The Don

Does praying to God work?

28 posts in this topic

@abrakamowse I really do not know anymore. I stopped praying probably ten years ago. I do want things to happen, but if it is not meant to be, nothing I can do about it. 

It is all stipulated by your faith. One must understand God first. That is my only desire. I truly want to know what reality is.  

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

2 hours ago, Galyna said:

@abrakamowse I really do not know anymore. I stopped praying probably ten years ago. I do want things to happen, but if it is not meant to be, nothing I can do about it. 

It is all stipulated by your faith. One must understand God first. That is my only desire. I truly want to know what reality is.  

I got you. Same thing with me. You just have to follow your heart, right now I am more inclined to do meditation than prayer, but sometimes it comes to me and I want to pray a bit. I had really powerful insights and epiphanies asking with prayer.

But we have to let our intuition guide us to the best way to know what reality is, we all have different experiences and we will find God (our true self/nature) differently.

;)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Yep prayer works. Although see all that bullshit Christian prayers etc and religious prayers, and praying styles...yeah they're shite. Won't do anything. 2 this game I'll say about prayer

1; dont use the word prayer, and dont use any religious symbols. You have to find good for yourself. Assume everything else is incorrect until you experience it yourself.

2; The most important part of prayer is the part literally 99% of people forget about. Prayer is meant to be a conversation not a voicemail. God will speak back to you and tell you incredible things. He tells me future all the time. 

This is actually by far my most powerful insight and my most favorite topic. If you truly keep seeking the ability to hear the voice of the infinite one, you will get slower better at discerning his voice. I describe it as an "inner knowing." But the value I've got from being able to hear god clearly is absolutely priceless to me. I remember one time God literally spoke straight into my heart and said "listen to leo" AHAHAH

@Aaron p Thanks Aaron for sharing!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 7/18/2019 at 11:20 PM, The Don said:

Would God hear my prayers? Would God respond to me as a smaller, inferior and limited being?

I was wondering if it's possible to communicate with God. ;)

What are your thoughts on this?

yes of course. God will hear your prayer. he will respond to you. pray fervently and develop a strong will. Power until it becomes addiction. God is the sprit. he communicate with and will help you, regardless of your Religious traditions, culture, institution, or agency or etc. 

On 7/19/2019 at 3:36 AM, Leo Gura said:

You are God!

Yes, prayer works, but you must be conscious that you are praying to yourself.

You also need to have a proper understanding of what "works" means in this context. Don't be praying for material stuff or the fulfillment of egoic needs. Pray for selflessness and unconditional love. Prayer for the end of your devilry.

Prayers needs long term hard efforts like building muscle in gym, high quality prayer is the best thing to do after developing the habit and the addiction. prayer is same as eating food or muscle building. 

Watch the video in my signature from 12:35 onward for a couple minutes. I describe a palpable experience with prayer which was quite amazing. It’s not some magic reality manipulation machine. It’s more about sharing your love with those who need it and aligning with LOA better than getting gifts for yourself. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

besides do not say I am God it will create cognitive dissonance. 

Quaker style prayer / worship chimes best for me. Not just talking at God, but spending most of the time emptying myself out and listening. Waiting on God, waiting for the Holy Spirit to come and fill me up, merge with me. Remember we have two eyes, two ears but only one mouth lol <3 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)