritual realities. It’s more like they are intimately connected and are always affecting one another.

So paradoxically, go deeper into the physical and you’ll see how it is interconnected to the spiritual. Don’t separate the two. They are both subjective aspects of the absolute; ultimately they are the same without distinction.

You are describing Gnosis.

That or one finding what Yung and Freud called their Father Complex.

I like your thinking.

Regards

DL

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:08 PM, MAYA EL said:

From the book of MAYA 

EL chapter 33:24 "Remember therefore that any abd all words that have found there way into this world in the form of the written word rather it be on clay, parchment,  or digital, had made it's way into this realm by means of Man and through Man's will and desires and are no more the true words of the All Creator then the waters of the sea is dry? Or the desert Wasteland is wet?"...

Yes I just made that up but my point is to try not to stumble in your walk of understanding because you trip on the words and ideas and concepts of other men. 

Life is built on death.

Life and reality are a collective hunch.

Without known words, those hunches can never be expressed.

Regards

DL

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:53 PM, Alex said:

@Gnostic Christian Acknowledge the material world for what it is, if you pay attention and detach from it long enough you migth trancend it altogther. ;P

I have claimed apotheosis or theosis and have transcended to know that both the body, via the brain and mind are connected to all we can know.

That happened before I found this following Gnostic Christian view.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart.

Regards

DL

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:29 PM, RichardY said:

Bishop George Berkeley. Gets rid of the whole notion of materialism, all together. "To be, is to be Perceived."

Perception happens in our mind/consciousness. that is produced by our brains, which are matter and a part of materialism.

Please read the post just above to see what Gnostic Christian Jesus thought.

Regards

DL

6 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Perception happens in our mind/consciousness. that is produced by our brains, which are matter and a part of materialism.

@Gnostic Christian  On that note you may find this of interest.