Western Buddha

Best book for stopping comparing my self to others?

7 posts in this topic

does anyone here knows a good book for stop comparing my self to others? 

I think this is a normal issue. I think you just have to manifest abundance and confidence. That and learning to be happy for others. 

IMG_0673.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

not a book but what helped me at the time:
-being busy with your purpose, pursuing your passions
-being genuinely happy
-doing something you are proud of

also self-love and self-acceptance are huge factors

Edited by OmniYoga

Uncontrolled thought causes self Consciousness. 

You can think all you want, but if you are not very skilled at understanding your mind, everytime you go into a social enviroment with brainstorming momentum that you created while being alone, you will be percieved as an introvert by others, thou triggering unto you that frame of mind even if you are an extrovert. 

Notice, if you enter a social enviroment in a relaxed zen state of mind and very present, your mind won't trigger self conciousness. Your attention to the moment won't give space to the mind to judge. By which, other people will percieve you as social and trigger that frame into your unconcious, making you feel even more carefree. 

Tip: Prepare yourself to enter social enviorments in relaxed zen States, while being present on your body. Then always socialize first with people you are close in order to warm up and calm your subconscious. After that you will feel carefree to talk to anyone.

Try to forget about the place you are going by focusing on something completely different a few hours before the event. This will create momentum for your mind to enter a short term frame (bubble) of mind for a while. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

The holy Qur'an.

Lol, just kidding.. Read Meditations from Marcus Arelius. The stoics are great on this