Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlphaAbundance

Still no satisfactory answer to why not kill yourself for enlightenment?

7 posts in this topic

I've researched in this forum and the things mind-body complexes have said are

There is some value to enlightenment as a physical being?

• Quite frankly is it better than full ego death after physical death if not than who gives a shit? (All this better experience shit is probably ego)

Why cash a lottery ticket 80 years from now when you can now

• Yeah you would cashing in that lottery ticket by blowing your brains out

The only reason that I'm here right now is because I am only 95% sure about enlightenment stuff with few breakthroughs/insights, meditative moments and even if I was 100% sure about enlightment with an mystical experience --> I am still uncertain if this is the best way to go about this.

It's similar to asking religious people if there is heaven after life why not blow there brains out (except they have the explanation that it is a sin to kill yourself meaning u now go to hell)

Someone clarify this please

Awakening can be thought of as removing ignorance.
Ignorance stems from finitude (being bound by something greater), and this finitude is two-fold:

1. First phase is about removal of mistaken beliefs about reality that cloud your perception of truth.
    These beliefs are created because you are bound by the ego and can't look past your identification.
    You only care about 'yourself' and your mind is severely limited in what it is able to consider.
    This 'psychological clensing' ultimately leads to the second phase - ego death.
  2. The second phase is about removal, or seeing past, the ego and finding new ways of relating with the world as you.
    This is when non-duality starts and is what I found to be generally referred to as 'enlightenment'.
  3. The third phase deals with the deeper limitation that stems from your 1st ignorance (egoic perception).
    By perceiving yourself egoically, you have contaminated your body in various ways that predispose you to certain behaviors.
    The process of dealing with this limitation, ignorance, is cleansing. I would imagine, this cleansing ultimately leads to physical death, probably through mahasamadhi.

The reason to not kill body is dependent on the stage you're currently in.
If you're still bound by the ego, then you are so ignorant that you have no idea what you're doing. Literally.

As you remove your mistaken beliefs and are able to see past your ego - the life gradually improves until it literally becomes pure bliss.
At that point, there is no reason whatsoever to kill yourself because this place is heaven already and you're going to see what physical death is like anyways.

Not going through all of that and killing yourself outright is done out of ignorance. Killing yourself through cleansing is not something that is done out of fear, hate, suffering and so forth. It is a natural process that is lead by your desire to feel better. Obviously, I'm not physically dead, so it's a speculation on my part. It is however an extrapolation heavily grounded in experience.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Death is a fantasy. You cannot kill yourself because you are immortal. All you can do is change forms.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Death is a fantasy. You cannot kill yourself because you are immortal. All you can do is change forms.

Ironically if he was truly conscious of this he would probably be woke.

@AlphaAbundance realize that death is a concept in your mind.  It doesn't exist so therefore the option itself will collapse (its a duality) and you will be God awakening to itself.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Of course you can kill yourself and become God whenever you want, no one is stopping it from you (except for people stuck in the dual and who think it is wrong)

But still it is not the full answer. 

Duality is a a gift. It is not as boring as the nondual. That is why God decieved himself and contracted his consciousness into a person, human, or animal so he could escape himself from himself and experience the great beauty and value of a human life, the love, sorrow, hatred, jealousy, strife, suffering, bliss, gratitude of having lived as a human and having loved your loved ones, your spouse, your parents, your mother, although they are not real, but still a momentary escape to that special connection is what God wants.

If you experience the non-dual while being in the dual, you can have the best of both worlds, you can have a synergestic effect.

Full blown nothingness is a great thing, but living in the junction of the dual and non-dual isn't a bad experience either.

And if you kill yourself again not having realized yourself, then chances are you will again decieve yourself and be reborn again into something which you intruth are actually not, and you will be running around in this duality for god knows how long untill slowly you start to question who you really are. 

The only reason the nondual is sought, is to take a break from the suffering of duality which might be (percieved as) unbearable. It's like in a dream a tiger is about to kill you, and awakening is like "Chill out, this is just a dream". However if you are enjoying this dream (which is the purpose of self deception, suffering is the side effect), then non-dual is useless. If in the dual you feel great because you feel like you are the most smartest, handsomest, talented etc person in the world, then nonduality destroys this dream and you are back to non duality and you go "Wow, I wish this was real. It was such a beautiful dream"

Also do you see the connections between, suffering, seeking the nondual and suicide?

Why do people commit suicide? To end their suffering.
Why do people want a escape to the nondual? To end their suffering.

Seeking nondual turns you into a God and ends suffering.
Suicide turns you into a God and ends suffering.

Non-dual =  Suicide (of the dual)

Suffering is the side effect of the pleasure of the dual. Arthur Schopenhauer used to say that humans are capable of great suffering because they are capable of great pleasure. While animals or lesser forms (which Schopenhauer calls the brutes, who live only moment to moment, suffer moment to moment and have pleasure moment to moment, contrast to that of human) can have neither or lesser of the 2, their experience is not as intense as that of the human.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Well Leo is a solipsist, he can use any word salads he wants in order to deny this but it's true. With that, I don't think a lot of what he says is true. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”