Jacobsrw

3 month Cold Shower Report

14 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

So I thought it may be of some benefit to share my recent 3 month experience of taking cold showers everyday. This I did in winter and had fully cold throughout the entire duration of the shower. I have currently stopped them for a few weeks and plan on recommencing them very soon.

Here are some of the things that came from my recent experience of cold showers:

Heightened Sense of Body Awareness and Surrounding Awareness- As the senses become hyper engaged taking a cold shower, I noticed it further influenced this throughout my daily experiences. I was able to be more in touch with the physical sensations and activity of the body.

Increased Awareness and Sense of Being- cold showers revealed to me how much mindless activity occurs within. It ripped me out of the circularity of my minds incessancy and positioned me into a more conscious and observant state. I was able to more easily detach from thoughts and concepts.

Elevation of Intuition- A great deal of intuitive intelligence seemed to pervade my experiences when taking cold showers. I would experience things beyond my thoughts and bind with indescribable senses. Powerful insights came with ease and without the need for thinking. I had a more fluid approach to my days yet this fluidity had within it great stability.

Developed Stoicism and Tolerance- I became more equipped with the ability to become impartial to external adversities that occur in my experiences. I noticed I was able to simultaneously seperate from my situations occurring around me yet have them more self conducted. I felt less controlled by situations yet more control while immersed within them.

Solidified Habits- Cold showers also seemed to create stable activity. It influenced the permutation of more positive daily habits. I found myself more capable of doing other powerful habits throughout the day as it Laura the prior foundation. Kept me in check and assisted my focus.

These are just some of the benefits a had from having cold showers. They are truly powerful if you fully engage with them experientially. Do breathing exercises and just feel into the full intensity of the sensations while having them. I had a morning routine of meditating and journaling after cold showers so this also enhanced results. I highly recommend this habit and implore people to apply it to see what growth can be had.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@Jacobsrw

1 hour ago, Jacobsrw said:

Solidified Habits- Cold showers also seemed to create stable activity. It influenced the permutation of more positive daily habits. I found myself more capable of doing other powerful habits throughout the day as it Laura the prior foundation. Kept me in check and assisted my focus.

Totally agree, i have been doing cold showers lately as well.

It's a great tool for kicking out of the confort zone, it get us used to stay unconfortable.

I had great bennefits with my shyness problem thanks to this.

The problem is doing it on cold days lol

I've been also doing cold showers every single day since January. If I'm being honest, I haven't experienced anything out of ordinary. It gives me a little bit of energy boost after I'm done and it's pretty cool but basically that's it.

Plus, my beard is softer and more manageable :D

But hey, good for you!

Edited by nistake

@AudibleLocket I love doing them on cold days because you feel the cold less when outside, which is almost all year for me. But it definitely makes it harder to start them. 

@nistake

Thats great! They are kind of like a introspective energy field. In this, it depends on how you position your self in doing them for what you will attain from them. I found they were quite basic at beginning but then I started to contemplate and do deep observation in the shower and profound things began to emerge. 

Much like psychedelics preparation and intention is important there is much growth that can be had it is all how you approach the experience.

Try introducing some contemplative, breathing and observation exercises when taking cold showers you may be able to attain more from them.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@Jacobsrw I highly recommend going extremely hot too. :D Really opens the blood flow and lets you get loose. Cold showers tense the body up and it's important to alternate.  

I've done these on and off and have never got the full benefits of doing them daily even when consistently doing them but find them to be good especially when dealing with some fog and depression. I do a cold shower about once a week. 

Edited by SunnyNewDay

@fridjonk you shouldn't do the breathing while under the shower. Do it before or you could pass out and hurt yourself!

I'm looking forward to getting into cold showers. But I'll have to wait until the end of winter to start. xD

unborn Truth

@Neorez I don’t believe it would have a dangerous affect unless you were sharmanic breathing, which I was only doing controlled in an exhalations.

@SunnyNewDay they have to become a full body experience to gain benefit I found. A full embodiment.

Yes I am interested in trying saunas to be honest.