GreenWoods

Lucid Dreaming as a tool for Enlightenment?

51 posts in this topic

I have 3 ideas (to apply while lucid dreaming):

1. Materialize 5-me0-dmt and take it

2. kill yourself. ( Purpose: 1. overcome the fear of dying. and 2. having an enlightenment experience)

3. Doing self inquiry and contemplate

Might they work?

1.Taking psychedelics while lucid dreaming might not change one's state of consciousness or it might require that you already had an enlightenment experience before (that your mind knows what to imagine). 

2. It might not be possible to kill yourself while in a lucid dream because the bullet or knife might just pass through your body without harming you. If you do manage to die, then you probably wake up instead of becoming God.

3. That should work:

Has anyone tried 1. or 2. in a lucid dream? Or has experience with lucid dreaming and might thus evaluate the probability whether they might work?

If it might work then it would be worth the time needed to develop the lucid dreaming skill.

I have been proficiently lucid dreaming since I was 15. Not sure if I should spoil it by answering your question or not

I became lucid a few nights ago and rather than chasing after a woman who was walking around, I stopped, stood still and meditated standing up with my eyes open. A few seconds later, I woke up and it was as if waking reality just materialised around me and I kind of fell into my bed but this was most likely me just raising my head when I woke. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

6 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@MAYA EL Any tips on how to become proficient? Can you essentially do whatever you want while dreaming?

It takes quite a while to build up your stamina if you want to call it that to where you can sustained lucid dreaming cuz usually in the beginning when you first start doing it you get real excited it's kind of like you realize you're in a dream boom I'll send your awareness is actually in the dream with you everything is more real than reality is and it's like you're on the timer you're getting more excited more excited more excited until you jolt yourself awake and this will happen a lot until finally you get used to lucid dreaming and it loses its virgin thrill and you're capable of keeping yourself calm but yes I've been in dreams before and realize that had the dream before so then all of a sudden like Thor's hammer my consciousness it's my dream body and I just stopped and said "wait! All of you stop what the f#&@ is this thing ment to mean?! I mean come on! We have been doing this crap for years now and I dont understand its symbolism!?" And the 8ft tall armored military guy thing with a humble voice said "huh? O it means ******( his voice got muted out) " and I said seriously y'all are going to do that to me and then somebody else tried to say it and it got muted out so I got pissed and did a Magneto from X-Men type of town compressing morphine Crush thing and Zach myself back in my body and woke up with unfortunately I woke up a little on the quick side and  scared my wife half to death lol . The other thing is it does not let you recuperate your energy something about your awareness having to relax is very important because when you are aware of yourself all day long and then do it at night you wake up feeling like you were thrown in the dryer with a sack of potatoes so I don't recommend all the time lol

7 hours ago, MAYA EL said:

Not sure if I should spoil it by answering your question or not

Please spoil it xD

Tibetans have already been doing this.

Study and practice Dream Yoga

15 hours ago, Shaun said:

A few seconds later, I woke up and it was as if waking reality just materialised around me and I kind of fell into my bed but this was most likely me just raising my head when I woke. 

That sounds cool 

2 hours ago, herghly said:

Tibetans have already been doing this.

Study and practice Dream Yoga

Thanks. 

I'm gonna try to develop the lucid dreaming skill and then see how it goes.

@herghly But I doubt that these monks materialize psychedelics and take them (while dreaming), or do they? Do you think that if they took psychedelics that they would have an effect?

In the dreaming state you are already in a state of super-consciousness. No drugs needed. The trick is to be clear enough to use the infinite potential of imagination. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

14 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

In the dreaming state you are already in a state of super-consciousness. No drugs needed. The trick is to be clear enough to use the infinite potential of imagination. 

????‍?

On 9/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

I didn't get it. But of course, you don't need psychedelics in a dream, you can just will/imagine the awakening into existence. But that's much harder (except you are an experienced lucid dreamer), so I guess psychedelics can be helpful.

Productive things to do in a lucid dream:

- Enlightenment

• Imagine/will an awakenig experience into existence
  • Psychedelics
  • Self-Inquiry, contemplation
  • Spiritual transmission by Jesus or God
  • consciously die, face the fear of death
  • DMT-Breathing
  • Channelling
  • find out the major block to you being enlightened in waking life

- Personal Development

• Shadow work
  • Face your fears
  • Try to directly programm your subconscious mind
  • Practice the law of attraction skill
  • practise becoming an occultist
  • Try to find your life purpose
  • Transform yourself into animals and other people
  • Die in a war and get tortured (to get more compassion and motivation to change something)
  • Ask for solutions to your and world's problems
  • try to access the collective unconscious to learn new stuff (very hard)
  • Try to locate your chakras
  • practice any skill you want
  • Lucid dreams are a very good starting point for astral projection and clear light sleep (sleep where you stay aware of awareness)

- Lucid Dreaming

• Dilate/slow down time (very hard, if possible at all)
  • Split your consciousness into several bodies and experience several dreams at once

- Means of achieving these things

• contemplate, materialize, become it
  • materialize a person/object that embodies it
  • ask a character or your subconscious
  • ask for a situation/event that teaches/shows/embodies it

I will address some of them in more detail (probably in this thread too).

In lucid dreams you can do everything you want, but most things are way easier to do/achieve than in this reality.

Feel free to add your ideas :)

Edited by GreenWoods

On 9/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, GreenWoods said:

Do you think that if they took psychedelics that they would have an effect?

Taking psychedelics in dreams definitely works.

A while ago I started another thread (https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/40352-psychedelics-in-lucid-dreams/ ) where I wrote about it, but this additional  thread is actually superfluous, so I just paste in here what I wrote there so all the information is in this thread:

"

Here are two links to forums where taking psychedelics in dreams is discussed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LucidDreaming/comments/68tk21/psychedelics_in_lucid_dreams/

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=8317

• advantages of taking psychedelics in dreams:

- legal

- no costs

- you can invent your own super-powerful substance

- very safe: overdosis and tough energetic experiences have probably no effect on waking life. Except the psychological component. If you can't handle it psycologically, then this will probably transfer to real life

- No effort to get the psychdelics

- No risk that the psychedelics are impure

- no tolerance build up, thus you can trip every night

- less fear and anxiety and thus less resistance because it is "just" a dream

- You can get familar with psychedelics this way before trying them in waking life. Especially helpful to help prepare for 5-meo-dmt and similarly powerful ones

• Disadvantages

- The trips are much shorter, as dreams are shorter. But if you are an experienced lucid dreamer, you can probably have lucid dreams 1-2 hours every night. And dreams often feel longer as they really are. 

- Many people report that the trips are not as powerful. But enlightenment experiences in dreams can be more deep than in real life. If I remember right, Leo said in a video (I think it was the DPT video) that after a DPT trip he had a dream where he had his deepest awakening up to this point 

- you have to learn how to lucid dream

- you have to rely on getting lucid in the dream 

- if you have never tripped before or never had an enlightenment experience through meditation, then it could be a bit challenging to create/imagine the enlightenment experience 

- If you are too excited about the trip, you might wake up prematurely. But if you are experienced, this can probably be prevented

"

I want to be aware of awareness as awareness while sleeping. Basically a completely blank state.

Let the body mind and sleep and be aware of sleeping.

Have you done it @GreenWoods?

Time Dilation

Most lucid dreamers are sure that time dilation in lucid dreams is not possible. But I believe that it might be. I'm not talking about "false memories" but about actually having more time in dreams.

I stumbled on a post by Mylynes in the forum dreamviews.com , he writes

QUOTE:

"

Using these 2 main techs in combination with many minor techs has allowed me to perceive many years of dream content in a mere 2 hours of sleep. I have also had times in which I have slept for over 24 hours and dreamed for what felt like hundreds of years, to the point where I had forgotten many things from irl. I felt as if I could remain their indefinitely (or near indefinitely) but I always choose to come back for some reason or other. These days, since I tend to spend much more time in my dreams than the waking world, instead of keeping a dream journal I keep a sort of thisworld journal which I use to keep from forgetting important things irl. I write before bed and read upon waking to reintegrate myself into this world.

Good luck with time dilation guys, from my experience it has mostly been simply a case of much practice and much trial and error.

"

His two main techniques are:

QUOTE:

"

The first is fairly simple, and anyone with enough dream control and control over their senses should be able to do with practice. Basically you split yourself into 2 separate dream bodies, separate awareness. Not mere clones but bodies with which you can perceive the world through separately. Both bodies have completely separate vision, hearing, touch, ect. If you can do this, then you can effectively split into 2 and have 2 completely separate dreams simultaneously. In short, you can have 2 full and separate dreams in the same time frame as you would normally only have 1 dream. You can then continue splitting your awareness to increase the amount of content that can be perceived in the same amount of time.

The other main tech I use, is I have 1 of my bodies meditate in the hyperbolic time chamber from dbz. This is much harder to explain but is based mostly on visualization (using HUD clocks) and feeling which I doubt I can explain better than the ear muscle explanation. This body attempts to slow down (or speed up depending on perspective) perceived time for all of my dream bodies simultaneously.

"

link: https://www.dreamviews.com/dream-control/101908-time-dilation-techniques-2.html (2nd page, 3rd post)

I see three possibilities:

a) he is lying. But I doubt that. perhaps 10%

b) it is possible, but only very few people are able to do it because of different brain chemistry, ect... perhaps 10%

c) It is possible for everyone but just EXTREMELY difficult. Perhaps 80%

If it is actually possible then that would be huge. You might quite literally become enlightened over night. You would have unlimited time to learn 100 instruments, practise social skills on billions of people or take millions of hours to find solutions to world's problems.

How to learn time dilating:

I guess your best bets are the above-mentioned techniques. I guess if you are serious about trying to learn them then you should be reliably getting lucid several times each night. I will post tomorrow what I think is the best approach for that.

24 minutes ago, fi1ghtclub said:

I want to be aware of awareness as awareness while sleeping. Basically a completely blank state.

Let the body mind and sleep and be aware of sleeping.

Have you done it @GreenWoods?

No, I haven't done that. I don't think it's worth the effort.  Even monks and yogis usually need years to achieve this. It would be non-dual but I don't think it's a super deep enlightened state. So putting your time in other approaches like lucid dreaming might be more time-efficient, but I have still too little understanding to make a reliable assumption. (btw lucid dreams are probably the best gateway to getting into this state where you are aware during non-REM sleep)

36 minutes ago, herghly said:

Tips on becoming lucid?

Yes, I'm gonna share it tomorrow 

@GreenWoods Is it possible to get so good at lucid dreaming that you can re-create a lord of the rings style battle and just put yourself in there fucking shit up. Also, can you work on sports while in a lucid dream and will it translate to real life performance?

@Raptorsin7 Yes, many people use lucid dream for manifestation, because reality works through experiences. What one has experienced before can be replicated much easier because they have the emotional memory of that experience. So by experiencing something in a dream and remembering the emotional frequency of that experience can lead to the manifestation of that experience in reality.