Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Natasha

Extraordinary Ordinariness

21 posts in this topic

Simplicity, contentment, being are life's best joys

@Natasha Lol this is just a down-right lie, I haven't watched the video but people shouldn't accept mediocre results when they are exceptional human beings as soon as they are born. 

We need inspiring people, not limiting-beliefs that are predicated on fear

Edited by Aakash

@Natasha Yeah its a very accurate video, its a cultural issue which needs to change, exceptionalism should be the norm, rather than being special is what i should have said. If your stuggling to be exceptional, then there should be help given by society if it manages to become caring. This video is accurate for this day and age and quite practical information. 

What i was saying was exceptionalism, is what is in the video 

sorry, i should have watched the video ahaha, i just don't like people believing in limiting-beliefs

@Aakash Yeah there are a lot of exceptional people who choose to live very ordinary lives. They live on their own terms, not according to the society's or someone else's expectations.

@Natasha exceptional people live exceptional lives? creating painting and amazing artwork is not an ordinary life? 

11 minutes ago, Natasha said:

They live on their own terms, not according to the society's or someone else's expectations.

This is again an exceptional life LOL 

i don't see how this can be an ordinary life

Just now, Aakash said:

@Natasha exceptional people live exceptional lives? creating painting and amazing artwork is not an ordinary life? 

This is again an exceptional life LOL 

i don't see how this can be an ordinary life

That's why I said extraordinarily ordinary ;)

Nice video, I have a friend who had one year of residency left from becoming a doctor and quit to become a cashier and father.  He is much happier this way.

Edited by SerpaeTetra

A great exercise I’ve done is each day take a couple of minutes to realize the extraordinary in the ordinary. For example, I might be walking by some ordinary wild flowers in nature. I’ll pause and for a few minutes closely observe.  I begin to notice all sorts of amazing things. The color patterning, the integration of symmetry and asymmetry, the highly detailed and intricate structure, it’s relationship with pollinating insects, it’s energy and essence. It’s impossible, yet happening. I’m blown away by the extraordinary nature of the ordinary. I’ve found intentionally doing this each day for a couple minutes has opened up doors and helped my sense of appreciation and well-being in life.

@SerpaeTetra Yes. There was a study where people on their death bed were asked what their biggest regrets in life were. Here's the scoop 

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

A great exercise I’ve done is each day take a few to realize the extraordinary in the ordinary. For example, I might be walking by some ordinary wild flowers in nature. I’ll pause and for a few minutes closely observe it. I begin to notice all sorts of amazing things. The color patterning, the integration of symmetry and asymmetry. it’s highly detailed and intricate structure, it’s relationship with with pollinating insects, millions of years of evolution that led to this, it’s energy and essence. It’s impossible, yet happening. I’m blown away by the extraordinary nature of the ordinary. I’ve found intentionally doing this each day for a couple minutes has opened up doors and helped my sense of appreciation and well-being in life.

That's beautiful. I noticed I've been doing the same. Being able to see magic in seemingly ordinary things is a special gift indeed.

Man my relativity must be skewed so much recently. I genuinely thought that we all understood this is ordinary stuff LOL and we are trying to create an extroordinary life x this extraordinary ordinary life! 

TWO TIMES EXTRAORDINARY ordinary LIFESTYLE ahaha

great thread reminder though! Should have more of these inspirational threads via mods ;) 

if mods posted more new threads, the forum would be 3 x greater through group thinking and paradigm challenging. 

Edited by Aakash

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

@SerpaeTetra Yes. There was a study where people on their death bed were asked what their biggest regrets in life were. Here's the scoop 

There is also a book about it from an australian woman who worked in palliative care.

The 5 things are:

-Not having the courage to live your own life

-Not staying in touch with friends

-Working too much

-Not expressing emotions

-Posting videos without any context, thoughts or discussion in online forums

4 hours ago, Natasha said:

@Aakash Yeah there are a lot of exceptional people who choose to live very ordinary lives. They live on their own terms, not according to the society's or someone else's expectations.

I agree but the paradox is you need huge power to live on your own terms. This means there is an obligation to act.

And I believe that for instance it is true normal life or being a 'character' it's fairy tail at the end of the day. If you become elon musk you would see there is nothing better than being yourself. ( Replace the name with whoever inspire you )

But as long as we live we should try our best. Being healthy and balanced is a part of the work too. Life is not a linear homework.

Living happy is a good goal. As long as you can/we maintain it.

Means It's cool and nice as long as the biggest ego in town don't decide to shit in your garden.

37 minutes ago, universe said:

There is also a book about it from an australian woman who worked in palliative care.

The 5 things are:

-Not having the courage to live your own life

-Not staying in touch with friends

-Working too much

-Not expressing emotions

-Posting videos without any context, thoughts or discussion in online forums

The 5th one was  - I wish I had let myself be happier

31 minutes ago, Aeris said:

I agree but the paradox is you need huge power to live on your own terms. This means there is an obligation to act.

Just to give one example, I decided a while ago I'm not going to celebrate Christmas the traditional way. Some people thought I was rude or weird, others thought I'd become a Jahovah Witness lol. I didn't have to do what the society and people around expected of me. I might go to a Christmas sing along, watch favorite Christmas shows at home, have a meal with family and friends. I dropped decorating and all that neurotic shopping and gift giving thing. Now I'm free to enjoy it on my terms and care less what anybody else thinks of that. And if I wanted to sleep through the whole Christmas eve and day or devote that time to doing my art, I would do it too :D

6 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Just to give one example, I decided a while ago I'm not going to celebrate Christmas the traditional way. Some people thought I was rude or weird, others thought I'd become a Jahovah Witness lol. I didn't have to do what the society and people around expected of me. I might go to a Christmas sing along, watch favorite Christmas shows at home, have a meal with family and friends. I dropped decorating and all that neurotic shopping and gift giving thing. Now I'm free to enjoy it on my terms and care less what anybody else thinks of that. And if I wanted to sleep through the whole Christmas eve and day or devote that time to doing my art, I would do it too :D

There is always cons/pro but as long as it make sense to your own vision and values.

Many bad choices we do is for being a part of a collective. Self survival strategy ? Your society and country allow you aswell to think how you wish. But this is not the current défault state.

Your mind is king but we are still all drifting and sometimes I hate the unconsciously collective.

But we do like rituals as human for instance. Shapes change not the depth

Love this vid @Natasha

Especially the bit about how we are the products of our parents' hopes and dreams. I've realised the value in my life is my life, it's all around us but we're so caught up in what's not there we dont see it. 

4 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

Especially the bit about how we are the products of our parents' hopes and dreams

Yeah that's the part I also could relate to. Took me years to undo the parental conditioning.

31 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Many bad choices we do is for being a part of a collective. Self survival strategy ?

Yes, of course. It takes guts to go against the grain, the ego always wants to feel validated and accepted, even to it's own detriment.