Solonius

Make politics chimpery again

13 posts in this topic

Can we please go back to where politics was just 2 chimps flinging  shit at each other from their cages.

You think elections have a real effect on the world? Its an illusion of choice. America is a corporatism not a democracy. 

Corporations back candidates and expect kick backs when they get into office. They also control the media and what we see. Now how would we truly know if a candidate is authentic and not some corporate puppet like so many are?  

I don't believe in democracy. But passive tyranny ain't that bad for me so far

@Solonius Vote for a candidate that doesn't take money from corporations, then. Vote for Bernie Sanders.

Edited by Apparation of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Solonius

This idea has always been interesting to me. I don't believe in election or democracy. I believe that there are deeper layers of government that almost nobody knows about but you can know a little about them if you research (this is the case in my country, and where I live is clearly a dictatorship where everyone freely elects the same President ?), and that those people are the ones who pull the strings.

Those who are in power will never let anyone else share their power.

I believe that politics is just a red herring, and that it's something to convince people that democracy is real.

Edited by Truth Addict

I would enforce everyone to get a 'I learnt politics certificate before voting

They do have an effect but your one vote changes nothing

@Truth Addict

yes they want us to believe it is a democracy but it is not ... It is the same in my country people elect whoever big corporations want them to elect and it works every time ... America is a plutocracy and it is the same everywhere ...

http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/major-study-finds-that-the-us-is-an-oligarchy-2014-4@Shiva and I can give you plenty of substance if you are interested ... It is sort of obvious everywhere in the world at least in my European country it is exactly the same thing ...The only fact that 99% of medias  are owned by big corporations is kind of worrisome don’t you think ...?

A world where less than 60 people hold more wealth than rest of the world population, creating heaven on earth is another cock and bull story. Cool story bro!

As long as there is one selfish prick alive, the world will never be heaven. Whereas, we now got almost 8 billion. Only a deeply enlightened being can transcend his/her own selfishness. Now if the world was full of enlightened people, human race would eventually go extinct as they are not so hung up on survival and passing off their genes.

So it turns out the world will either always remain a hell(A progressively well decorated hell, wink wink) or go extinct; never a heaven

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

51 minutes ago, Shiva said:

But an educated person should know to assess the credibility of a source of information.

All sources distort the truth, not necessarily for profit, but objectivity is impossible. You can't know what the truth is through the media, no matter how educated you are. Plus, there are many of the things that they dismiss on purpose on the media, let alone the blindspots that they don't know about.

To me, media's objectivity can't get higher than 50%, considering that you're very aware and that you're taking multiple sources into account.

@Preetom Enlightened people have desires. They're not soulless robots.

Heaven on earth is possible without the extinction of humanity.

Edited by Truth Addict

6 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Preetom Enlightened people have desires. They're not soulless robots.

Heaven on earth is possible, without the extinction of humanity.

giphy.gif

Anyway on a sidenote, if you still think one needs desires in order to have a soul or feel alive then you might wanna check again what you mean by the soul.

''I'll turn into a soulless robot without my desires, attachments and preferences'' ------> 99.9999% hold this view.

It would be a shame if you too hold that view after all this self help, spirituality, contemplation and breakthroughs.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom

I prefer living in that dream, better than living in your nightmare :P

Devilry is temporary, it will eventually inevitably end.

10 minutes ago, Preetom said:

giphy.gif

Anyway on a sidenote, if you still think one needs desires in order to have a soul or feel alive then you might wanna check again what you mean by the soul.

''I'll turn into a soulless robot without my desires, attachments and preferences'' ------> 99.9999% hold this view.

It would be a shame if you too hold that view after all this self help, spirituality, contemplation and breakthroughs.

What are you talking about?

I was referring to your claim that humanity would go extinct if everyone had become enlightened.

Enlightened people have sexual desires, we're animals after all. Enlightenment won't castrate us, don't worry.

The enlightenment that goes against nature and evolution is not true enlightenment.

Edited by Truth Addict

25 minutes ago, Preetom said:

A world where less than 60 people hold more wealth than rest of the world population, creating heaven on earth is another cock and bull story. Cool story bro!

As long as there is one selfish prick alive, the world will never be heaven. Whereas, we now got almost 8 billion. Only a deeply enlightened being can transcend his/her own selfishness. Now if the world was full of enlightened people, human race would eventually go extinct as they are not so hung up on survival and passing off their genes.

So it turns out the world will either always remain a hell(A progressively well decorated hell, wink wink) or go extinct; never a heaven

science destroy humans and we transcend in a body full of serotonine and without needs.

see there is a possibility, maybe not for us, but in 500 years.