Wekz

Tehnology...

30 posts in this topic

Just realized that tehnologie (phone,tv,radio) are the greatest obstacle to counciousness there ever was..

You become a uncouncious robot, that repeats the same thing again and again, like clockwise, every single day, even worse, you get brainwashed with the same shit every day. Again and again.

Edited by Wekz

@Wekz I don't have a cellphone, cable TV, DVD player, and never had Twitter, Instagram, etc.

Working on getting rid of my Facebook too.

Technology is not wrong per se. it's yourself that makes it bad for you 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Disagree

It was through technology that I could actually peruse my counciousness path and get familiar with the concepts!

Correct!

My dog does not have an IPhone, and he's enlightened. Wait, I don't even have a dog. How disconnected have we become? I'm probably going to leave the forum sometime soon, perhaps a break, I'm not sure. But it's definitely keeping me away from myself.

It's the content in technology more than the technology itself. Lower consciousness technology won't appeal to people trying to go higher. And the internet connects most of the world and more aren't high consciousness compared to lower. 

The user is the problem. 

44 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

It's the content in technology more than the technology itself. Lower consciousness technology won't appeal to people trying to go higher. And the internet connects most of the world and more aren't high consciousness compared to lower. 

The user is the problem. 

Have you ever tried going a month without using the internet? I tried it for almost 2 months, I only used the internet for 5-10 mins a day, plus one hour a week.

That's where most of my growth happened.

But also a lot of growth happened/is happening through the internet nowadays.

I like this pendulum pattern. Going all in for whatever end you're on.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Have you ever tried going a month without using the internet? I tried it for almost 2 months, I only used the internet for 5-10 mins a day, plus one hour a week.

That's where most of my growth happened.

But also a lot of growth happened/is happening through the internet nowadays.

I like this pendulum pattern. Going all in for whatever end you're on.

That would hurt my survival. Limiting is preferable. 

4 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

The user is the problem. 

100% agree, 

it's a process of needing it, realizing one needs it, evaluating why one needs it, letting it go and then using it more consciously. 

@Truth AddictI feel like some people feel the need to take things to the extremes and this benefits them for growth, and others have less of a need for this

@NatashaDo you feel the need for this because you can't remain conscious enough? 

@Wekztotally have to observe the mind as much as possible to break the chains of unconsciousness. It's not just technology but any activity, really  

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows I remember our conversation, and I can't conclude anymore. I was obviously wrong. Growth is very tricky, since future is a mystery.

@Truth Addict I have a knack for taking things too seriously. Spent so much of my life living completely reactive, it’s hard to notice when the same patterns return ?

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Truth Addict I have a knack for taking things too seriously. Spent so much of my life living completely reactive, it’s hard to notice when the same patterns return ?

Why do you think that this is somehow bad and that you should suffer from it?

10 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Do you feel the need for this because you can't remain conscious enough? 

I used to have those things and then realized they were becoming a distraction for me. It took me awhile to let go, esp cellphone and cable TV. The only things I still have are internet, my laptop, and phone landline.

I prefer to spend more time in nature, doing my art, gym and sauna, hanging out with my dog, and visiting with people in person.

I'm also currently exploring intentional living and eliminating stuff from my life that doesn't serve a particular purpose. Already got rid of some furniture, clothes, kitchen gear, holiday decor, books, etc. that I didn't use and need.

Still keeping my Facebook, because I use it to connect with family and friends from Ukraine where I grew up. I don't spend much time on there, though.

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Why do you think that this is somehow bad and that you should suffer from it?

The suffering is a fact, it’s not bad and it’s simply negative emotion. Accept it I must, simply to end it. 

I’m not sure we are on the same page as I didn’t quite understand what you mean relating back to our conversation, feel free to elaborate 

@Natasha that’s awesome, freeing up time and space is something I’ve been working on myself :) 

Juggling too many habits can definitely lead to neglecting what we really want to accomplish and enjoy. 

Thanks for clarifying! 

@DrewNows

You can still go meta on the suffering and realise that you need not to suffer from the beginning. You can learn how to enjoy whatever happens in your life. It's not merely about removing the 'negative feelings', but rather about making them positive.

You've probably already realised that everything is meaningless. If so, then great! You just need to actualise that realisation.

How do you actualise it? Move from thinking to being. Transcend the mind.

How do you do that? Realise the meaninglessness of meaninglessness. Realise that all thoughts are bs.

How do you do that? Meditation, isolation, silence.

That's all I can help you with. I wish you all the best.

@Truth Addict ?? i agree 

we’re helping each other grow man! We don’t have to take anything personal. This is simply dialogue it’s unnecessary  to place limitations on ourselves 

I see negative emotions as healthy and necessary for growth, it can increase self worth, gratitude, peace and love toward others. This might be what you were saying 

Suffering is resisting change. Without going meta or being conscious of suffering, it’s unavoidable. I like you’re suggestions, I’ve understood meaninglessness and practice aloneness.

Ive been having a lot of inner growth lately, it can be quite painful but also very freeing ?

@DrewNows

Why do we not have to take anything personal? That may be part of the path. Right?

We're free to place limitations on ourselves though, I don't see a problem with that.

Honestly, I don't know what the term 'negative' means anymore. Right now, I'm in a place where everything is positive. Limiting, yeah, it could mean what you refer to as negative. Limiting the path is not positive nor negative, it's just you deciding to take a certain turn, in a specific way that you want your life to go. Limitation is differentiation, nothing more, nothing less. You want your life to go in a certain direction, so you exclude all other possible directions. It's just as simple as that. You can let go of that, and live in all directions;) although you don't have to, there's nothing wrong with limiting yourself.

Suffering is resisting being, whether it's change or something else.

And I'm happy that you're feeling liberated, that's awesome!

Edited by Truth Addict