Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlphaAbundance

Fears of inaction, lack of motivation to live, survive, do anything aft enlightenment

10 posts in this topic

I feel afraid that when I become enlightened (either I die trying or die trying) I will lose the will to live, not want to do anything, lose the motivation to go to school. Drop out of school/college and work at McDonald's or just go sit and die somewhere and or ruin my life. I feel afraid that I won't have the motivation to complete a degree or go to work when I become enlightened. I am creating the limiting belief that I must become financially independent first before the work.

Also on a side note, is effort effortless once you are enlightened? Like running is effortless? Academic work is effortless? A job work is effortless?

Also when someone becomes enlightened what motivates them to become awaken deeper if they are already in pure bliss?

Edited by AlphaAbundance

"Your" ego feels afraid, that will change once "you" become enlightened. And all of this will be a soup of nonsense worrying. Don't assume what "you" will feel like when "you" become enlightened, Because it will not be the same "you". 

why do you seek enlightenment? that is what you must ask yourself 

questions those beliefs first before you question what you get out of it and what happens.  

@fridjonk Thank you but that doesnt change shit right now:S when I am unenlightened. Can you address my fears?

@Aakash I pursue enlightenment because it believe it will solve all my problems, believe it is the most meaningful/valuable thing to do in life and bleieve it will bring nirvana/bliss

Will I even care about happiness/bliss, feeling happy/joy when I am enlightened?

@AlphaAbundance A then seeker now enlightened master came to Nisargadatta Maharaj.Maharaj was asking about him then immediately asked him to study well get qualified got him admitted to a college - saying you think spirituality is hearing speeches singinging bajans and glorifying god.

Go do your duty.Continue the practices.Take care of your family and as well contribute to humanity.

Though Maharaj was not educated.

Enlightenment is not dyeing enlightenment is merging with the universe.

Enlightenment is realising truth oneness reality.

Enlightenment is just absence of personal identity which is nothing but suffering.

Enlightenment is not sitting idle and doing nothing.

Action duties responsibilities everything will go has to happen who will feed you provide shelter health needs or your family needs but there will no you doing that.

No need to afraid of death etc - the word death is misleading.

Karma yoga is doing duties with atmost responsibility and perfection.

Enlightenment is not bliss.Bliss is a stage in savikalpa samadhi.You are not that.

On 2019-09-11 at 2:31 AM, AlphaAbundance said:

Also on a side note, is effort effortless once you are enlightened? Like running is effortless? Academic work is effortless? A job work is effortless?

Life becomes effortless because there is no longer the ability or need to force things. That movement dissolve. What's left is a flow with lifes ups and downs.

I've had a couple of peak experiences where the ego dissolved away, seemingly at least. But each time I return to normal followed by a massive ego backlash. Quite recent one lasted a good 4 hours or more. During that I still had motivation to work on my personal goals. It seemed quite obvious at the time. The thinking went something like this. What else would I do? Reality didn't change, I was still looking through the eyes of the guy that was being me and there were still hands and feet dangling below. I couldn't float out of the body or do supernatural things. I wanted every being to live a fulfilling purposeful life including the guy that was being me. So why would I not do this for the guy that was being me? I felt empathy towards everyone but I could see that there was not much I could really do to help others. Helping others is even more difficult than helping yourself and I don't have a lot of wisdom or material things to give yet, I couldn't do much right now.

And I realized that the reason I was trying to reach enlightenment was because I wanted the benefits. I wanted to be more wise, escape suffering, feel good emotions or "bliss", have insights how we should run society, not be afraid of death etc. I wanted benefits for the "ego". See the contradiction?

And right now I don't want to seek enlightenment anymore. Because if I'm honest with myself I want financial independence, good relationships, family etc more. And I know that I don't need enlightenment for that. I'm still curious about the truth but I can appreciate now how difficult and tricky it is. It would takes minimum multiple years of dedication to get a proper grasp of, not even talking about mastery. And I don't want to do that right now. I will likely revisit in 5+ years when I'm more mature.

It has occurred to me that it might be an elaborate ego deception to prevent me from doing the work right now. But my gut is telling me leave it for now.

What's left is a flow with lifes ups and downs

What do you think this "flow" is? Sorry to break your bubble, but if you are going after enlightenment because you want this "flow" in your life then you are in for a disappointment. That "flow" is still you. No one is coming to take care of your life. If you just want to let everything go and go with the flow of external forces you can do so right now. But that's not what you want.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:31 PM, AlphaAbundance said:

I feel afraid that when I become enlightened (either I die trying or die trying) I will lose the will to live, not want to do anything, lose the motivation to go to school. Drop out of school/college and work at McDonald's or just go sit and die somewhere and or ruin my life. I feel afraid that I won't have the motivation to complete a degree or go to work when I become enlightened. I am creating the limiting belief that I must become financially independent first before the work.

Do both. Recognize excuses as, just excuses. No need for an enlightenment thought story. Have a laugh. 

Also on a side note, is effort effortless once you are enlightened?

This is already the case - yet sometimes you hold perspectives which do not feel good to you. You’re free to do that. 

Like running is effortless?

Yep. 

Academic work is effortless?

Yep. 

A job work is effortless?

Yep. 

Also when someone becomes enlightened what motivates them to become awaken deeper if they are already in pure bliss?

Self Discovery (The Self is Infinite)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE