Cody_Atzori

Does absolute goodness mean utilitarianism?

16 posts in this topic

The greatest happiness, the greatest amount of people, which implies that I don't matter in the grand scheme of things. I can die if its necessary for absolute goodness. Is that God's scheme? Also If God is so unconditionally loving how would it judge absolute goodness, for example he would the view the extinction of humanity as leading to the ultimate good. But to the ultimate good of what? If goodness is happiness but there's no-one to be happy then what is goodness? 

Ultimate goodness is for the whole of reality. To imply that it’s specific to humans is a projection of a seperate self. If the best course of actions was to wipe out humans to let natural life survive. It will be done. 

Aakash, but nature cannot experience emotions unless its sentient/animalistic. So what would goodness mean then? Understanding/diversity? 

Okay maybe nature was a bad example, it is the whole of reality, including the furniture , and the businesses you see around. It is the WHOLE of reality. So yes including diversity count. If things were too diverse they wouldn’t form a collective ego. So even diversity needs to be limited. Too much diversity and a system breaks. Too little and a system becomes rigid and therefore you need a perfect balance at all time. 

God would not leave this in your hands because you will be biased and so it does it for you. Trump becoming president is good because it raises the overall consciousness of humans becUse they think he’s nuts. Lol 

Edited by Aakash

What if God was a wrong with his approach of making Trump president and this was the root cause of global extinction (unlikely but hypothetically possible). Would God have failed? If God's political agenda is that anything that happens is good, would he excuse global extinction as absolutely good because its only some miniscule world in some obscure corner of space, which doesn't matter for the exalted good of the universe.

@Cody_Atzori @Leo Gura 

i think your going to have to explain this one. I actually don’t have a good way of explaining it to the a seeker. 

I guess i'm being overly rational and distracting myself with the verbalism of enlightenment rather than the spiritual journey & subjective experience. I just thought it was an interesting nook and cranny of what absolute goodness entails.

@Cody_Atzori nope don’t believe what your told. Education and knowledge is equally as important as spiritual practice. It’s just that mental knowledge hinders actual experience and therefore a trade off is made. With spiritual practices being more beneficial to any new seeker. Once you have understood you are god, I think the trade off switches and knowledge and self inquiry into how you are doing it is More important. But it’s balance that is the perfect mix. 

1 hour ago, Cody_Atzori said:

If goodness is happiness but there's no-one to be happy then what is goodness? 

You are placing conditions on what is good from a human perspective. (good = human happiness ; bad = human unhappiness). That is relative goodness. 

Perhaps spend some time deep in nature with no humans around. No human happiness present. Yet you may sense a deep essence of nonhuman happiness and goodness. Absolute Goodness is not limited to humans. 

2 hours ago, Cody_Atzori said:

The greatest happiness, the greatest amount of people

It's not so simple.

Reality is about way more than the pleasures of people.

You have to take into account the entire well-being and harmony of the universe.

Even your human notion of happiness is woefully inadequet. Maximizing that is not God's goal.

which implies that I don't matter in the grand scheme of things. I can die if its necessary for absolute goodness. Is that God's scheme?

Basically yes.

More profoundly: anything which happens is good by defintion because God knows no opposite.

Also If God is so unconditionally loving how would it judge absolute goodness, for example he would the view the extinction of humanity as leading to the ultimate good. But to the ultimate good of what? If goodness is happiness but there's no-one to be happy then what is goodness? 

Absolute Goodness is simply the absence of all distinction and judgment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Cody_Atzori said:

Aakash, but nature cannot experience emotions unless its sentient/animalistic. So what would goodness mean then? Understanding/diversity? 

Nature is Infinite Consciousness!

It can feel all emotions and think all thoughts! It imagines all things, from cars, to planets, to dogs, to humans, to money, to new gadgets, to new scientific theories.

It is imagining and animating every cell in your body, and all humans occupying this planets across all of history. It imagines all histories. It is even reading this sentence and wondering about itself ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It can feel all emotions and think all thoughts! It imagines all things, from cars, to planets, to dogs, to humans, to money, to new gadgets, to new scientific theories.

It is imagining and animating every cell in your body, and all humans occupying this planets across all of history. It imagines all histories. It is even reading this sentence and wondering about itself ;)

Yeah it does. Does it. 

The most fucked up shit ever. Joke. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How can it be animating every cell in my body? Brains do not exist, remember? Also, other humans do not exist either. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

6 minutes ago, Shaun said:

How can it be animating every cell in my body? Brains do not exist, remember? Also, other humans do not exist either. 

They exist. Everything exists. It’s just that all of Existence is within God’s Mind and is God’s Mind. God’s Imagination = Existence. So Imagination = Reality and vice versa. 

@Synchronicity no wonder, the reason I like the way you worded things it’s because you are also aware that you are god but not in non dual way! How far have you seen ? I know it’s difficult to explain but yeah! 

@Cody_Atzori There are no people, no world. There’s no such thing as ‘absolute’ either. Even ‘God’ is just another concept. 

You seem to be questioning beliefs that bring you happiness. Why? If a belief is making you feel good, just keep it. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie