Shqipe

What does Leo mean with "you are alone in the universe"

39 posts in this topic

This statement has caught my interest and been thinking about it. Alone? But there are other living beings here. Trees. humans and animals etc.

You are the universe, yes but other people are conscious too in my universe?

Edited by Shqipe

I think it’s a way to pry the mind loose from certain perceptions. On a higher level of existence, God is alone in the sense that it does not have an opposite, nor are there multiple “infinite Gods”, since the term “God” covers literally all that is in every dimension. On an individual level, beings such as humans are not alone in the sense that there are no other conscious beings other than yourself. All beings possess the one consciousness of God. My guess is that Leo has used statements such as “there are no other humans other than you” and “you are alone in the universe” to challenge your perspective on interpersonal perception.

You are God and God is one and so you are alone. The "many" or "other" is an illusion. It's all God.:)

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

You are God and God is one and so you are alone. The "many" or "other" is an illusion. It's all God.:)

There's a way to try and Language it, like the others. Yep.

The thing is, is that Understanding the very question of the Topic Starter is the very Question Itself. Untying that Knot is going all the way to "Z"

When I first heard Leo say this, it did frighten me. This is especially the case since I deal with anxiety and depression. Ultimately, this is nothing to be concerned or confused about, and here’s why.

All my life I’ve been searching for a feeling of belonging and approval. All those times have failed, because I was not being my true self. I created an ego that always felt incomplete, always needed a sense of security from “others”, always had to please them (and my ego at the same time ;)). I had to constantly search for that feeling of completeness from the external world. The more I couldn’t find that, the more my life went downhill.

It’s impossible for the ego to ever be fully satisfied. It needs a feeling of separation and a neediness to be in control of what’s happening for it to thrive. The ego works in very sneaky ways; it’s a trickster and will confuse you far more than the statement of “you are alone in the universe”.

What changed my life, so to speak, is having a few glimpses of being “alone”. That’s when I realized that what I’ve been searching for was here all along. 

To fully understand what Leo means by “you are alone in the universe”, you must surrender to the Truth (which is You!). Not some of your ego, not 99.999% of it, but the entire damn thing! There’s no mental answer that will satisfy this question. All questions about “you are alone in the universe” will drop into nothingness. Until then, keep on searching until you are complete and there’s no doubt that you are alone in the universe. 

Being alone is actually freedom, not confinement. 

(Btw I’m not saying that I’m enlightened at all, but it is certainly possible to get a glimpse of what he’s talking about. This on its own will motivate and inspire you.)

Great @AlldayLoop. Very clear explanation. I liked it. Thanks for clarifying that. Ego is sneaky, that's very true.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

One's very Experience reveals this. Stick very very scrupulously to experience...

Or sever that which is responsible for that which becomes severed?

As in loose your head?

Edited by Jack River

31 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Great @AlldayLoop. Very clear explanation. I liked it. Thanks for clarifying that. Ego is sneaky, that's very true.

No problem!

I also did want to clarify one more point. There’s no need to condemn the ego. That will actually be counterproductive. This is why Love is talked about so much on this forum. 

That which can Love unconditionally, that is You!

4 hours ago, Michael Paul said:

I think it’s a way to pry the mind loose from certain perceptions. On a higher level of existence, God is alone in the sense that it does not have an opposite, nor are there multiple “infinite Gods”, since the term “God” covers literally all that is in every dimension. On an individual level, beings such as humans are not alone in the sense that there are no other conscious beings other than yourself. All beings possess the one consciousness of God. My guess is that Leo has used statements such as “there are no other humans other than you” and “you are alone in the universe” to challenge your perspective on interpersonal perception.

This explanation makes the greatest sense.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Although “beings” don’t posses the one consciousness of god. YOU posses the appearance of beings. 

You are not alone in the universe. The universe is a manifestation or movement of that which is ALONE.

Good replies here. Definitely removed some heavy brain fog about this.

2 minutes ago, Shqipe said:

Good replies here. Definitely removed some heavy brain fog about this.

Haha, expect more of them in the form of ego backlash. It’s part of the process ;)

Edited by AlldayLoop

Alone is also a concept. So....

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Self/other is a duality.

You are imagining all beings, including yourself. Living beings have no reality whatsoever. This includes you.

When this is realized, you will be totally alone in the universe. No one can help you, no one can tell you whether you've gone insane. No one can comfort you. Other than yourself.

At this point the notion of reality entirely collapses. You are no long able to distinguish what is real or unreal because there is no difference. Your entire life collapses into oblivion and you find yourself dead yet still somehow conscious.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Self/other is a duality.

You are imagining all beings, including yourself. Living beings have no reality whatsoever. This includes you.

When this is realized, you will be totally alone in the universe. No one can help you, no one can tell you whether you've gone insane. No one can comfort you. Other than yourself.

At this point the notion of reality entirely collapses. You are no long able to distinguish what is real or unreal because there is no difference. Your entire life collapses into oblivion and you find yourself dead yet still somehow conscious.

And this is desirable? Doesn't sound desirable. 

9 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

It's actual Paradise.

If you only knew, it would kill you.

You have to appreciate that since the devil has co-opted your mind, what you find desirable is precisely the opposite of Paradise. Why are you so gullible as to trust your desires? Haven't you realized yet that desire is how the devil manipulates you?

You gonna keep allowing the devil to make a cuck out of you?

Remember, Truth is an acquired taste. To a devil, Truth tastes bitter.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

"It's all Love" ??

(I don't agree that it's all Love.)

This too is Love!:x

35 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Name me at least one thing in your life that that has fulfilled you at all times unconditionally. 

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You gonna keep allowing the devil to make a cuck out of you?

Please put this exact quote in your book :D

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Indeed, to the ego it sounds quite frightening. That’s because the ego is one on many threads which Is directly related to all other threads. The ego depends on its own configuration of reality in order to perpetuate its own apparent existence. The ego and reality are a packaged deal?