CreamCat

Do I need to learn statistics if I want to integrate Yellow?

14 posts in this topic

I heard that one needs to learn a college semester's worth of statistics if one wants to integrate Yellow.

Edited by CreamCat

You can be a Yellow toll taker on Golden-gate bridge and know nothing about statistics. Consciousness not education determines the growth in the spiral. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I think having a basic understanding of statistics is very important for expanding consciousness. There are many useful distinctions to learn from there.

Its not so much about what you do... Its about your values, Yellow is about objectivity, multiple perspectives and unorthodox ways of thinking.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Study the theory and big picture of everything you encounter...

Understand the essence, not the details. The devil is in the details.

Okay to study details, especially if a particular field interests you...

Details are never necessary though.

God can stare at a giant canvas of abstract art for eternity if it wishes,

understanding nothing.

Depends on what type of yellow you want to be. Leonardo da Vinci didn't know statistics and he was yellow.

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Depends on what type of yellow you want to be. Leonardo da Vinci didn't know statistics and he was yellow.

According to SD founders, Yellow meme started appearing only 50 years ago, I been thinking alot about that... There clearly was Yellow thinkers before that... but how could there have been if the foundations like Orange and Green hadnt appeared... There wasnt any Green meme back in the Renaissance... Anyway, interesting thought, I guess there are exceptions to everything. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

18 minutes ago, Rilles said:

According to SD founders, Yellow meme started appearing only 50 years ago, I been thinking alot about that... There clearly was Yellow thinkers before that... but how could there have been if the foundations like Orange and Green hadnt appeared... There wasnt any Green meme back in the Renaissance... Anyway, interesting thought, I guess there are exceptions to everything. 

I think by "first appearing", they mean a threshold amount of people. Leonardo da Vinci was way ahead of his time, yet it would be misleading to say that yellow first appeared 500 years ago. I'm sure there were a few yellows scattered around the world through history.

On 9/5/2019 at 11:26 AM, Serotoninluv said:

I think by "first appearing", they mean a threshold amount of people. Leonardo da Vinci was way ahead of his time, yet it would be misleading to say that yellow first appeared 500 years ago. I'm sure there were a few yellows scattered around the world through history.

After reading meditations, I'm pretty sure Marcus Aurelias was straight yellow. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

In one semester you would only learn the very basics.

After you get a masters degree in statistics you will see how most statistics should never be used to undermine a hypothesis because of how flawed they are. You will learn how to apply math to statistics and how to work with probabilities. In the end its just models tho. A lot of sophisticated models that try to make statistics less flawed. Like every subject in university its like masturbating.

As for stage yellow, everything that broadens your perspective is good. But its not a guarantee. There are many people who have a master in statistics and are not yellow and vice versa.

9 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

@TheAvatarState I recall leo saying he was blue

On 9/5/2019 at 11:26 AM, Serotoninluv said:

....if he said that, it's way off the mark. Yeah he mentioned "justice" a lot, but he referred to it in the cosmic sense of duty, not as a dogmatic following of tradition. He was a systems thinker. Quite remarkable for 2000 years ago, I highly recommend reading Meditations. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState will do. Its been sitting on my shelf. Ive been wanting to find some inspiring yellow thinkers 

Edited by d0ornokey

It is not what you learn that matters the most, it is HOW you think. 

Adding new stuff has some benefits, but you should focus more on how you process information. Content doesn’t matter.