Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nivsch

Who wants to go deeper in his yellow? A list of prior stages good things

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Even though i have a list of good things from every stage, i dont feel yellow. I still feel much more at Green stage because green seems to me much more crucial (than lower stages) in adding "soul", taste and meaning to life, and I find myself passionate only about green values in my political activity (and no the lowers), but good sides are:

1. We all have to breathe, eat and drink i think.

2. We know how to make basic interactions. some are better in that and some have more difficulties and more homework to do in purple.

3. Assertivenes is important (healthy side of red).

4. Law and order are important to prevent chaos and violence.

5. Personal financial managing is an important skill. Competition from time to time is a good thing. Achivements and fullfilment is valuable and have its legitimate place. Me myself have strong drive to fulfill myself in music (singing).

Still feels to me a shallow list... but i dont know what to write more. what more i have to know to go deeper in yellow?

We can do a brain-storming and help people here to improve.

Orthodoxy, sorry, but i think its just dark and not good at all.

Dis-acceptance of LGBTQ - wrong. Acceptance is important.

Chasing only after money - very wrong in my opinion.

I dont have anymore good things to say about lower stages. 

And also i guess its not only about stages... we need more things to know in order to be more yellow. But what?

I do meditation techniques for 2.5 years, I see actualized.org many videos. I read books about happines mainely (some psychological and some more scientific) I exploring my OCD for 6 years every day and i have insights of how my mind works and better know today what to do to be much healthier (mental health) and I feel much better today than previous years.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Nivsch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nivsch Do you want to dive deeper into Yellow? Then you gotta go meta.

What's the grounding truth of any ideology? Is it possible to hold an absolutely true point of view?


unborn Truth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

I still feel much more at Green stage because green seems to me much more crucial in adding "soul" and meaning to life

Let go of this need to be more yellow; it's just a color. Here's what yellow wouldn't do: Imagining what yellow looks like and trying to become this and blindly believing what someone says because they are higher up on the spiral and they know better, so it must be true. Moving from green to yellow is to stop being a sheep and start being a seeker. You will be yellow once your priority is not to be something, but to understand something. Paradoxically, moving up to yellow even though you feel like staying at green gives you meaning is not yellow. Staying at green because you feel like life needs more soul and meaning, now that is how yellow goes about things.

You're plan of getting to yellow by integrating all prior stages is definitely a very good plan! Just be careful not to filter every stage through green lenses. 

Based on the posts I've seen of you so far on this forum, you're one of the only people on this forum willing to learn, not trying to force your ideology onto others and I can feel your passion in every post you write - don't worry bro, you're on the right track! Going meta often means taking a step back and looking at it from a distance. Don't worry about what stage you're at and be open-minded that people who you disagree with might see something that you aren't seeing. You don't need to be yellow to say true things; right things are right whether they're said by yellow, blue, turquoise or red. It might even help to forget about Spiral Dynamics for a while; it makes it hard to be open-minded because it makes it very easy to not listen to others because your mind labels them as "below me" on the spiral. So, assume that other people see something that you are not seeing, but never trusts someone else's judgement over your own. Yellow is about the individual finding the answers, not the individual following the one who he believes to have the answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Take SAAFE which measures you according to spiral dynamics. SAAFE report has a list of sub-components of yellow.

After reading descriptions of sub-components of yellow, you will know what and how to improve.

Edited by CreamCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you answer every question in some of the following ways, then I think you're on your way:

1. It depends...

2. Maybe yes, maybe no, because...

3. But what about this thing, and that thing, and this other thing....?

4. Yes yes, there is a God, but...

5. If you change that thing, then that will affect that thing, which affects that...

6. There's not too many people in the world: it's a question of resource management, education, raising people out of poverty, raising humanity's consciousness...

7. How could I ever be racist? I'm related to every human being on this earth.

8. The world is an intricately connected whole, like a living organism, mess around with one part and you affect everything else.

9. Maybe it is a giant living organism....?

10. It's counterintuitive, but look at it this way...

11. I think it's like this, it seems like a useful model, but I am happy to be proven wrong.

12. All my models are useful to me, but it's not reality itself.

13. What do I mean by 'reality itself'? Hmm...

And on and on.


Don't eat soup with chopsticks. Pick up the bowl and drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Nivsch I like to think of the different levels of SD like the gears in a car. Same for the different levels in Maslow's Hierarchy. 

If you are going to take a road trip, let's say Route 66, from Chicago to LA: You can not just drive that whole trip in one gear. 

You got to shift trough every gear from 1st to 5th/6th gear. 

You can be in 5th gear when you are stuck in a traffick jam. And you can't drive in 1st gear on the highway. Your whole gearbox got to be in working order. 

The same applies to life.

Edited by SFRL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.7.2019 at 3:46 AM, SFRL said:

@Nivsch I like to think of the different levels of SD like the gears in a car. Same for the different levels in Maslow's Hierarchy. 

If you are going to take a road trip, let's say Route 66, from Chicago to LA: You can not just drive that whole trip in one gear. 

You got to shift trough every gear from 1st to 5th/6th gear. 

You can be in 5th gear when you are stuck in a traffick jam. And you can't drive in 1st gear on the highway. Your whole gearbox got to be in working order. 

The same applies to life.

Really like this. Beautifull idea.

Just from curiosity - the sunflowers on your picture are because it symbolizes knowledge (or symbolizes stage yellow?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 7.7.2019 at 4:55 PM, Zizzero said:

Let go of this need to be more yellow; it's just a color. Here's what yellow wouldn't do: Imagining what yellow looks like and trying to become this and blindly believing what someone says because they are higher up on the spiral and they know better, so it must be true. Moving from green to yellow is to stop being a sheep and start being a seeker. You will be yellow once your priority is not to be something, but to understand something. Paradoxically, moving up to yellow even though you feel like staying at green gives you meaning is not yellow. Staying at green because you feel like life needs more soul and meaning, now that is how yellow goes about things.

You're plan of getting to yellow by integrating all prior stages is definitely a very good plan! Just be careful not to filter every stage through green lenses. 

Based on the posts I've seen of you so far on this forum, you're one of the only people on this forum willing to learn, not trying to force your ideology onto others and I can feel your passion in every post you write - don't worry bro, you're on the right track! Going meta often means taking a step back and looking at it from a distance. Don't worry about what stage you're at and be open-minded that people who you disagree with might see something that you aren't seeing. You don't need to be yellow to say true things; right things are right whether they're said by yellow, blue, turquoise or red. It might even help to forget about Spiral Dynamics for a while; it makes it hard to be open-minded because it makes it very easy to not listen to others because your mind labels them as "below me" on the spiral. So, assume that other people see something that you are not seeing, but never trusts someone else's judgement over your own. Yellow is about the individual finding the answers, not the individual following the one who he believes to have the answers.

Thank you very much! 👍

By the way I read again the answer you gave me 3 months ago about moving people up the spiral and you said that winning the election is not about moving people up, but about convincing people in my sector (that believe in my agenda) to just go vote.

But I think that to make it happen we need to do a very sharp campaign that based on fear from the opponent (Netanyahu in our case) and how he dangers our democracy (which is may be the truth nowadays) and this i think can be the most effective way to win.

But in the other hand it might polarized more our society and im not sure if it is good for the long run, because polarizing the society may stuck the people and slow down or even stop their natural drifting up in the spiral. So this strategy might be a double-edged sword.

Edited by Nivsch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Nivsch, No right and wrong, everything is relative.

but under that, as a politician, you could govern some rules that ultimately lead to the people's prosperity and peace.

Try to think about inching your way up in the spiral dynamics! What hinders you to go upwards as a person who is active in politics? 

would like to hear more from you!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Really like this. Beautifull idea.

Just from curiosity - the sunflowers on your picture are because it symbolizes knowledge (or symbolizes stage yellow?)

When I just joined Actualized.org forum I used to have a picture of a flower field. 

It's a memory of mine. When I was boxing we did these drills on the heavy bag until exhaustion and then we would go way beyond exhaustion. When it would become particularly bad my trainer would shout "think about the flower fields". The pain would get so great that the body would literally disconnect from the mind, to the point where it was like you are just observing the body from the outside. With the ability to go much harder from that point like there was no exhaustion anymore. Although it still hurt like crazy. And in my head I really would just see beautiful flower fields. To me it really was like a spiritual thing. 

I kind of wanted to go back to the beginning. So I googled a flower field. And I liked this picture. 

Once it was up I actually realized it was yellow. It happens to be the color of Stage Yellow. But that was not intentional. 

I don't call myself Yellow. But the picture might be a good reminder of what could be/should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nivsch said:

By the way I read again the answer you gave me 3 months ago about moving people up the spiral and you said that winning the election is not about moving people up, but about convincing people in my sector (that believe in my agenda) to just go vote.

Yeah, according to political scientists mobilization is way more effective than persuasion in terms of success of political campaigns.

2 hours ago, Nivsch said:

But I think that to make it happen we need to do a very sharp campaign that based on fear from the opponent (Netanyahu in our case) and how he dangers our democracy (which is may be the truth nowadays) and this i think can be the most effective way to win.

But in the other hand it might polarized more our society and im not sure if it is good for the long run, because polarizing the society may stuck the people and slow down or even stop their natural drifting up in the spiral. So this strategy might be a double-edged sword.

I think that's a very yellow way to look at things :) This dwelling in uncertainty, this thinking long-term and this realization that a good intention is something completely different from a good outcome is classical yellow to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 7.7.2019 at 4:20 PM, ajasatya said:

@Nivsch Do you want to dive deeper into Yellow? Then you gotta go meta.

What's the grounding truth of any ideology? Is it possible to hold an absolutely true point of view?

What I think right now is that I can go meta (in political context) ONLY because of spiral dynamics. If I didnt hear about this model - I don't think i could go meta today. I think that the whole point of being deep-yellow is to develop the motivation to be meta naturally(!) Without knowing any model, and i dont think I am there. Also I dont know how i will know when i will be there haha. 

On what you asked:

1. Whats the grounding truth of any ideology? I think the survivle urges. Especially in right wing its very clear. In left wing is less trivial, but Left-center sector still has strong survivle instincts - to defend the sanity and sensitivety of our society and when those values are treathened it feels like a hugh danger to the collective self and to the personal self too i think.

2. Is it possible to hold and absolutely true point of view? I am not sure about that, because what would you say about banning or excluding your son/daugther from the family because s/he is attracted to the same sex? Wrong always i think.

And What about "there is no absolute true point of view" - point of view? I think its also going full circle and kill itself.

In spiritual conetext however, I can go meta today because I training mindfulness techniques for 2.5 years (and will improve in that during the time).

 

Edited by Nivsch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0