Natasha

Did You Know? - Interesting Food Facts and Trivia

114 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I never thought there was so many crazy things in food @Natasha thanks for this thread I am more aware now hehehe...

I found out "How Much Mouse Poop, Maggots, and Cigarette Butts the FDA Allows in Your Food"

Lol

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/g19934852/common-food-contaminants/

Yeah I knew that about hot dogs, they're sometimes called a rat on a stick, because of the amount of rat contamination in the meat factories.

Interesting link, thanks for sharing, Abra!

@Natasha  You are welcome! In reality we can say that we eat anything... funny.

hahaha...

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I've seen people put coins into their pies, that was on purpose though

3 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

Why though? 

29 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@bejapuskas They could chip there teeth thus being even more unhappy... ? Zero logic ?

Or choke?!? Maybe we're just pessimists  @Charlotte xD

2 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

We have a tradition in my country that I think it comes from Italy, but I am not sure about that.  It's that every 29 of the month we eat gnocchi , is like a pasta. And we put a coin, but in the bottom of the plate, under the plate not inside the food hehehe...

And it is supposed to bring luck to the person who does that...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@Seed @Charlotte  That's why you eat your meals slowly ;) (of course it's just a materialist traddition, I don't really like these xD)

@abrakamowse  We also do that on Christmas with our carp and potato salad. We usually add a lottery ticket and a fish scale.

5 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

We also do that on Christmas with our carp and potato salad. We usually add a lottery ticket and a fish scale.

Nice! That's sound really yummy. And what do you do with the fish scale? It is also something to bring good luck?

^_^

Edited by abrakamowse

Just now, bejapuskas said:

@abrakamowse Yes :) Same thing. Are you from Italy?

No, I am from Uruguay but he have a big immigration from Spain and Italy in the 40's and 50's. So the population is almost half and half descendant from Italians and Spanish people.

My ancestors are from Spain...

But we have like a popular way of talking (spanish mixed with italian) that is called "lunfardo". It's like slang. We mix some words in italian with spanish.

30 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@abrakamowse  Oh so you speak that? Sounds interesting :) 

Yes, it's just basically spanish with some italian words and sometimes we change the order of the syllables, like backwards hehehe...

instead of saying "cabeza" (that means head in english) they say "zabeca" they do it backwards but with syllables not with just the letters backwards.

Like a jargon.